PDA

View Full Version : "I just didnt understand it", why Ralph voted NO!

X-Era
03-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Can we look any fuggin DUMBER?????

What the fug? 31 others teams managed to GET IT!

Next time bring Overdurf you old doddering fool.

Its so bad that ESPN's clown young female broadcaster is literally holding back laughter about Ralph admitting how senile he is.

Mort and that female idiot had a laugh at Ralphs expense saying he said no because he didnt get it.

Terrible year and now the laughing stock of the league for having friggin Mr. McGoo for our owner.

GREEEEAAAAAAATTTTT!

Devin
03-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Cinci voted no as well.

camelcowboy
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Ralph just likes to say no, he has a track record of voting against the grain.

RedEyE
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I have to agree with him. It's a bit confusing as to why the big market teams are shelling out only 10% of their local revenue, while the small market teams must contribute nearly half.

camelcowboy
03-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Guys cut Ralph a break, this is Ralph's normal nap time, normally he would be sleeping past five o'clock.

feelthepain
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
I have to agree with him. It's a bit confusing as to why the big market teams are shelling out only 10% of their local revenue, while the small market teams must contribute nearly half.

Whats not to get, bigger market teams have more overhead in other words more cost, therefore better for the league as a whole because they generarate more revenue. All the Bills have to do is poor more money into the team and build up their market and they can become one of the teams shelling out only 10%.

X-Era
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Can we look any fuggin DUMBER?????

What the fug? 31 others teams managed to GET IT!

Next time bring Overdurf you old doddering fool.

Its so bad that ESPN's clown young female broadcaster is literally holding back laughter about Ralph admitting how senile he is.

Mort and that female idiot had a laugh at Ralphs expense saying he said no because he didnt get it.

Terrible year and now the laughing stock of the league for having friggin Mr. McGoo for our owner.

GREEEEAAAAAAATTTTT!

Ya know what else chaps my azz?

After getting spanked by the Cowboys, now Jerry Jones looks like a fuggin Hero and our Ralph looks like a complete hospice boob.

UGGGHHHHH!!! Where's Op, I think he will echo my thoughts.

Nublar7
03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Is this a Monday?

:lol:

ICE74129
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I am with JP Era on this, Ralph looked like a total dumbass. It is past time for him to sell this team. This meeting right here showed he is slipping badly.

Samphin1
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I saw that too. As a Dolphins fan, I must admit I giggled a tad. However, it was very cringe worthy. It may be time for Wilson to let someone else handle the team's affairs now.

RedEyE
03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Whats not to get, bigger market teams have more overhead in other words more cost, therefore better for the league as a whole because they generarate more revenue. All the Bills have to do is poor more money into the team and build up their market and they can become one of the teams shelling out only 10%.

What do you mean "all they have to do"? The city of Buffalo is in financial ruins. Most businesses have moved out because of high state taxes taking with them educated and skilled employees that are also fans. The political agenda of NY state does not include pumping life back into Buffalo. The political system is so far up the ass of NYC it's not even funny. In fact, the Bills actually gave the city finacial aide this past year. When is the last time you heard of anNFL team givng back to the community rather than constantly whining and taking. It's not as simple as you think...The Bills were a corner stone of this league, and regardless of Mr. Wilson state of mind, he deserves the utmost respect for it wasn't for owners like himself, there wouldn't even be an NFL today.

X-Era
03-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Cinci voted no as well.

Seriously, I feel a bit embarassed to be a Bill today.

Im already sick of seeing the re-runs of Ralph looking like Mr. McGoo. Especially when *****s like Jerry Jones and Dan Sneider look like geniuses.

It will all be good if Marv makes BIG waves in FA right off the bat. However, if he sits back on his haunches and pulls a TD, Im gonna be PIZZZZED!

EricStratton
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Local NYC radio claimed last night that many teams didn't fully understand the deal but they voted for it because other owners told them it was in their best interest.

Apparently the Jets owner voted yes because the pats/Skins/Giants/Cowboys did and he considers his team in the same market as them.

Which is worse?

Pride
03-09-2006, 08:03 AM
I agree, while wilson looked like a moron, I bet half of the owners didnt fully understand the details and just went with the flow.

EricStratton
03-09-2006, 08:06 AM
The owners had 45 minutes to decide the next 6 years of the league. I'd bet (and some stories back it up) that others didn't fully understand but Ralph was just the only one to speak into a microphone.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:13 AM
The owners had 45 minutes to decide the next 6 years of the league. I'd bet (and some stories back it up) that others didn't fully understand but Ralph was just the only one to speak into a microphone.

Ralph should have kept his mouth shut. The Bills are seen bad enough as is. Just don't say anything at all. 'Well I am glad it got worked out' That would have been much better than 'Uh...I don't understand it'

EricStratton
03-09-2006, 08:15 AM
I'd rather he speak his mind.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd rather he shut up and not bring further crap on the Bills and it's fans. But hey we are Bills fans we are used to being crapped on, why not another load?

TedMock
03-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Did anybody actually listen to the rest of his comments? Or, even what NFL Network had to say about them afterwords? This whole thing is being blown WAAAAAAYYYY out of proportion.

Ralph absolutely sounded like a dumba- - initially. No doubt about it. However, he also said that this was a complicated proposal that they were only given 45 minutes to discuss, and vote on. He said that he voted 'no' because that's just not the way you do business, and it was poor business.

Afterward, Adam Shefter said that Wilson wasn't alone in his thinking, but that the other owners just really wanted to get this thing done to "save the league."

In the end, Ralph Wilson may, or may not, have made the right, or wrong, decision, but I don't fault him for not wanting to jump the gun.

What Ralph truly lacks is that inner filter that tells all folks in pro-sports to speak in cliche' and say the same thing everybody else does. "Everybody's a winner here." "We all had to give and take a little." "I'm just really happy that we were able to get this done." blah, blah, blah

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh cmon you guys. The bills hardly gets talked about on a national scale. Pothead RW get's more attention than the entire bills.

It was nice to see the bills name on NFL Networks ticker. :snicker: Way to go Ralphy. :up: You're the next star in the next Bang Cartoons.

Saratoga Slim
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Whatever. Put a good team on the field and its all OK.

Static
03-09-2006, 08:40 AM
As a finfan i feel that espn overplayed that clip just to make Ralph Wilson look bad, i can see his point about it being rushed through without everything being explained, i am sure there was a few owners that voted without totally understanding what was in it.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:43 AM
As a finfan i feel that espn overplayed that clip just to make Ralph Wilson look bad, i can see his point about it being rushed through without everything being explained, i am sure there was a few owners that voted without totally understanding what was in it.

ESPM, ESPN News, NFLN, FOX Sports, Many local media outlets. It isn't just ESPN. Ralph sounded like a dumb ass (he did, period) and we are going to hear about it.

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2006, 08:52 AM
ESPM, ESPN News, NFLN, FOX Sports, Many local media outlets. It isn't just ESPN. Ralph sounded like a dumb ass (he did, period) and we are going to hear about it.

SO WHAT!!!!!

Cry me a river. If people can't understand that the media just uses clips of interviews to make a make themselves look good, then screw 'em. If I had only 45 minutes to agree to a proposal that would effect the next 6 years, involves
hundreds of millions to billions of dollars, I would probably vote against it too. I would want more time to make sure I had a full understanding be for voting.

The media outlets are going to use whatever they can get their hands on, twist it to make it juicier, then throw it out to the public to see what kind of reaction they get.

They seem to have gotten the reaction they wanted here.

EricStratton
03-09-2006, 08:55 AM
In a week will anyone outside of Buffalo know who the owner of the Bills is?

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
SO WHAT!!!!!

Cry me a river. If people can't understand that the media just uses clips of interviews to make a make themselves look good, then screw 'em. If I had only 45 minutes to agree to a proposal that would effect the next 6 years, involves
hundreds of millions to billions of dollars, I would probably vote against it too. I would want more time to make sure I had a full understanding be for voting.

The media outlets are going to use whatever they can get their hands on, twist it to make it juicier, then throw it out to the public to see what kind of reaction they get.

They seem to have gotten the reaction they wanted here.

45 min my ass. They have had WEEKS! All they did was twist and turn the same damn proposal until it fit.

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Seriously, I feel a bit embarassed to be a Bill today.

Im already sick of seeing the re-runs of Ralph looking like Mr. McGoo. Especially when *****s like Jerry Jones and Dan Sneider look like geniuses.

It will all be good if Marv makes BIG waves in FA right off the bat. However, if he sits back on his haunches and pulls a TD, Im gonna be PIZZZZED!

Is your first name Bill? Are you a player for the Buffalo Bills? Do you work for the organization? The answer is probably no to all three. You're not a Bill. You're a fan.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:57 AM
In a week will anyone outside of Buffalo know who the owner of the Bills is?

Ask anyone how to spell 'BiLLLLs'. I guarantee you YES they will know.

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 08:58 AM
SO WHAT!!!!!.Cry me a river.:posrep:

If people can't understand that the media just uses clips of interviews to make a make themselves look good, then screw 'em. If I had only 45 minutes to agree to a proposal that would effect the next 6 years, involves

They seem to have gotten the reaction they wanted here. I happen to love the attention we're getting.

It's better than getting killed by Pitts 2nd and 3rd strings.

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2006, 08:59 AM
45 min my ass. They have had WEEKS! All they did was twist and turn the same damn proposal until it fit.

:cry:

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
In a week will anyone outside of Buffalo know who the owner of the Bills is?Especially when the CBa settlement opens new doors for TO. :ill:

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
:posrep:

I happen to love the attention we're getting.

It's better than getting killed by Pitts 2nd and 3rd strings.

That's the spirit.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:05 AM
That's the spirit.

That's pure fing stupidity. Hey we need some more negative press, so lets have our owner look like a moron on national TV. Yeah....brilliant.

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 09:09 AM
That's pure fing stupidity. Hey we need some more negative press, so lets have our owner look like a moron on national TV. Yeah....brilliant.
You're taking things too personally Ice. Have a few beers.

TedMock
03-09-2006, 09:10 AM

Who cares? Think about it. He only looks like a moron to the real morons. The people who didn't listen the entire quote, or the following commentary. The morons are those who hear half-a-quote, and form an opinion on nothing other than their 100% pure ignorance. I personally find it humorous that all these idiots in the media who think they're so brilliant are indeed proving their ignorance is even greater than we imagined. They look stupid, not Ralph.

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Who cares? Think about it. He only looks like a moron to the real morons. The people who didn't listen the entire quote, or the following commentary. The morons are those who hear half-a-quote, and form an opinion on nothing other than their 100% pure ignorance. I personally find it humorous that all these idiots in the media who think they're so brilliant are indeed proving their ignorance is even greater than we imagined. They look stupid, not Ralph.it's like college professors criticizing Donald Trumps business sense.

NC-BILLS44
03-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Who cares? Think about it. He only looks like a moron to the real morons. The people who didn't listen the entire quote, or the following commentary. The morons are those who hear half-a-quote, and form an opinion on nothing other than their 100% pure ignorance. I personally find it humorous that all these idiots in the media who think they're so brilliant are indeed proving their ignorance is even greater than we imagined. They look stupid, not Ralph.

:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Bump!

alohabillsfan
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
When are the apologies going to start rolling in? I miss ICE (J/K)

madness
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
I think there's at least half a dozen of these threads. :evil:

SquishDaFish
05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Whos looking dumb now LOL

Night Train
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Whos looking dumb now LOL

The usual suspects.

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2008, 10:01 AM
The usual suspects.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/72/039_44628~The-Usual-Suspects-Posters.jpg

ddaryl
05-20-2008, 10:18 AM
yep.. one of 2 owners who were actually ahead of the game.

now with Dallas charging 50K for the right to buy tickets at $300+ Ralph was spot on.

djjimkelly
05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
pretty funny most of the people in this thread who thought we looked dumb when ralph voted no.

are the same people whos views on the ways the bills are run are vastly different then mine.

is that coincidence or a pattern ill go with pattern. i dont care what ralph looks like in media i dont care what national writers say about our team or roster our qb position and so on. go with with what your head says

anyone whos head didnt say 110 mil cap for 53 guys was a joke and was wrred that espn made our owner look like a fool becuz he was smart for a stupid old man needs to reevaluate most things they think about the bills.

im for NO CAP players not free agents for 6 year instead of 4 this is a better system for the bills who cares about UFAs teams are built thru draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!