PDA

View Full Version : TKO Update!

Mitchy moo
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Q&A - Linebacker Takeo Spikes
Chris Brown, buffalobills.com
03/08/2006 3:34 PM

It's been five months and counting for Takeo Spikes' recovery from his Achilles tendon surgery after it ruptured in Week Three against Atlanta last season. But according to renowned orthopedist Dr. James Andrews, who performed Spikes surgery, everything is on schedule for the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker. Spikes took time out of his busy schedule to give Bills fans an update as to how his self-labeled 'Comeback' is going.
For more updates on Takeo's progress visit takeospikes51.com (http://www.takeospikes51.com/)
Q: How is 'The Comeback' coming along?
Takeo Spikes: "The Comeback is going good. As of right now I'm five months out of surgery and I'm ahead of schedule in doing a lot of things well. I'm jogging outside of the water. I'm doing a lot more functional skills as far as football-type movement."
Q: What are you able to do now that you couldn't do as little as two months ago?
TS: "Two months ago I couldn't even walk straight without a limp. Now I'm pretty much able to walk straight. I can shuffle side to side without any problems. I'm able to pull somebody behind me. I'm able to get more push out of my calf muscle as far as pulling somebody behind me with a rubber band on."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3629

LtBillsFan66
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Q: When will you be able to rip some punk QB's head off.
TS: Early September.

:D

LtBillsFan66
03-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Q: Has Marv Levy, Dick Jauron or defensive coordinator Perry Fewell spoken to you yet?

TS: "No I haven't spoken to anybody yet."

:eek:

patmoran2006
03-08-2006, 04:01 PM
TKO coming back and being in that lineup from week one is MORE important than ANY FA signing or draft pick we select.

This team flat out NEEDS Spikes in there.

gr8slayer
03-08-2006, 04:09 PM
TKO coming back and being in that lineup from week one is MORE important than ANY FA signing or draft pick we select.

No doubt about it.

vicmantak
03-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Spikes is arguably the best player we ever had in Donahoe's era but sorry to say this but... Takeo suffered an almost career ending injury and he will not be the same player he was.
His position requires a lot of speed, power and upside and believe me that this tendon is more vital than many people think.
Anyway, it doesn't mean that his career has been ended and Bills should be prepared for his return.
Soon or later the LB situation will start on boards and IMHO its wise start thinking that Spikes should be in a zone that he doesn't need to deal with the receiving corps constantly (middle) before it's too late...

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Hate to say it but his chances are slim to none of coming back to 100%. I think it is more likely going to be 50-75%, which means he'll end up getting cut after this season. Sucks. :(

Bill Brasky
03-09-2006, 12:02 AM
i agree. nobody comes back from an injury like that and performs like they did before.

Das_Bills
03-09-2006, 07:19 AM

:10:

Patrick76777
03-09-2006, 07:22 AM

Agree 100%!!!!!

Rewind to week 3 last season and tell me what 2 players we could absolutely not lose to an injury!

IMO, it was Spikes and McGahee! That injury hurt more then anyone likes to think.

mybills
03-09-2006, 07:28 AM
You neg nancies better start praying harder. :;

Mitchy moo
03-09-2006, 10:26 AM
You neg nancies better start praying harder. :;

Can someone please show me some love here, my rep is real low, thank you.

TigerJ
03-09-2006, 12:17 PM

Talk about preaching to the choir. Is anyone here idiot enough to disagree with this?

TigerJ
03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Can someone please show me some love here, my rep is real low, thank you.

Oh I think we might work at bringing you up to a negative 350 or so. LOL

Mitchy moo
03-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh I think we might work at bringing you up to a negative 350 or so. LOL

Thx tiger I needed some help, much obliged.

RedEyE
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Talk about preaching to the choir. Is anyone here idiot enough to disagree with this?

You really don't want the answer to that question, do you?

venis2k1
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM

i could disagree with that. Spikes is a great player, but crowell played great in his place. LBs are a dime a dozen, but franchise lineman are what make a team great.