PDA

View Full Version : Big news from KFFL!

Patrick76777
03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Every single free agent for the next 20 years will be tied somehow to the Miami Dolphins! We don’t know how they can show interest in so many players seeing as how they have next to no cap room, but they’re interested anyhow.

Also, any player that may be traded will be tied to the Miami Dolphins.

Now we don’t have to report on it every single time.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Yeah no SH@!. Miami is interested in all 1600 or so players in the NFL...stay tuned...

Friggin Fish morons.

!Papacrunk!
03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
And some of you guys call some of us fans whiny, yeesh. We have cap room, and we also the potential for more depending if others restructure. I've even heard that the Redskins may make some FA movements. It's not like every player is going to get 50 million per year.

Samphin1
03-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't mind if you report on the fins and their news. :) Gives me a reason to stick around...

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 09:09 AM
WTF?? Why exactly is it a problem to be INTERESTED in players?? Doesn't mean we will sign them. Still need to get guys in and interview them and make offers to those you really want. I would rather that we are showing extreme interest in free agents instead of sitting on our hands and hoping they will call. Saban is a proactive guy...polar opposite of Wanny

The Quebecer
03-10-2006, 09:14 AM
The Dolphins need the publicity! The need to let the world know that they are active... it's call propaganda!

In a way, that's great 'cause if every NFL teams were as secretive as the Bills are, there woudn't be much news going around...
(Now, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that our beloved Bills are secretive...as a matter of fact, I don't want the rest of the world to know what our plans are...)

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 09:38 AM
That's just Saban playing with the minds of media. He loves keeping them on their toes guessing which way the fins are headed.

Remember how they were supposed to draft Braylon Edwards?

Mr B
03-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I think a lot of free agents want to visit Miami right now because it is 80 degrees and sunny.

Spiderweb
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
WTF?? Why exactly is it a problem to be INTERESTED in players?? Doesn't mean we will sign them. Still need to get guys in and interview them and make offers to those you really want. I would rather that we are showing extreme interest in free agents instead of sitting on our hands and hoping they will call. Saban is a proactive guy...polar opposite of Wanny

If I didn't dislike the Doplhins so much....

Yet, some of my best Bills memories over the years came at the expense of the Dolphins, especially during the Kelly-Marino era. As for Saban, I agree he's an upgrade over Wanny, but then darned near anyone with a pulse would be.

Lastly, don't hold too much stock in your finish in 2005. It may bode well, and it may just be a mirage. The 2004 Bills finished strong (until the Pitt game) and we all know how the Bills played in 2005. Guardedly optimistic would be the proper state of mind.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Every single free agent for the next 20 years will be tied somehow to the Miami Dolphins! We don’t know how they can show interest in so many players seeing as how they have next to no cap room, but they’re interested anyhow.

Also, any player that may be traded will be tied to the Miami Dolphins.

Now we don’t have to report on it every single time.

On the other hand you don't read or hear about anyone wanting or rumored to visit the Bills except Mawae, why do you think that is?? I understand your frustration!!

Patrick76777
03-10-2006, 12:38 PM
On the other hand you don't see anyone wanting or rumored to visit the Bills except Mawae, why do you think that is?? I understand your frustration!!

Just a joke my man!

I don’t waste my time with ultra nerdy team-to-team smack talk.

Nothing more pathetic then Internet nerds arguing about who’s team is better.

Devin
03-10-2006, 12:45 PM
He was just kidding around, seems like every report that comes up about a FA has them "talking" to the fins.

Chill out.

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
He was just kidding around, seems like every report that comes up about a FA has them "talking" to the fins.

Chill out.

someone's running out of prozac.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Just a joke my man!

I don’t waste my time with ultra nerdy team-to-team smack talk.

Nothing more pathetic then Internet nerds arguing about who’s team is better.

I hear ya, and I'm not offended or upset by what you wrote at all. I was pointing out a fact. I go on ESPN.com insider rumor mill and not one single FA is linked to the Bills....none!! With all the money the Bills seem to have and the coaching staff many here feel is a very good one and with all the wholes there are to fill in Buffalo, why aren't any of the FA rumored to be headed to Buffalo?? I mean it's not like Buffalo's financial situation or needs are a seceret!! I can take a guess as to why, but then again I think most know why, including Bill fans.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM

Chill out.

Other then last year, players are always rumored to be headed to Miami, it's nothing new for us. Warm weather, good team, south beach, no luxury tax!!! It's not hard to understand why players want to play in Miami.

Devin
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
:yawn:

Patrick76777
03-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I hear ya, and I'm not offended or upset by what you wrote at all. I was pointing out a fact. I go on ESPN.com insider rumor mill and not one single FA is linked to the Bills....none!! With all the money the Bills seem to have and the coaching staff many here feel is a very good one and with all the wholes there are to fill in Buffalo, why aren't any of the FA rumored to be headed to Buffalo?? I mean it's not like Buffalo's financial situation or needs are a seceret!! I can take a guess as to why, but then again I think most know why, including Bill fans.
FA’s go to teams for 2 main reasons, Cash and wins!

I don’t care if your team is in Siberia, if you offer a player some cash, they’ll come!

The second is wins! A few years back when our offense was clicking FA’s were coming in droves, Adams, Milloy, Spikes. You guys finished last year hot. You’re a buzz team.

Now on to the Rumor Mills, The only players being talked about were waived players. Teams are not allowed to talk about free agents yet. The mills are mostly filled with waived players and Culpepper and a few Brees rumors. There aren’t even that many.

Why is Miami mentioned in all of them. We’ll it is warm there and they did finish last season strong so it’s an attractive place this year. However, sites like KFFL will post anything in any paper. So if some guy in the Miami Herald says, The Dolphins could be interested in (insert every FA here) It gets picked up on KFFL and the rumors start.

The fact is, every team is under the same restraints under the cap. All of these players may be rumored to be going to Miami, but the fact remains that at the end of the day, they will only be able to sign a couple.

Will Buffalo have FA troubles this year? Maybe, having an unstable QB situation isn’t exactly the way to get FA’s in town, but having some 15 M in cap room allows a team like the Bills to throw some bills around.

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 02:07 PM
FORE!!!! Incoming!!!!!

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 02:12 PM
FA’s go to teams for 2 main reasons, Cash and wins!

I don’t care if your team is in Siberia, if you offer a player some cash, they’ll come!

What if a team, offers a little less money, but has a much better chance at being a contender?? Where do you think that player will go??

The second is wins! A few years back when our offense was clicking FA’s were coming in droves, Adams, Milloy, Spikes. You guys finished last year hot. You’re a buzz team.

Buzz team??? More like I said above...too many positives to pass up!! I would really like to know what other teams were interested in those three players you listed before they signed with the Bills.

Now on to the Rumor Mills, The only players being talked about were waived players. Teams are not allowed to talk about free agents yet. The mills are mostly filled with waived players and Culpepper and a few Brees rumors. There aren’t even that many.

Thats an ESPN site they can speculate all they want, and no one is speculating anyone going to the Bills.

Why is Miami mentioned in all of them. We’ll it is warm there and they did finish last season strong so it’s an attractive place this year. However, sites like KFFL will post anything in any paper. So if some guy in the Miami Herald says, The Dolphins could be interested in (insert every FA here) It gets picked up on KFFL and the rumors start.

Like I said other then last year Miami is always a hot spot for FA it's nothing new.

The fact is, every team is under the same restraints under the cap. All of these players may be rumored to be going to Miami, but the fact remains that at the end of the day, they will only be able to sign a couple.

With all the teams in the league having cap room to spare they will only be able to sign a few players, what's your point??

Will Buffalo have FA troubles this year? Maybe, having an unstable QB situation isn’t exactly the way to get FA’s in town, but having some 15 M in cap room allows a team like the Bills to throw some bills around.

With the rep your owner has of being cheap, I wouldn't count on it. Like I said if you could play in Miami under Saban for a less money or play in Buffalo under Juron for more money which do you honestly think a player would choose...remeber no luxury tax in south beach, so we could offer less money. But still save the player money the Bills can't, in other words the financial difference won't be that big unless you want to break the bank for a player...again, RW is liklely to do that is he??

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Do I lie ? :D

Hope everyone listened to my warning.

Patrick76777
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Do I lie ? :D

Hope everyone listened to my warning.

You know the funniest part? I was agreeing with him!

I basically said, Yes, Miami, especially this year is a hot spot for free agents.

Imagine if I told him he was wrong. What a meat head.

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Imagine if I told him he was wrong.He would either :wail: or :baby: or :blowup: or make up some lie.

I would rather he :hang:

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I would rather he :hang:

Do the world a favor,PLEASE!!!

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Great thread.

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Figured I might as well drop this into this thread: :up:

LB Arrington Visits Miami... (http://www.finheaven.com/news/3080/)
Posted on: 2006-03-10

[Sun-Sentinel (http://www.finheaven.com/links/outgoing.php?LID=140&URL=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-0310arrington,0,1661447.story?coll=sfla-sports-front)] Former Washington linebacker LaVar Arrington met Friday with the Dolphins, agent Carl Poston said.

"They had expressed an interest and Miami is a great place to live and play football," Poston said. "I think they need a linebacker, especially since they released Junior (Seau). That's all I know so far."

Arrington, 27, was a Pro Bowl selection from 2001 to 2003. At 6-3 and 255 pounds, Arrington would potentially be a nice fit at outside linebacker in the Dolphins' 3-4 defensive scheme.