PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new owner?

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Mike and Mike are tearing into Ralphs incoherant comments from yesterday. My uncle says Charlotte radio is all over him as well. Tulsa Sports radio is on him as too.

I don't care he kept the team here blah blah blah, folks ralph just looked like a total idiot on National TV. Not only that fans and owners can now pin this entire delay on RW. Yeah I know it's crap, but when you come out of the meeting room and say 'Uh...I didn't understand it' Instead of 'Well I am glad it worked out' or something like it....you are in trouble.

I for one appreciate all he has DONE. Done being the operative word. I have said for 5 years it is past time to try and find a new owner. Do you guys realise if he died on his plane ride back to Detroit...we have no one to own this team? His kids won't touch it. They have publicly said so about a year or two back. The taxes alone aren't worth it. I read about 2 years ago that someone did an estimate on the taxes vs what Ralph could leave his kids and it wasn't enough to pay the estate taxes and still have any money to run the team. (Signing bonuses etc).

Ralph has been known as a cheap owner. 'But Ice we are near or over the cap each year). Again, TV contracts pay the players salaries. It has been rumored many times (and yes I agree it is rumor) That we couldnt' or wouldn't sign FA's because ralph either couldn't or wouldn't pay the Signing Bonus. he has been cheap on paying coaches. (MM was the 2nd lowest paid HC in the NFL). As for as additional monies, we have talked about him not willing to sell stadium rights etc.

On top of all of that, the PC's for all of this offseason mess was a telling tale. He got tired, Lost train of thought thoughout the interviews. And now this. He comes out and says he voted no because he didn't understand it. 'But ICE it is tough I wouldn't understand it either'. You aren't the owner of a major sports franchise!!! Ralph Wilson is the owner of the Buffalo Bills. It is his JOB TO UNDERSTAND IT! If he can't we have major problems. it is well past time for fans to see and understand this. And let me ask, Where the friggin hell was Jeffery Litman thoughout all of this? The Buffalo Bills 'money man'. He does all of Ralphs bidding etc. Surely he, Overdorf, or someone on that staff should be able to sit in with him and understand it?

Not only are we the laughing stock on the field, we are back to being it again off of the field. And if you think just throwing money at a FA will matter, it won't. We are a LOSING and unstable franchise right now. Our former HC was retained then QUIT a week later. We are ran by two old men. Look at ralph, If I am 28 years old I am NOT signing a 5 year contract in my prime to play here. Ralph could croak and then the team sell and move. I can't afford to do that to my family.

Look I am not meaning to rant but damn folks. I understand what I am saying is worst case scenario somewhat, but that WCS is now closer to reality than not. And ralph wilsons comments last night just put is further in a bad hole.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2006, 08:14 AM
You can't fire the owner man. What do you suggest? Who will buy them?

LtBillsFan66
03-09-2006, 08:17 AM
How much do you have in your rainy day fund thurm?

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:18 AM
You can't fire the owner man. What do you suggest? Who will buy them?

I think the NFL would want to keep them in Buffalo. Great football market. But we need a younger owner, more up to speed on todays business doings. One that can try to market better, has deeper pockets etc. Who? I don't know. If I had a couple Billion I would do it :handball:

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Ice the only way this can happen is if Ralph himself decided to sell the team. The NFL has no say over this as it is Ralph's property. I would love for him to sell the team to a younger person dedicated to keep them local but I just don't see it happening until Ralph passes.

justasportsfan
03-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I would love for him to sell the team to a younger person dedicated to keep them local but I just don't see it happening until Ralph passes. Don't worry about it. Mikey is working ovetime at wegmans.

RedEyE
03-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Ralph at least guarantees the Bills in Buffalo. A new owner might not be as willing.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Ralph at least guarantees the Bills in Buffalo. A new owner might not be as willing.

So you want to keep a guy that might not be qualified any longer to run an NFL team because a new owner MIGHT move them? I know we can't remove the owner but it is well past time to hope Ralph sells this team.

Another thing fans don't understand, we are in a mess when he dies. No one wants the team in his family. Sure they will manage it, but depending on the time of year we can be screwed. No bonus money for FA's if he dies next feb/march. The NFL Takes its time to find new ownership etc.

madness
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread is a downright disrespect to someone that ate, drank, and slept football all his life. Do you honestly think Buffalo would have a football team if it wasn't for RW? You don't own the team, he does. I think he has earned the respect to do whatever he feels is right for this football team, no matter what the media or some homer thinks. I hope Ralph lives another twenty just to spite. :shakeno:

TacklingDummy
03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
If Peyton Manning was ever a Bill do you think Ralph would of coughed up the money to keep him a Bill? I doubt it, I think Ralph is cheap.

But it's his team and he could do what he wants or say what he wants about it.

Bill Brasky
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Mikeand Mike have no right to rip on somebody... these guys get their facts wrong 57% of the time.

G. Host
03-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I for one appreciate all he has DONE. Done being the operative word. I have said for 5 years it is past time to try and find a new owner..

I think there is no way for your idol Jerry Jones to take over the Bills.

The_Philster
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Another thing fans don't understand, we are in a mess when he dies. :bs: We all understand that one, newbie...it's the subject of threads pretty regularly...has been since the Zone's inception

Frez
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I thought it was very disrespectful today what ESPN had on their radio shows about Ralph Wilson. I was always taught to respect senior citizens. My feelings were hurt today hearing that garbage on the radio about a GREAT owner who has done lots for the NFL over the years. How can you bash a man for being 90 years old and not having the quick mind of a 40 year old? I think it's wrong! Again, maybe Ralph was the correct one to vote no.

Very disrespectful ESPN, they should be ashamed of themselves!

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 04:05 PM
I think there is no way for your idol Jerry Jones to take over the Bills.

He isn't my Idol.

EDS
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Worst thread ever.

You don't like the owner, don't like the players, don't like the coach, etc. Why be a fan? Get over it. It is Ralph's team.

No local buyers have steped up which is the problem because the NFL could care less if there is a team in Buffalo after Ralph kicks - they would much rather have a team in LA or other more attractive market.

LtFinFan66
03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Will Ralph take ZB's? :zb: If so, you can all pool your bucks and make the Zone the new owners!! :idunno:

Typ0
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Mike and Mike are tearing into Ralphs incoherant comments from yesterday. My uncle says Charlotte radio is all over him as well. Tulsa Sports radio is on him as too.

I don't care he kept the team here blah blah blah, folks ralph just looked like a total idiot on National TV. Not only that fans and owners can now pin this entire delay on RW. Yeah I know it's crap, but when you come out of the meeting room and say 'Uh...I didn't understand it' Instead of 'Well I am glad it worked out' or something like it....you are in trouble.

I for one appreciate all he has DONE. Done being the operative word. I have said for 5 years it is past time to try and find a new owner. Do you guys realise if he died on his plane ride back to Detroit...we have no one to own this team? His kids won't touch it. They have publicly said so about a year or two back. The taxes alone aren't worth it. I read about 2 years ago that someone did an estimate on the taxes vs what Ralph could leave his kids and it wasn't enough to pay the estate taxes and still have any money to run the team. (Signing bonuses etc).

Ralph has been known as a cheap owner. 'But Ice we are near or over the cap each year). Again, TV contracts pay the players salaries. It has been rumored many times (and yes I agree it is rumor) That we couldnt' or wouldn't sign FA's because ralph either couldn't or wouldn't pay the Signing Bonus. he has been cheap on paying coaches. (MM was the 2nd lowest paid HC in the NFL). As for as additional monies, we have talked about him not willing to sell stadium rights etc.

On top of all of that, the PC's for all of this offseason mess was a telling tale. He got tired, Lost train of thought thoughout the interviews. And now this. He comes out and says he voted no because he didn't understand it. 'But ICE it is tough I wouldn't understand it either'. You aren't the owner of a major sports franchise!!! Ralph Wilson is the owner of the Buffalo Bills. It is his JOB TO UNDERSTAND IT! If he can't we have major problems. it is well past time for fans to see and understand this. And let me ask, Where the friggin hell was Jeffery Litman thoughout all of this? The Buffalo Bills 'money man'. He does all of Ralphs bidding etc. Surely he, Overdorf, or someone on that staff should be able to sit in with him and understand it?

Not only are we the laughing stock on the field, we are back to being it again off of the field. And if you think just throwing money at a FA will matter, it won't. We are a LOSING and unstable franchise right now. Our former HC was retained then QUIT a week later. We are ran by two old men. Look at ralph, If I am 28 years old I am NOT signing a 5 year contract in my prime to play here. Ralph could croak and then the team sell and move. I can't afford to do that to my family.

Look I am not meaning to rant but damn folks. I understand what I am saying is worst case scenario somewhat, but that WCS is now closer to reality than not. And ralph wilsons comments last night just put is further in a bad hole.

In this post you assert that Mr. Wilson voted with no input from the rest of the organization? Where do you get your information? Whose to say he didn't have an attorney, accountant and another advisor speaking with him during the decision making process and advising him to vote no? I kinda doubt these people are sitting in a box trying to make these decisions.

As a matter of fact...they knew how the vote was going to go before they even voted. It's highly likely there were a few other teams who were on the no side but voted yes just to look like they were supporting the group. Had any of those had a decision making vote they may have voted differently. I'd say voting no was more of a statement. It was on record days ago what was holding up the CBA was franchise distributions and Mr. Wilson did not like what the larger market owners were proposing.

That said, his comments were horrible and he's had the image in the media the last four or so years of someone who was incompetent. It's quite possible his mind isn't working as sharp as it used to...cough cough.

mr nyjet
03-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Worst thread ever.

You don't like the owner, don't like the players, don't like the coach, etc. Why be a fan? Get over it. It is Ralph's team.

No local buyers have steped up which is the problem because the NFL could care less if there is a team in Buffalo after Ralph kicks - they would much rather have a team in LA or other more attractive market.

the nfl, in 1949,1959, and 1966, said it did not want buffalo in the league. it was the jets, raiders, chiefs, and oilers who insisted on a full merger or none at all.
since you don't have population, tv market, income , they would move the team to la, anaheim, san antonio in a minute. unlike green bay, there is no community ownership, so the new owner can do whatever he wants. the league guaranteed the tv networks and locals a team in la by 2009. since they won't expand , one team will move. also, if chicago builds another crib , daley said he wants an afc team, just like new york city, with one team in each conference.:handball:

mr nyjet
03-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Don't worry about it. Mikey is working ovetime at wegmans.

:bullseye: he has to! footballhottie is what they call ' high-maintenance'.....

he really needs the extra money. plus, the media play store in greece is being replaced with a best buy.:xmas:

G. Host
03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
He isn't my Idol.
From your posts it indicates he is. Jerry can walk on water, find BIG dollar companies to buy stadium rights to stadium and turn it into a big market team. That is NOT Buffalo. Maybe you think Buffalo is Buffalo, Texas.

:bow: Jerry Jones

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
From your posts it indicates he is. Jerry can walk on water, find BIG dollar companies to buy stadium rights to stadium and turn it into a big market team. That is NOT Buffalo. Maybe you think Buffalo is Buffalo, Texas.

:bow: Jerry Jones

I said if an owner like JJ was here things would be different. An owner like Richardson of the panthers, things would be different.

There are companies that have approached RW after the Rich family quit paying for stadium naming rights and asked to pay for them. Ralph said no. I don't have the articles but there was mention of it, esp when the whole lease thing was going on.

Everyone defends ralph for one reason...he apperantly was willing to keep the team in Buffalo....except the two times he wanted to use moving them as leverage to get a better lease. Funny how fans forget that AND the fact he wanted the first NFL Franchise in Miami, not Buffalo. Reality has cought up with RW, time to try and bring in more money or else.