• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Can ralph be anymore gloom and doom?

"We'll just do our best," Wilson said. "We've got such great fans in Western New York. This deal is not a good one for the league, and it's certainly not a good one for the small-market teams. It's not good for Buffalo. I ask the fans, the businesses and the media to continue their wonderful support, because this is going to be a tough deal for Buffalo over the years. It's not going to get any better."
    "We'll make it," Wilson said. "All we've got to do now is win a few games."

Wow. Well it is what it is. Either the WNY economics can support the Bills being here and ralph has enough money tucked away to pay the SB's for FA's/Draft picks (and hopefully keep our own FA's when it's time) or they don't. This day was coming folks. The price of doing NFL Business keeps going up and up.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can ralph be anymore gloom and doom?

Well if it happens it happens I am not going to get an ulcer over it. I will enjoy the bills and going to the games every year. Hopefully it will continue for a long time.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I can't undersatnd what he's whining about. I thought since the Bills were in the bottom percentile that they didn't have to shell out any money?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
        I can't undersatnd what he's whining about. I thought since the Bills were in the bottom percentile that they didn't have to shell out any money?
        Honestly I still don't think he understands the deal. I still get a feeling we won't spend anywhere near the 16 mill available and our FA's will all be 2nd tier / Bennie Anderson types that he expects the coaching staff to turn into all pros. I am big on systems, but they can only do so much.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

ralph has established himself as being very astute when it comes to things like this. i wouldnt be surprised at all if in a year or two more and more owners start acknowledging they made a mistake
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
            ralph has established himself as being very astute when it comes to things like this. i wouldnt be surprised at all if in a year or two more and more owners start acknowledging they made a mistake
            It's possible. Had this been the ralph of 1-15 years ago I agree, but this RW is really starting to slip mentally.

Comment

• Mr B
              • Sep 2002

Ralph may be old but he isn't stupid. The lack of respect shown for him because of his age is really a shame.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                ....formerly OhBF
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr B
                Ralph may be old but he isn't stupid. The lack of respect shown for him because of his age is really a shame.
                Whether he's slipping or not is a valid issue as it relates to the Bills. Age, unfortunately more often than not, does come into play. It's not nice, it's not politically correct, or fact any of us wish to deal with but old age does bring with it diminished capacities far more often than anyone here is willing to admit.

Yes, there are exceptions, but far less than those who are diminished by age so we can save the, "but my grandfather.....".

At this point though, so long as the Bills can maintain a reasonable positive cash flow, he'll still continue to make tremendous $$ with the rising value of the franchise. The Rozelle era is over. There is a new breed of owners, ones who don't have any idea what it was like for the earlier owners that worked hard to make the league a success. All the new owners know now is that the league is successful and they want to make $$$. As much as they can. Greed, it's the American way. We all play the game...
                Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OhBF
                  Whether he's slipping or not is a valid issue as it relates to the Bills. Age, unfortunately more often than not, does come into play. It's not nice, it's not politically correct, or fact any of us wish to deal with but old age does bring with it diminished capacities far more often than anyone here is willing to admit.

Yes, there are exceptions, but far less than those who are diminished by age so we can save the, "but my grandfather.....".

At this point though, so long as the Bills can maintain a reasonable positive cash flow, he'll still continue to make tremendous $$ with the rising value of the franchise. The Rozelle era is over. There is a new breed of owners, ones who don't have any idea what it was like for the earlier owners that worked hard to make the league a success. All the new owners know now is that the league is successful and they want to make $$$. As much as they can. Greed, it's the American way. We all play the game...
                  Age also brings a wealth of experience not to mention added perspective...

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

It does worry me a little that Ralph may be right and the gap between the halves and halve nots will become bigger and basically wean out the smaller revenue teams. How many teams have Asst. Coaches making more than the Jauron. I just don't understand why Ralph does not sell the naming rights to the team. It may not seem like a lot 1-2 million a season however after expenses that may give him a 5%-10% higher profit.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                      ....formerly OhBF
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Age also brings a wealth of experience not to mention added perspective...
                      Yes, along with wisdom, yet there does come a point that even these things begin to get lost. I'm not saying I like it, and I'm surely not hoping for it, but that's the reality. Ralph may be reaching the "wall".
                      Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                      own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X