• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Aaron Schobel - Family Leader

In case you didn't notice, Aaron Schobel had a great season last year. But don't get this Schobel confused with his brother Matt Schobel who plays tight end for the Cincinnati Bengals, or his cousin Bo Schobel who's a defensive end for the Tennessee Titans. Aaron, the oldest of the three, was one of the top defensive ends in the NFL last season registering 12 sacks and 71 tackles for the Buffalo Bills.
    Since being drafted by Buffalo in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft, Aaron's quietly become one of the more dominating rush ends in the league. He's tallied 46.5 sacks, eight forced fumbles, two interceptions and averaged 60 tackles a season in his five years in the pros.
    "I like playing in Buffalo because they really appreciate football. I just hope in the next few years we can give them something to cheer about."
    Despite his solid statistics, Aaron continues to search for that elusive Pro Bowl nod and still hopes to make a run into the playoffs before all is said and done. "I like playing in a place like Buffalo because they really appreciate football," said Aaron. "I just hope in the next few years we can give them something to cheer about. Personally I feel like I've put up good numbers and consistently gotten better. Every year I seem to learn more about the position and as long as I keep learning and keep my body in the shape it needs to be in, then I'll keep improving."

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Aaron Schobel - Family Leader

Must be an athletic gene pool in the Schobel family.

Comment

Working...
    X