PDA

View Full Version : Where are we cap wise Clump?

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 07:45 AM
I will say this. 7.5 mill doesn't save moulds. It just buys time to find another #2 WR. 11+ mill on the books is still too much. We cut him and we have the ability to be a MAJOR player come Saturday. Two DT's, Two OL, WR, SS? Not an issue with what I am guessing is about 22 mil if we cut moulds.

If marv, Modrak and Guy have done their homework, there is no reason we can't get shored up pretty quickly with that kind of cap room.

Come on Marv!

Night Train
03-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Clump may be sleeping but if I remember his posts, we were 10.5 Mil under. The new fig is an additional 7.5 Mil, meaning 18 Mil under.

Cut Moulds and you're 23.5 Mil under.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Clump may be sleeping but if I remember his posts, we were 10.5 Mil under. The new fig is an additional 7.5 Mil, meaning 18 Mil under.

Cut Moulds and you're 23.5 Mil under.

23.5 could really help us out.

Tatonka
03-09-2006, 08:51 AM
we have to spend 23 mill for it to help us.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:52 AM
It's TV money Ralph shouldn't care. If he pulls a bidwell and keeps from spending We are done. the only way we make it back is if we spend and spend a ton.

clumping platelets
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I have us $16.4 million under.......

I'm not sure how much it really help us....every teams cap situation just got better

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
I have us $16.4 million under.......

I'm not sure how much it really help us....every teams cap situation just got better

It helps us because it allows US to possibly sign an extra FA or two that we couldn't have. 1 or 2 more spots before the draft.

I see it like this, Mort said there were 6 teams that could really be active in FA. The Bills were one of them. This was before the CBA. That 10 mill advantage is still a 10 mill advantage over many other teams.

I see the extra 7.5 as the 2nd DT and the SS addressed in FA we needed that we would of had to draft. Now we can possibly go BPA for the #8 pick.

Stewie
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
It helps us because it allows US to possibly sign an extra FA or two that we couldn't have.

Not necessarily. Every team can say the same thing. The number of available players isn't going up (in fact, it went down b/c there will be fewer cuts.)

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Not necessarily. Every team can say the same thing. The number of available players isn't going up (in fact, it went down b/c there will be fewer cuts.)

I think it will help a little. But hey, the upside is we have 16+ Mill to spend. That is a first I think? Clump? Now for the great part, CBA in place...Cap goes up 7 mill next year....and we have TONS of dead cap we are going to free up!!

I'm no 'clump' But I can see us having about 15-20 mill again next year to play with. THEN is when we make our move to contend for a title! Set the foundation this offseason, then finish the product next offseason!

kgun12
03-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Where it could help is if we really want someone we can pay a little extra to get him. Where it hurts us is the fact that the some of other teams have money and aren't afraid of the cap, and also there isn't going to be as many FA to keep the prices down.

kgun12
03-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Where it could help is if we really want someone we can pay a little extra to get him. Where it hurts us is the fact that the some of other teams have money and aren't afraid of the cap, and also there isn't going to be as many FA to keep the prices down.

eyedog
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I would let Moulds go and then go to work with your 20 mil in fa.
With that I would target one key player then, a young star player, and that would be Hutchinson. He is still young with many good years in front of him and he could grow with a young rebuilding team like the Bills. A couple of problems though with that. He is already on one of the best teams in the league and he would have to move across country. So they would have to overpay to get his services, and I mean it would probably take some drastic overpaying but I think he would be worth it. they could then draft for the d-line and add an o-tackle in the draft also. We would need another receiver but they are usually easier to find.

clumping platelets
03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Bills are presently WAAAAAAAAAY under 2007 cap of $109 million......

Yasgur's Farm
03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I would suggest that the new cap saved Vilarrial's, Shelton's and Burns' jobs... But I still think Moulds needs to go. We could use the money in free agency and we can do without his negg leadership in the locker room and on the field.

TacklingDummy
03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
There's no reason to cut Moulds now or anytime soon since the Bills don't need the money right now or anytime soon. Since they are not going after any FA at this time that we know of. Besides Schobel's brother. And that shouldn't cost much.

The Bills shouldn't even of cut Adams until they had a plan to replace him.

clumping platelets
03-09-2006, 11:34 AM
for update.....see stuck threads :ontome:

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Bills are presently WAAAAAAAAAY under 2007 cap of $109 million......

I think we are in that 'Oh my GOD' Area of cap room. Add in what we pay the new guys, some bonuses and base pay increases, I think we are still WAY under next years cap.

Make some good moves now marv and 07 will be a great year!

feelthepain
03-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Just because you're way under doesn't mean your owner will spend the money you have to spend. Also it's still tough to get players to play in Buffalo. With the CBA getting done it makes it even tougher for the Bills because all the teams will have money to spend and that means many more options for the FA. Some players will sign with Buffalo, but lets say Bently has three teams that really want to sign him and the Bills are one, what are the chances he signs with the Bills over the Eagles or Vikes??? Just because the Bills have more money doesn't mean the player will play there especially if the player knows the Bills won't be competing for the SB or even playoffs.

clumping platelets
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Bills can structure contracts that use 2007 cap space....i.e. big roster or option payment in 2007....but again, many teams are in the same boat

SquishDaFish
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Im sick and tired of hearing Miami ****ty fans saying players srent going to want to come here which is untrue. We had big names the last few years sign here and I bet we are active and have signings again this year. So go back to your godamn hole FTP along with scooby and Bling. Bunch of morons.

Marvelous
03-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I think it will help a little. But hey, the upside is we have 16+ Mill to spend. That is a first I think? Clump? Now for the great part, CBA in place...Cap goes up 7 mill next year....and we have TONS of dead cap we are going to free up!!

I'm no 'clump' But I can see us having about 15-20 mill again next year to play with. THEN is when we make our move to contend for a title! Set the foundation this offseason, then finish the product next offseason!

Awesome. I feel the same way.

feelthepain
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Im sick and tired of hearing Miami ****ty fans saying players srent going to want to come here which is untrue. We had big names the last few years sign here and I bet we are active and have signings again this year. So go back to your godamn hole FTP along with scooby and Bling. Bunch of morons.

You're sick of hearing football fans talk football?? Then go to a knitting site and learn how to knit.

Mitchy moo
03-09-2006, 01:08 PM
You're sick of hearing football fans talk football?? Then go to a knitting site and learn how to knit.

Do you have a link?

ScottLawrence
03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Now why would we cut Moulds, one of the best posession recievers in the NFL with the new cap number?

Just doesn't make sense to me, even at his age.

Keep him at all costs, which seems to be Marvs plan.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Now why would we cut Moulds, one of the best posession recievers in the NFL with the new cap number?

Just doesn't make sense to me, even at his age.

Keep him at all costs, which seems to be Marvs plan.

That's because you have proven on 3 boards now you dont' understand football. Moulds doesnt = #1 WR money and sure as hell doesn't warrant an 11 mill cap number