PDA

View Full Version : With FA about 26 hours away, Could this be our new

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Peters, Gandy, Mawae, Villarial, and Runyon? Sign Pickett at DT along with Archuletta for SS. Draft Bunkley for the other DT spot. Davin Joseph in round 2 to replace Villarial next year?

The_Philster
03-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Gandy was a colossal failure at LG in Chicago

Kerr
03-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Villariel stinks. He should be replaced.

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Gandy was a colossal failure at LG in Chicago

Understatement

mr nyjet
03-09-2006, 09:25 PM
maewae was the guy who led the mutuny in 2000 against al groh, after the jets started out 6-1. mangini, another tuna guy, does not want him on the team. other tuna guys like belli, crennel, coughlin, fox, etc. won't touch him. if you want him, better make sure he doesn't start whining to the press about the coach being too tough. after 5 years in camp marshmellow, with coach herm the preacher, you could be getting a clubhouse lawyer.

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Just throwing random ideas out there. Kinda like guessing what you're getting for christmas. I just hope it isn't lumps of Anderson....errr...Coal...

ICE74129
03-09-2006, 09:27 PM
maewae was the guy who led the mutuny in 2000 against al groh, after the jets started out 6-1. mangini, another tuna guy, does not want him on the team. other tuna guys like belli, crennel, coughlin, fox, etc. won't touch him. if you want him, better make sure he doesn't start whining to the press about the coach being too tough. after 5 years in camp marshmellow, with coach herm the preacher, you could be getting a clubhouse lawyer.

We already have one...Eric Moulds.

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Agreed no yardsaling this year go out and get quality guys

FlyingDutchman
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Id start Preston over Gandy at guard, I was very impressed with him last year.

mr nyjet
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
We already have one...Eric Moulds.

i thought moulds was leaving?:handball:

Tatonka
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
anything new is better.

as long as peters is on the line.. i dont care who else goes or stays really.

Tatonka
03-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Id start Preston over Gandy at guard, I was very impressed with him last year.

what part of preston sucking at guard last season were you impressed with?? i am baffled.

tat2dmike77
03-09-2006, 09:32 PM
what part of preston sucking at guard last season were you impressed with?? i am baffled.

His steller pass protection :idunno:

Michael82
03-09-2006, 09:48 PM
LT Jason Peters
LG Stephen Neal
C Kevin Mawae
RG Chris Villarrial
RT Mike Gandy

SABURZFAN
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Peters, Gandy, Mawae, Villarial, and Runyon? Sign Pickett at DT along with Archuletta for SS. Draft Bunkley for the other DT spot. Davin Joseph in round 2 to replace Villarial next year?

what are you smoking?

Bill Cody
03-09-2006, 10:18 PM
That would be ultra stupid. Draft OL. Don't sign senior citizens. By the time the Bills are ready to contend Mawae and Runyan will be useless.

Marvelous
03-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Villariel doesn't stink. He's not awesome but he is concrete when healthy. Up until this season i'm thinking he was pretty much injury free. He is the strogest man on the team. FYI..

Mr. Cynical
03-09-2006, 10:50 PM
If we don't have 4 new starters on this line, we will end up with another s**t year.

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Here's a stupid question--For the life of me I can't remember something like this, but can a FA transaction only happen M-F, or is it 7 days a week???

McClane
03-09-2006, 10:59 PM
LT Jon Runyan
LG Deuce Lutui
C Kevin Mawae
RG Chris Villarial
RT Jason Peters

Patch it up with 2 older FA's...

We're not going to get more than one 2006 starter from this Draft, and what we currently have (Gandy, Preston, etc.) is less than stellar...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Villariel stinks. He should be replaced.

I agree with you but NO WAY he's Jauron's guy he was with Jauron when he was coach of the Bears there's no way that Jauron will cut him.

Devin
03-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow I dont think you have near enough stuff in your sig.

Mahdi
03-09-2006, 11:08 PM
I like all your FAs and Draft picks except for Archuleta. What you get from Archuleta is the same as what Lawyer provided, an in the box safety who is a good tackler. For the cover 2 defense you need fast, rangy, athletic safeties, Archuleta does not fit that. So maybe Chris Hope instead. Or someone from the draft like Bullocks or Jason Allen.

T-Long
03-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Villarial was our best OL last year...I go to the same college he went to and I worked for the football team here for my major....ya rarely see him called for penalities and he's a decent OG...Villarial is NOT our problem...our problem was Mike Williams and Bennie Anderson

Spiderweb
03-10-2006, 12:30 AM
His steller pass protection :idunno:

Whew....I was beginning to think that maybe what I saw wasn't Preston .....

Preston flat out blew at Guard last year. He is in serious need or strength training and hopefully he'll be getting plenty of that this off season. I got tired of watching him get thrown to the ground when he was in there. Seems to have the attitude to suceed, now just needs to get his body up to the task. But, since he was a rookie last year, another look is warranted.

Spiderweb
03-10-2006, 12:31 AM
Whew....I was beginning to think that maybe what I saw wasn't Preston .....

Preston flat out blew at Guard last year. He is in serious need or strength training and hopefully he'll be getting plenty of that this off season. I got tired of watching him get thrown to the ground when he was in there. Seems to have the attitude to suceed, now just needs to get his body up to the task. But, since he was a rookie last year, another look is warranted.

Villerial's major problem last year was that he couldn't get healthy. Yet, even when he was healthy (2004), he never impressed me as anything more than passable.

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 02:23 AM
LT Jason Peters
LG Stephen Neal
C Kevin Mawae
RG Chris Villarrial
RT Mike Gandy
This is the most realistic suggestion but the goal is to win a SB and with this kind of money I would stick with with the best lineman available in this off-season as priority.

LT Mike Gandy
LG Steve Hutchinson
C Duke Preston
RG Chris Villarial
RT Jason Peters

Reasons:
1) The DL needs two top DTs to help Shobel and specially London Fletcher
2) The OL needs a pillar player to surround and why not the best player at his position in the entire NFL.
3) Hutchinson in real terms represents a leader who can establish the run, guarantee the left side, help the center and vastly improve pass protection at the same time.
4) Hutchinson by himself represents a good bye to the idea to move up on draft and increase the possibility to draft a powered 6-3, 253 Lee Evans at TE on Vernon Davis or to draft the next Ronnie Lott on Michael Huff without any trade or sacrifices.
5) Even Bills have the chance to draft the best ranked G on Max Jean-Gilles on 2nd round, Chris Villarrial only represents an injury prone risk who will be a FA next year.
6) Mike Degory and Ryan Cook are very viable posibilites at 3rd or 4th round to help Duke Preston on specific plays.

p.d. Please, people who don't trust on Duke Preston just read this:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/preston_raymond

The_Philster
03-10-2006, 04:53 AM
If we don't have 4 new starters on this line, we will end up with another s**t year.
a double-edged sword, then. 4 new starters will have a tough time developing chemistry

ddaryl
03-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Here's a stupid question--For the life of me I can't remember something like this, but can a FA transaction only happen M-F, or is it 7 days a week???

The store is open 24/7

X-Era
03-10-2006, 06:56 AM

Mawae- OK, age? injury from last year?
Runyan- OK, age?

Now, forget Gandy at LG, I like him as our replacement for Marcus Price; a LT or RT backup.

I like us getting either Charles Spencer or Davin Joseph in the 2nd, who could start at LG day one.

Now, if we could pull a major move and grab Hutch for LG, id love it.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 07:00 AM
a double-edged sword, then. 4 new starters will have a tough time developing chemistry

Agreed. I see two new guys tops. Mawae and Runyan being those two IF we get two.

Phil is 100% dead on with the Chemestry deal. Great lines have been together for awhile.

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I think it might very well be:

Peters, Preston, Mawae, Villarial, Gandy - and hopefully, they'll draft a top Guard in rd 2 to backup Preston/Villarial - Davin Joseph would be my top choice. In a few years, Preston can move to Center and Joseph could take his or Villarial's place.

By the way, for those criticizing Preston for his performance last year, he was a rookie, you know. I expect him to be better this year and stronger...

If Villarial steps up his play under his old boss, we might actually have a decent line!

EDS
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Agreed. I see two new guys tops. Mawae and Runyan being those two IF we get two.

Phil is 100% dead on with the Chemestry deal. Great lines have been together for awhile.

If that is true then why sign Mawae and Runyan? Both will likely retire in two years. I think signing one aging vet would be enough.

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2006, 08:05 AM

?...i thought he looked fine for a rookie

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Here is the thing, we are not rebuilding. Marv and Ralph won't wait for that. We are retooling tops. Ralph wants in the playoffs NOW, not in 3-4 years. This is why I would be shocked if we don't bring in as many vets to fill starting spots as possible. Whomever the #8 pick is in both the first and 2nd rounds are going to be looked at as starters.

Philagape
03-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Who cares that Preston was a rookie? We all know from the JP debates that first-year players will never ever get better :rolleyes:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey guys....just one thing to keep in mind.

There is NO WAY that the OLINE for 2006 (barring injury) does not include
Peters, Preston, and Villareal.

So we are talking two positions. Preston can slide to center or guard, so I would bet we get the best player available to us in FA, and Preston takes the other slot.
We will pick up a tackle. Depending on their abilities, we might want Peters to move to left tackle, but I think we would prefer to keep him on the right side.