PDA

View Full Version : From Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News

DraftBoy
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Bills | Team could target Pickett
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 06:02:53 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports the Buffalo Bills may target free agent DT Ryan Pickett (Rams). The Bills will have plenty of competition for Pickett, but the fact that Buffalo defensive line coach Bill Kollar coached Pickett in St. Louis could help the Bills if they decide to recruit him.

I know this has been reported before but this time its Wilson reporting it and he would probably have more Bills inside info then another reporter. Im very happy with this news. Bring in Pickett and Lewis and draft Huff!!

Marvelous
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM
:bf1: :bf1: :jam:

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I still have concerns about ralph and Marv. I have a bad feeling Marv is going 'bargain shopping' Even though we have a ton of cap room. He will do his 'wait it out thing'. The problem is, you lose in FA when you do that.

For all of those screaming 'See who is available June 1st' I have to say...no one worth a damn. Only NE has dropped a guy like Milloy that late in the game.

We will know in about 26 hours or so I guess.

camelcowboy
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
I still have concerns about ralph and Marv. I have a bad feeling Marv is going 'bargain shopping' Even though we have a ton of cap room. He will do his 'wait it out thing'. The problem is, you lose in FA when you do that.

For all of those screaming 'See who is available June 1st' I have to say...no one worth a damn. Only NE has dropped a guy like Milloy that late in the game.

We will know in about 26 hours or so I guess.

I have the opposite concern. I fear Marv will go after a bunch of over the hill vets, not build this team right. Pickett would be good though.

Turf
03-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Marv loves spending Ralph's money and Ralph doesn't mind it. I have confidence in his approach. He's always best after coming in from the bleachers.
Marv is going after linemen. How can anyone question that philosophy?

FlyingDutchman
03-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I have the opposite concern. I fear Marv will go after a bunch of over the hill vets, not build this team right. Pickett would be good though.

I hope we do bring in some vets. I hope theyre not over the hill like you say, but i believe our team lacks leadership and experience and i think that has shown in close games. I dont think ive seen a bills game winning drive in years or a cluth defensive stand in years. Our team is loaded with youth; especially on offense and IMO we could use some guys who are experienced and keep their witts about them during crucial parts of the game. This team doesnt know how to win and be confident. You need a confident swagger and that is usually brought by experience in big games. Somebody has to get these guys believing.