PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper: Trade me, or terminate my contract

Mitchy moo
03-08-2006, 03:01 PM
MINNEAPOLIS -- Daunte Culpepper (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4659)'s shaky relationship with the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min) deteriorated further on Wednesday when the quarterback said he has asked to be released if the team can't work out a trade.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65>http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s4659.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65>Culpepper</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
In an e-mail to reporters, Culpepper said he has been made aware that the Vikings are shopping him on the trade market. He asked the Vikings if he could speak to interested teams on his own behalf -- and was denied.
"If a trade does not happen then I am asking the Vikings to terminate my contract as soon as possible," Culpepper wrote.
He said he appreciated that the team's new owner, Zygi Wilf, was willing to pay him a $6 million bonus due later this month.
"However, because of the fundamental differences I have with management regarding the approach to my personal and professional life, I think it is the best business decision for both parties to go our separate ways," Culpepper said.
He softened his message slightly by saying that if the team didn't honor his request, "then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2359699

Gunzlingr
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
WTF is wrong with him? They got rid of Moss like he wanted, now he is *****ing again! What a jackass.

NC-BILLS44
03-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey, if a team was looking to trade me, I'd think they didn't want me. Why would I want to be with a team that didn't want me?

RedEyE
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
He's lost it. He has no agent and has been representing himself for sometime. The way he deals is by sending emails to ESPN. That'll get things accomplished quickly - moron.

G. Host
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
WTF is wrong with him? They got rid of Moss like he wanted, now he is *****ing again! What a jackass.

He is mad because he lost his inside connection to scalping football tickets.

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
So Call Up New Orleans, trade their first and Cullpepper for the #2 pick. Take Jay Cutler and move the hell on.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
He won't get near themoney the Vikings are giving him on the open market. He not only sucks without Moss, now he has turned stupid.

Gunzlingr
03-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey, if a team was looking to trade me, I'd think they didn't want me. Why would I want to be with a team that didn't want me?

The thing is he was shopped around because he was raising a stink about wanting out of MN. The guy is a douchebag.

camelcowboy
03-08-2006, 09:11 PM
They have been dicking him around since childress has taken over as coach, he has a right to be pissed, but i still think he's overated, and buffalo better not pick him up. If i see him doing that stupid rolling his hands in a buffalo uniform ill be pissed.

kgun12
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Come on the guys an idiot! If you read the last part posted he say

" Culpepper said.
He softened his message slightly by saying that if the team didn't honor his request, "then I intend to fulfill my contractual obligations to the Minnesota Vikings."

Well I really want out, you pissed me off, but if you won't trade or cut me I'll stay. No kidding whay other options are left?

Bill Brasky
03-08-2006, 11:38 PM
He's lost it. He has no agent and has been representing himself for sometime. The way he deals is by sending emails to ESPN. That'll get things accomplished quickly - moron.

watch out, they might call you a racist!

SABURZFAN
03-09-2006, 12:59 AM
keep him in minnesota and let him suffer.

vicmantak
03-09-2006, 06:46 AM
I just want to know what kind of things they wrote in this letter to make Culpepper angry and want to get out of Minnesota.

I wonder if Marv Levy should have to do something similar to Moulds... for sure, it would create more friendly chance$ to trade him or release him.

Jeff1220
03-09-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd be upset if I were him too. They are shopping him around, but they won't let him speak to the interested parties. If they are actively trying to get rid of him, it might actually help him and the Vikes to let him get involved in the process. I also understand the last part of his email - he's just trying to say that if he ends up with the Vikes after all of this, he'll be a professional and uphold his contract, not pi$$ and moan like TO.

MountainManNYC
03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I think he's hoping if he's released that he can go back to Florida and play with the fishes, but, as dumb as the fish are, I don't think they are stupid enough to sign this untalented over rated kid with a shredded knee... they want and will get Brees if they are smart, not Culpepper. I'd love if they were dumb enough to get Daunte though, our defense would bury him twice a season..

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Culpepper's knee is killing his marketability now. He would be smart to
stay with Minny this year, get healthy, then see what kind of a deal is
available next offseason.

Gunzlingr
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I guess poor Daunte isn't as innocent as he wants everyone to believe

Per Don Banks at SI

Believe it or not, Culpepper is said to still have a chip on his shoulder against Childress due to the 1999 draft, when the Eagles rated Syracuse quarterback Donovan McNabb ahead of Culpepper. McNabb went second overall. Culpepper was taken 11th out of Central Florida. The other three passers taken in the top 12 of that memorable quarterback class -- No. 1 Tim Couch, No. 3 Akili Smith, and No. 12 Cade McNown -- are out of the NFL.