PDA

View Full Version : Cullpepper a Dolphin?

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Mort says in the next 24-48 hours Cullpepper will be traded. Both he and Adam Schefter said that a deal is done with someone. Mort says Miami or Arizona. Adam says Oakland may sneak in at the last minute.

DraftBoy
03-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Its gotta be Zona, why would Miami make a deal when they are close to the cap to take on a huge salary in Culpepper who doesnt appear to be a Saban guy.

Jeff1220
03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Arizona would be very likely. Didn't Denny Green draft him?

LtFinFan66
03-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I want Brees! :down: to Daunte

Static
03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I want a QB without an injury.........

L.A. Playa
03-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Josh McCown is available im sure Luke is too

TacklingDummy
03-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Its gotta be Zona, why would Miami make a deal when they are close to the cap to take on a huge salary in Culpepper who doesnt appear to be a Saban guy.

Warner just signed a extension with Arizona. Culpepper is not going there. What Mort really said was the the Vikings were looking to trade him to either Oakland or Miami.

L.A. Playa
03-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I read they are looking to dump him and will take less than a # 1 pick

DraftBoy
03-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Warner just signed a extension with Arizona. Culpepper is not going there. What Mort really said was the the Vikings were looking to trade him to either Oakland or Miami.

You really think that Warner signing an extension is gonna stop Arizona from going after Culpepper? They'll make Warner's ass sit on the bench and watch Dante work. IF he struggles or gets hurt again its Kurt's time. I dont care nor does Cards management whether or not Warner really likes it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Dante is a favorite of mine I hope he doesn't go to the phins

DraftBoy
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Kffl.com says that the Raiders are the favorite

TacklingDummy
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
You really think that Warner signing an extension is gonna stop Arizona from going after Culpepper? They'll make Warner's ass sit on the bench and watch Dante work. IF he struggles or gets hurt again its Kurt's time. I dont care nor does Cards management whether or not Warner really likes it.

Warner had a good year last year. Why bring in someone new at QB when QB wasn't their problem? And not to mention a injuried QB whos sucked without Randy Moss so far.

feelthepain
03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't want him if we have to give something up to get him and since Minn. wants to trade him, I have no interest. Why give up a pick for a QB when we can get one without giving up a pick?? Let Oakland or whomever have him.

RedEyE
03-09-2006, 08:03 PM
I can't imagine that the Dolphins would be stupid enough to trade for a QB that won't play in '06 and may never play again. The guy tore all 3 major ligaments in his knee this past October. Factor in his age and Daunte isn't going to be on the field in quite some time. The Dolphins want to win now.

Arizona seems like a likely choice because of the ex-coach factor.

The Raiders also love spending money on crap...but Moss and Culpepper again? Moss already blurted to the media that Kerry Collins was a better QB. I don't care who you are, that was a personal attack.

Tatonka
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
i would love to see miami get him rather than brees.

i cant see him going to oakland.. he basically chased moss out of minnesota.

warner's deal wasnt for that much cash.. i could see him being the stop gap while cpep gets healthy..

either way.. he doesnt scare me.

Nighthawk
03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I want Brees! :down: to Daunte

Got news for you Fin fans...if Daunte is traded and it's not the Dolphins, then they may have a tough time getting Brees. I think Brees then ends up in Minnesota because they have more money to spend.

lordofgun
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Got news for you Fin fans...if Daunte is traded and it's not the Dolphins, then they may have a tough time getting Brees. I think Brees then ends up in Minnesota because they have more money to spend.
That would be best case! Miami stuck with no QB again.

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Cullpepper will end up in OAK

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Cullpepper will end up in OAK Most likely

YardRat
03-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Out of those three, Arizona makes the most sense.

1. Dennis Green.
2. Miami cap room.
3. Bad blood between Moss and the pepper.

Kerr
03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
I think the fins covet Brees more than they do Culpepper. It seems like Brees is also interested in playing for the fins. It's likely Culpepper ends up in Oakland. Surely he and Moss can put aside whatever differences they had with each other in Minny. They both know they put up big stats together as a team. I don't think Moss has a problem with Culpepper in Oakland as long as they win. The cards could also end up with him surprisingly because of Denny Green. Somehow I don't think green would let the opportunity to have a younger ex pro bowl qb put up big numbers with boldin and fitzgerald. Unfortunately, Warner will have to be the backup once again after a "qb competition" in camp. It should be interested to watch as it unfolds.

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Supposivly Moss and dante made up. They both realized they needed each other. AZ needs a RB more then a QB Warner isn't a savior but he is good for maybe a season or two more.

Kerr
03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Supposivly Moss and dante made up. They both realized they needed each other. AZ needs a RB more then a QB Warner isn't a savior but he is good for maybe a season or two more.

That's correct, but with a questionable O-line and no running game, Culpepper adds scrambling ability that Warner can't if things break down.

BrunnyJ
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I just heard on ESPN Australia that deal was done Daunte to OAK, then next segment they said Ahhh sorry we got a bit excited it's not official. I still think that he will go to OAK. I hate to think of Brees going to Miami he could actually do something for them. Cold Chill

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 09:23 PM
That's correct, but with a questionable O-line and no running game, Culpepper adds scrambling ability that Warner can't if things break down.

Oh come on warner has blazing speed :snicker:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out i would not be surprised to see him OAK or AZ then brees up to MIN

Gunzlingr
03-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Don Banks at SI says Oakland by the end of the weekend.

Gunzlingr
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh come on warner has blazing speed :snicker:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out i would not be surprised to see him OAK or AZ then brees up to MIN

That would be a good move, but since MIN doesn't usually make smart moves they won't do it.

HAMMER
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM

Culpepper is not going to be playing much football this year, Arizona may be an option.

Kerr
03-10-2006, 12:00 PM
If Culpepper lands in Oak, he'll end up being the starter with Collins backing him up.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-10-2006, 12:19 PM
The best thing to come out of Culpepper's demand to be traded is that is makes it less likely that the Dolphins will get Brees.

We don't need Brees in Miami. We need Miami to go into next season with another washed up or inexperienced QB.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 12:32 PM
NFL Network said last night that a deal was done for him. The only thing that could stop the deal was if another team like OAKLAND STEPPED UP anaffered something more than was aleady on the table.

As far as the Cards signing Warner to an extension, this is good cause Cul won't play until late in the year or at all. This makes sense.

As far as the Fins goes if Cul ends up there all they need is someone who plays rock and roll music, cause they will have the SEX (Cul) DRUGS (Ricky) and the R&R (?)