PDA

View Full Version : when moulds is still on roster at MIDNIGHT

djjimkelly
03-10-2006, 02:37 AM
will foolish crap like pat morans front page article stop including moulds on a different team. or will the million get rid of moulds threads stop?

im just curious u guys act like 80+ grabs a year grow on trees.

and is he worth 5.5 mil this season that is only question people should EVER be questioning.

BUT PAST MIDNIGHT LET THIS CRAP STOP!!!!!!!!!!

tat2dmike77
03-10-2006, 02:45 AM
If he is here for 5.5 mill i have no problem with that.

But if he still wants his full 10 mill then i say he should go. I like EM i do but 10 mill is a little outragous.

I'm just concerned with how he will act if JP is indeed the starter will his attitude change toward JP or will it be a love hate thing.

The guy can still catch and make plays but he needs to have a decent relationship with his QB. I'm not saying they have to go out and have lunches and go window shopping together but they should atleast get along.

Who knows maybe with the new staff in place these questions have already been answered?

We will see in a few hours if he is still a bill or not.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Your right.. How foolishly crappy of me to forecast Ralph Wilson not paying a Number one A (or is it B in 2006) receiver a cap figure of $10.8 million.

HOw "foolish" of me to think that the money saved would be better off spent on a stud left tackle or guard.. I mean why would we want to do anything "foolish" and crappy like protect JP Losman.

How "Foolishly crappy" of me to think we drafted Lee Evans 13th overall in 2004 to become the go-to guy three years later. Forget him though he's "clearly" only a number two.. SO lets pay a 32-year old, 10 year veteran who chucked his young QB under the bus in favor of Holcomb on a 5-11 team for personal stats!

but hey, as long as you got plenty of weapons to throw too, I guess it doesnt matter who's protecting the QB.. Because Buffalo has a recent history of success offensively, yes?

Night Train
03-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Is there a deadline to cut him ? Does a roster bonus kick in sometime in March ?

Clump knows, I'm betting.

Mahdi
03-10-2006, 06:32 AM
The Bills can hold on to him past midnight. Moulds will be cut when they need more cap room to sign more FAs or when they sign a cheaper replacement. Fairchild Im sure has told them that they either need to keep Moulds or find someone who can contribute similarly, but for less than 10.8 mil.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 06:39 AM
From what I have heard they are trying to trade him. If not look for a June 1st cut to spread that cap hit over two years. But who knows.

I do know Moulds isn't worth the money he is making. He isn't worth the 7 mill we have to pay him this year.

X-Era
03-10-2006, 06:46 AM
will foolish crap like pat morans front page article stop including moulds on a different team. or will the million get rid of moulds threads stop?

and is he worth 5.5 mil this season that is only question people should EVER be questioning.

1) Pat Moran has more football knowledge in his pinky toe than most of us fans including me.

2) Moulds is no longer even our #1 WR, much less a pro-bowler

3) Moulds attitude went into the dumper except for his final game where he tried to mend the mess he created by acting like a great guy. I dont care what reasons there were, Sanders ALWAYS played for a crappy team and STILL is one of the best ever with little if any complaining. Moulds took about 20 steps back from being Jerry Rice and about 20 steps TOWARD being TO. We dont need attitudes on a 5 and 11 team, period.

4) Even if the cap was 450 mil, Moulds isnt worth his 10+ mil cap figure this year. Reports say that he basically wants ALL of it, will NOT take a pay cut, and is only willing to change salary to bonus money in the form of restructuring. That dont JIVE, the guy isnt worth that much money anymore.

Now, Moulds needs to take a pay cut or be cut. I have said for 6 months now that Moulds will be his own ticket out. Moulds wont take the pay cut, restructured or not, and the Bills should then cut him. He isnt worth the money plain and simple.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 07:23 AM
HOw "foolish" of me to think that the money saved would be better off spent on a stud left tackle or guard.. I mean why would we want to do anything "foolish" and crappy like protect JP Losman.

And what stud LT or G is out there that the Bills could get? Until the Bills need the money that cutting Moulds would save them. Moulds stays.

Maybe Losman was a bigger problem then the line. I mean after all the moblie Losman did get sacked 27 times behind that line while cement feet Holcomb only got sacked 17 times. And when Losman played, Willis averaged 30 yards less yards a game on the ground. And I won't even say how many less yards our passing game had.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 07:26 AM
And what stud LT or G is out there that the Bills could get? Until the Bills need the money that cutting Moulds would save them. Moulds stays.

Maybe Losman was a bigger problem then the line. I mean after all the moblie Losman did get sacked 26 times behind that line while cement feet Holcomb only got sacked 14 times. And when Losman played, Willis averaged 30 yards less yards a game on the ground. And I won't even say how many less yards our passing game had.

And for all of that Holcomb still went 3-4 and single handedly lost the Jets game. Yeah he was a vast improvement...:no:

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 07:48 AM
And for all of that Holcomb still went 3-4 and single handedly lost the Jets game. Yeah he was a vast improvement...:no:

Actually the Bills had the Jets game won until the special teams blew it.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 07:56 AM
Actually the Bills had the Jets game won until the special teams blew it. Holcomb 3-4 JP 2-7. Thats reality. Your boy lost the Jets game with his 5 turnovers.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 08:05 AM
MVP: Quarterback Kelly Holcomb. I'm not an advocate of Holcomb being the Bills' starting quarterback in the future but it's hard to ignore what he did this past season. In the eight games he started, the Bills went 4-4. It doesn't sound like much but it's a lot better than Losman's record of 1-7. Holcomb won the veterans over as he completed a solid 67.4 percent of his passes for 10 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and an above average QB rating of 85.6.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 08:08 AM
MVP: Quarterback Kelly Holcomb. I'm not an advocate of Holcomb being the Bills' starting quarterback in the future but it's hard to ignore what he did this past season. In the eight games he started, the Bills went 4-4. It doesn't sound like much but it's a lot better than Losman's record of 1-7. Holcomb won the veterans over as he completed a solid 67.4 percent of his passes for 10 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and an above average QB rating of 85.6.

3-4, 2-7.

mybills
03-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Your right.. How foolishly crappy of me to forecast Ralph Wilson not paying a Number one A (or is it B in 2006) receiver a cap figure of $10.8 million.

How "Foolishly crappy" of me to think we drafted Lee Evans 13th overall in 2004 to become the go-to guy three years later. Forget him though he's "clearly" only a number two.. SO lets pay a 32-year old, 10 year veteran who chucked his young QB under the bus in favor of Holcomb on a 5-11 team for personal stats!

but hey, as long as you got plenty of weapons to throw too, I guess it doesnt matter who's protecting the QB.. Because Buffalo has a recent history of success offensively, yes?
I'm pretty sure the only point he was trying to make, was this...u guys act like 80+ grabs a year grow on trees. I tend to agree with him, that every thread about Moulds has someone bashing his talent. :shakeno:

ArcticWildMan
03-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Care to enlighten us all with your own front page article then?

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the only point he was trying to make, was this...u guys act like 80+ grabs a year grow on trees. I tend to agree with him, that every thread about Moulds has someone bashing his talent. :shakeno:

MB here are some facts we are trying to get others to understand. For 7+ Mill (Moulds base pay + 1 mill roster bonus) we should have a C Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss (While with the Vikes), T Owens Type player. Moulds is now at best a good possession WR. His level of play doesn't = 7 Mill per. Steve Smith who demands QUADRUPLE coverage doesn't make as much as moulds. Neither does Santana Moss.

Moulds agent is doing what is best for moulds. Trying to convince the Bills he his still a top 10 talent and he isn't. They are not willing to take a paycut because Moulds wants to be cut and go to a playoff ready team NOW. No one here can blame him for that.

80+ catches per year? Sure on 3-7 yard patterns. That is what possession WR's do. Kelly holcomb and Drew bledsoe both forced balls to Moulds that shouldn't have been. Partially because of moulds attitude. That is another issue, he isn't worth the distraction.

7+ mill paid this year with a total of 11 mill in cap room...moulds isn't worth it. One of the things that bugs me is marv and most likely Ralph not standing firm on this. I would tell him, 30% cut in base pay, no 1 mill reporting bonus or else. If it is still no, I am on the phone to Seattle, Philly and maybe Carolina or a couple others and asking them if they want to deal for thier 2nd round pick. In return I let moulds agent talk to them about a new contract. (Note teams trading for him only take the base pay plus bonuses like reporting, workout etc. so 7 mill cap hit to them unless a deal is worked out before the trade is done). If that doesn't work out, I try to include him in a deal on draft day or cut him shortly thereafter. Maybe wait until June 1st. But I don't take him at his current cap number period.

tampabay25690
03-10-2006, 08:41 AM

Maybe the Bills are working on a trade ..

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2006, 09:18 AM

Maybe Losman was a bigger problem then the line. I mean after all the moblie Losman did get sacked 27 times behind that line while cement feet Holcomb only got sacked 17 times. And when Losman played, Willis averaged 30 yards less yards a game on the ground. And I won't even say how many less yards our passing game had.
Every comment you make has to some way tie in JP being a bust. You were the same way with RJ. You are relentless.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
First of all (and I"ll write more when I get the chance-heh)

I have NEVER questioned Eric Moulds' talent.. NEVER

Spiderweb
03-10-2006, 10:08 AM
If he is here for 5.5 mill i have no problem with that.

But if he still wants his full 10 mill then i say he should go. I like EM i do but 10 mill is a little outragous.

I'm just concerned with how he will act if JP is indeed the starter will his attitude change toward JP or will it be a love hate thing.

The guy can still catch and make plays but he needs to have a decent relationship with his QB. I'm not saying they have to go out and have lunches and go window shopping together but they should atleast get along.

Who knows maybe with the new staff in place these questions have already been answered?

We will see in a few hours if he is still a bill or not.

I concur, yet I must say that your Sig/pix is very much in poor taste. Ruins valid points you bring up.

djjimkelly
03-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Care to enlighten us all with your own front page article then?

not really i dont have time for it but i truly want to stop seeing such crazy specualtion deal with people who truly have no ties to a team as of today.

mybills
03-10-2006, 10:48 AM
First of all (and I"ll write more when I get the chance-heh)

I have NEVER questioned Eric Moulds' talent.. NEVER
I haven't read all of your posts, and I'm glad you aren't one of the people who have. I was just making an observation when you hit on everything but that part. :idunno:

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 10:50 AM
All writers at every level speculate.. It's what makes readers interract.
And I dont care who you are, when you're a writer or forecaster, you're wrong much more than you're right..
How many picks do you think Mel Kiper will nail on the head come first round on draft day? I'll bet the house more than half of them are wrong..
Speculation articles are designed to open discussion. That's exactly my "front page" piece did.
But thanks for the comments anyways

djjimkelly
03-11-2006, 01:32 AM
well the speculating is wrong as of now.

i feel like a pro moulds stalker but this is not a move to be made this year given new cap number and lack of real wr replacement