PDA

View Full Version : Noronen to Vancouver

Philagape
03-09-2006, 11:55 AM
We had extraordinary depth at goaltender, two guys who could start for most teams and a solid backup. We could have gotten a really good D-man, or just kept them for the league's best depth going into the playoffs .....

And we turn that advantage into a second-round draft pick.

Worst-case scenario.

Philagape
03-09-2006, 11:56 AM
At least we still have maybe the best backup, but any trade leverage is gone. In the NHL, the last thing you want is draft picks.

clumping platelets
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
That pick can be put with another player like Kalinin or Pyatt to acquire what we need

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Yup still some time left to strike a deal.

Philagape
03-09-2006, 12:16 PM
They better. ... 1:45 to go

JD
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Who would we trade? 45 minutes left.

Pyatt and Grier and a pick for someone decent? lol i dunno

doomsdayvirus
03-09-2006, 01:43 PM
that deal is crap, it does nothing for us RIGHT NOW, so what was the point of even making it?

we could have traded noronen in the offseason for a draft pick.

doomsdayvirus
03-09-2006, 01:48 PM
and what happens to our goaltender depth when biron wants to renew his $2mil contract and miller isn't happy playing for a measly $500k?

somebody's gonna go, and with him will go our depth.

who's making these trades? tom donahoe?

qcsabresfan84
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that Darcy is going to let Marty go this offseason. Don't forget about Michael Leighton, the kid we picked up earlier this season. He could be considered our backup for next season.
Also, i wouldn't worry too much about depth at goaltender. Although it is nice to have, it is not the most essential thing to worry about, especially since it seems quality goaltenders pop up out of nowhere all over the league.

Ebenezer
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
and what happens to our goaltender depth when biron wants to renew his $2mil contract and miller isn't happy playing for a measly $500k?

somebody's gonna go, and with him will go our depth.

who's making these trades? tom donahoe?
no team is hotter since Nov. 1...just how do you make this team better?

MikeInRoch
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I sure the heck wouldn't screw with the chemistry right now...

DMBcrew36
03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
This was a great move. That's all there is to say. Noronen wanted out, and we didn't need anything anyone was willing to give us. So we take the pick. We have good scouts and we'll get a good pick out of it.

Crisis
03-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm going to miss Noronen, but at the same time am happy for him. He didn't deserve to be stuck behind Biron and Miller.

Typ0
03-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm on board. Let's get a win tonight and climb to the top!

Meathead
03-09-2006, 05:39 PM
a second round pick for a third string goalie is at least a fair trade if not better

what are you going to do? keep a third stringer active all playoffs when he certainly wont see the ice the whole time? you cant send him down and you use up a valuable roster spot

it would have been nice to get some veteran depth elsewhere for the playoffs but if you cant do that a second rounder is a great investment for the future, considering

PUCKER
03-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Cant go wrong on this deal They needed to move a goalie and we didnt screw our chemistry up. :up:

BuffaloRanger
03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I hope this guy "Chemistry" can score goals and clear out the front of the net come playoff time.

Darcy could have traded Biron, kept an inexpensive Norenon as back up for years, and improved the team now.

"I don't want to try to steal second base because I might get thrown out."

"I don't want to ask out my dreamgirl because she might say no."

"The Sabres shouldn't make a trade that could help them win the cup because it could screw up the chemistry."

There are no guarantees in life. But if the opportunity to improve your life, your team, whatever, presents itself don't be scared or complacent.

chubluv
03-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Good luck to Mika !!!