PDA

View Full Version : Where the key FA's are going.

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Sneak Peek: Where The Top Free Agents Are Headed (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/03/08/Sneak_Peek_Where_The_Top_Free_Agents_Are_Headed)

Things that make you go hmmmm..

DraftBoy
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
No guess on Ryan Pickett?

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
No guess on Ryan Pickett?

I was going to say I see Pickett here as well. Use #8 on Davis if available or move down unless D'brick is there

LtFinFan66
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Brees to Miami :up:

BAM
03-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Interesting... Moulds to New England!

:(

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll tell you.. i been TRYING to make some calls, and I literally been ALL OVER THE WEB looking at some credible places. and Buffalo is one of the only teams already UNDER the cap that I havent heard any talk about a specific player coming here.

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 05:17 PM
i think that list is crap.. it is all just guesses.. but i will say, i never really liked NE olineman.. they really are not that impressive.. i think that brady is so good, he makes them look better..

i wouldnt pay high dollar for either of those guys...

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 05:29 PM
i think that list is crap.. it is all just guesses.. but i will say, i never really liked NE olineman.. they really are not that impressive.. i think that brady is so good, he makes them look better..

i wouldnt pay high dollar for either of those guys...
I agree. Pure crap

Mahdi
03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I dont mind Stephen Neal but not if he asks for too much. As for Ashworth, Gandy is comparable enough that bringing in Ashworth for more money is a waste. And although I dont mind Damione Lewis, Ryan Pickett has way more production and gets to the ball carrier better.

Tatonka
03-08-2006, 05:33 PM
i want lewis and pickett.

Mahdi
03-08-2006, 05:42 PM
i want lewis and pickett.
Ya but we also need to address G, C, and safety and possibly WR. So signing both Pickett and Lewis would be hard. But then again if we sign both then we can draft replacements for the other positions. The thing about Lewis though is that he has never had more than 36 tackles in a season while Pickett had 65 last year. I would rather have Pickett and Bernard.

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 05:53 PM
90% or articles by writers, whether on Billszone, some obscure rag or ESPN for that matter are little more than educated guesses.. I implore you, look back on that list in 2 weeks and we'll see if its "pure crap"

If Lewis and Pinkett are THAT impressive to you, why did St. Louis have no interest in signing either of them? A team that stunk on top of that.

And if anybody thinks GAndy is a good enough LT to start on a good team, you probably have had too many lunches with Tom Donahoe... But ya your right, lets keep a journeyman who's nothing more than Marcus Price was 2 years ago as a backup and lets pay him in excess of $2 million dollars a year to be a backup.

Tom Brady has stated publicly that Neal returning is a key to their offense, an while Ashworth may not be mistaken for Anthony Munoz He's started 30 of the last 37 games for NE and has more than gotten the job done.. GO back and watch NE vs Buffalo game tapes, as I have, numerous times.. Tom Brady literally could pack a lunch in the pocket everytime we played them. And unless I'm mistaken, it takes an offensive line to do that.

DraftBoy
03-08-2006, 07:13 PM
Gimme Lewis and Pickett. I dont care why STL didnt resign them Ive seen them play and looked at the stats they are very comparable to the production of Washington, Adams, and Williams of recent years.

I dont know why you have such great hatred from Gandy he was one of 2 bright spots on our OL. If you think he looked as bad as you make it out to seem you need to pass the crack pipe over.

All in all though its a good article with some interesting picks that may pan out.

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I have no problem with Gandy personally.. He's a good guy, went about his business and played as hard as he can.. I think he's better suited to be someone to come off the bench who can play 2-3 positions in a pinch and keep the flow going.

My problem is that Mike Gandy as the starting LEFT tackle is perfectly symbolic as to why the Buffalo Bills are a 5-11 team.