PDA

View Full Version : My Moulds-related response to DJJImKelly

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I feel a need to respond to DJ's remarks in terms of my “foolishly crap” article........Forgive me if these comments are written a bit sloppily, I’m at work. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
* I have never questioned Eric Moulds' talent.. Outside of Andre Reed, he's the best WR to ever put on a Bills uniform.. I don’t even have to bother throwing out the numbers because everybody knows them. However, I disagree with your "80 catches per year WR's don’t go on trees." 80 catches per year isn't all that impressive, certainly not worthy of a $10.8 million cap figure. 80 catches for a Number one WR is the equivalent to 1,000 yards for a running back.. 80 catches per year is only 5 per game.<o:p></o:p>
Until now, I've never questioned Eric Moulds on a personal level. In fact, I've been one of his biggest fans. I can assure you through the years I’ve sported his #80 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Jersey</st1:place> at the Ralph and many a football parties... I'm also one of the very few who to this day STILL writes and gives him credit for returning to Buffalo in 2001 as a FA when he could have gotten more from Minnesota.<o:p></o:p>
Granted I did lose a lot of respect for Moulds last year... I could care less that he blew up at Mularkey during the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> game (well I could but, still)... Mularkey is a total dolt. While reports are he put on his headphones at halftime and shut it down (I don’t know if its true, and I don’t even care that much), that's not my problem.<o:p></o:p>
My problem is how he handled JP Losman... People close to the team, and even if you're not close to the team you can just tell that for lack of a better phrase. He basically threw JP under the bus after only four games.. For the first time, he put his own personal numbers head of the future interest of the football team...While he's not the only one who all but openly campaigned for Holcomb, he's counted as the most respected team leader and senior spokesperson. The Buffalo Bills were NOT good enough to be any kind of contenders last season, it was obvious after four games to everyone in the league and the team for that matter, with the exception of an idiot head coach, a selfish stat-hungry WR and a few other veterans. JP Losman should have started all 16 games and he should have played until his arm fell off. A full season would have been a more fair determination as to what kind of future the kid has.<o:p></o:p>
The bottom line is Eric Moulds is 32, been in the league for 10 years and his skills will start to decline, if they haven't begun to already. At $10.8 million, it’s simply a bad investment. If this was an 11-5 team with only a few holes contending for a Super Bowl with plenty of cap room, then I'd bring him back..<o:p></o:p>
The reality is, like it or not Bills fans. This is a 5-11 football team. Do I think they're as untalented as a 5-11 symbolizes? Absolutely not. But are they a playoff team with this roster? Again, absolutely not.<o:p></o:p>
Even with the cap increase, Eric Moulds is not worth $10.8 million. Lee Evans was drafted 13th overall just a few years ago for a reason; to become the number one receiver. <o:p></o:p>
For me personally, the highlight of 2005 took place in a four quarter span. During those KC and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City> games, JP hit Lee Evans for a touchdown.. FIVE TIMES. Four of them on the long ball. That's the future of this club. Not 6-yard hitch routes from Holcomb to Moulds.<o:p></o:p>
If Moulds would agree to a reasonable pay cut or restructuring I'd be all for bringing him back. Saving the club $2-3 million on the cap this year AND keeping him would be great. Moulds is refusing to let that happen.<o:p></o:p>
The Bills can't pass block and can't stop the run. Until the fix both they will never be truly competitive over 16 games. To me my cap money goes to both sides of the line before arguably a second wide receiver. I'm not saying WR isn't important; it is but it pales in comparison to another addition on the line.<o:p></o:p>
Finally, assuming Jauron comes to his senses before September and Losman is starting, I fear it won’t take long before Moulds indirectly suggests he's made the wrong move and starts campaigning for Holcomb again. What do you do when that happens again?<o:p></o:p>
Chemistry is everything on a team. If you need evidence check out a Buffalo Sabres game. Moulds is at the stage of career where it seems to play second fiddle. He showed it in the locker room and on the field last year, and by refusing any type of paycut at all, he's showing it again already.<o:p></o:p>
You can only scold a cat for peeing on the rug so many times. Sometimes you just need to change the liter box.<o:p></o:p>

mybills
03-10-2006, 10:54 AM
The JP part bother's me. JP wasn't ready and Moulds just stated the obvious. Then he welcomed him back when he was ready. I can't believe people really care about stuff like that. Bledsoe insulted JP more by saying he wouldn't back him up, than Moulds did by stating the obvious. Cripe, some people (not you) make him out to be another T.O. :cynic:

TedMock
03-10-2006, 11:12 AM
The JP part bother's me. JP wasn't ready and Moulds just stated the obvious. Then he welcomed him back when he was ready. I can't believe people really care about stuff like that. Bledsoe insulted JP more by saying he wouldn't back him up, than Moulds did by stating the obvious. Cripe, some people (not you) make him out to be another T.O. :cynic:

Moulds is definitely not as bad as T.O. I don't think Moulds welcomed JP back when he was ready. In the second Miami game when JP threw 3 TD's to Evans, Moulds was still complaining. We were up 21-0, how could he complain? Then we ended up changing the play-calling, and it completely bit us in the arse. Chambers got real hot for their offense, and we just kept giving the ball back to him with our play calling.

djjimkelly
03-10-2006, 11:32 AM
my whole argument on this topic is based on one simple thing

moulds cap = 10.5

however dead cap if hes released is approxiamately 5-5.5

so very simply put 10.5 - 5.5 =5

this is the number we should ALL relate too 5 milion

i of course realize he stays hes till under contract next year and MAYBE another decision is upon us for cut or keep.

and if he is released this year that 5.5 in dead money is our to spend as we please next year.

MY ISSUE IS this

do i think lee evans is a #1 wr today march 10th 2006 no i dont. is he peerless price no i dont. he is somewhere inbetween.

do i think we can sign a solid 1a or b which is what we would need next to evans. for 5 million this year.

NOT WITH THIS CROP OF FA'S

sure that 5 mil in savings can help shore up our lines and so on we have plenty of needs 2 DT's 2 O lineman and a SS

but as of today

GOD HELP THE BILLS if we roll out out evans parrish and aiken hell even if u add in a solid wr into that mix that doesnt cut it we dont even have a TE on roster that we know what we have as of today everett is an x factor we have no clue what he is.
of course i think O LINE is what will solve bills issues in the end but it would be pretty sad if we fixed our o line then had one real threat to throw ball too in evans

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 11:32 AM
moulds' is no where as bad as T.O. but even T.O. isn't worth no $10.8 million dollars against a salary cap.

And JP wasnt ready during that three game slide, and either were 50 other players on the Buffalo Bills roster.

I am not a Moulds-hater.. Far from it.. I just dont think you can pay anyone player who's last name isnt Brady, Urlacher or (Steve) Smith $10.8 million dollars when there are so many other holes to fill.

But that being said, I'm really starting to think they will keep him until at least June 1.. When the can spread the cap hit out a little bit. They've already eaten up a chunk of dead cap space by releasing Milloy and M. Williams....

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 11:34 AM
To answer your question.. Moulds isnt a $5 million dollar receiever on a team that needs LINE HELP first, second and third..

I'd rather get a little weaker at WR, bulk up that line.. pound Willis and another RB (a better backup via FA) at teams and mix up the pass.. Lee Evans hasnt had a CHANCE to show he's a #1 and never will with Moulds around.. Although Evans is CLEARLY a #1 when JP is on the field.

mybills
03-10-2006, 11:36 AM
parrish sucks. :chuckle:

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Moulds isn't worth the money nor the headache. This argument is well beyond old and stupid now. He threw JP under the bus, spit on a saints player, Pulled his own whiny ass out of the miami game because Evans had 3 TD's. Threw a fit bad enough to get suspended. And did I say, isn't worth is cap number?

Whatever is done with him will be done, it isn't within our power. but my opinion won't change, he should be gone.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
My problem is how he handled JP Losman... People close to the team, and even if you're not close to the team you can just tell that for lack of a better phrase. He basically threw JP under the bus after only four games.. For the first time, he put his own personal numbers head of the future interest of the football team...While he's not the only one who all but openly campaigned for Holcomb, he's counted as the most respected team leader and senior spokesperson. The Buffalo Bills were NOT good enough to be any kind of contenders last season, it was obvious after four games to everyone in the league and the team for that matter, with the exception of an idiot head coach, a selfish stat-hungry WR and a few other veterans. JP Losman should have started all 16 games and he should have played until his arm fell off. A full season would have been a more fair determination as to what kind of future the kid has.

Mould's did not put his own personal numbers ahead of the team. Moulds wanted to win as did every player on the team. And it was obvious after Losmans first 4 starts that a QB change was needed. Not just for the other 52 players on the team but for Losman himself.

Losman's confidence had to be as low as Mikey's confidence with a fist full of dollars at a whore house after posting back to back 75 yard passing games. A change at QB was needed and it was obvouis. The Bills had to save what little confidence Losman had left. And when Losman was put back in the lineup he did look improved. Granted it was going from diarrhea to a solid turd but it still was a improvement.

Your opinion on the Bills not being good enough last year is just a opinion and not a fact. I on the other hand believe (opinion) with better QB play the Bills could have won the Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa, NO, and Miami games. The Bills defense played fine in those games, they held Buffalo in but yet got nothing out of the QB position.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
To make one more point, DJ.

Yer going on a wrong number.. If Buffalo cuts MOulds on June 1st, they dont have $5.5 million going to dead cap space, they can spred it out over two years, not one (with the CBA in place)

So the difference between MOulds being here and not is not just $5 million now.. Its over $7 million.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Mould's did not put his own personal numbers ahead of the team. Moulds wanted to win as did every player on the team. And it was obvious after Losmans first 4 starts that a QB change was needed. Not just for the other 52 players on the team but for Losman himself.

Losman's confidence had to be as low as Mikey's confidence with a fist full of dollars at a whore house after posting back to back 75 yard passing games. A change at QB was needed and it was obvouis. The Bills had to save what little confidence Losman had left. And when Losman was put back in the lineup he did look improved. Granted it was going from diarrhea to a solid turd but it still was a improvement.

Your opinion on the Bills not being good enough last year is just a opinion and not a fact. I on the other hand believe (opinion) with better QB play the Bills could have won the Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa, NO, and Miami games. The Bills defense played fine in those games, they held Buffalo in but yet got nothing out of the QB position.

Facts are the Team sucked. Better QB play would not have won those games. FACTS are we couldn't get off of the field on defense, OL couldn't block etc. Facts are you are a JP hater and Holcomb lover and because of it you ignore fact.

Fact, Moulds is, has been and will always be about Eric Moulds and nothing more.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Tackling Dummy:
In all due respect my man. What games were you watching last year?

You write
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=929 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Your opinion on the Bills not being good enough last year is just a opinion and not a fact. I on the other hand believe (opinion) with better QB play the Bills could have won the Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa, NO, and Miami games. The Bills defense played fine in those games, they held Buffalo in but yet got nothing out of the QB posit
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Atlanta ran for WELL over 200 yards on us, and thats a modest number.. Jerry Gray had Buffalo blitzing every play and Vick absolutely picked us apart with his legs.. Warrick Dunn had a monster game.

Tampa Bay game.. Nobody played well.. The line forgot to block that game........ And to the best of my knowledge, Cadillac Williams has 100 or close to it yards.. in the first half.. If memory serves me correct, I remember him running over Milloy, Posey and Vincent like they were bumps in the road..
Miami game... JP threw 3 TD's in one quarter and then MULARKEY pulled the plug on the offense.. JP made a huge mistake with that INT, but we were still up big at the time.. Lets put that game on A) the horrible coaching B)The offensive distraction of Eric Moulds bailing on the team that game (this is the topic anyhow isnt it) and C) Miami's short passing picking our D apart.. Chris Chambers was Jerry Rice times 10 versus our secondary.. Another "brilliant" job of play calling by Gray.

New Orleans.. yes, JP did stink and if he played well we probably win.. Growing pains with a kid QB who played awful..

At the end of the day, we were 5-11 for a reason.. a lot of on the field and a lot off of it.. Horrible coaching on game day.. Donahoe's neglect of the o line, and him letting Pat williams walk.. TKO's injury... No pass rush.........WE can go on and on all day..

I love the Bills as much as anybody on this board.. But let's be real about it.. They were NOT a good football team last year.

And for the record (again) I am a fan of eric moulds.. But unless his cap figure this year comes down minimum of $3 million (paycut or restructure I dont care) he needs to get cut.... We have much too important other needs and younger skill players that need to grow.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Pat, Ignore the fool. Look at TD's neg rep, he is just here to piss off people.

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Better QB play would not have won those games.

Fact, Moulds is, has been and will always be about Eric Moulds and nothing more.both opinion, not fact.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
both opinion, not fact.

Both not only fact but proven. QB play doesn't stop the run which is something we couldn't do against Tampa, NO, nor Atlanta. I can go on but it isn't worth arguing. some love Moulds even if he ate babies, so it's moot point to argue.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Atlanta game Final score 24-16: Atlanta was missing almost their entire secondary and yet the Bills couldn't pass on them.

The score was 17-16 going into the 4th Qtr.

Losman 10-23, 75 Yards 0TDs 1INT. This game could have easily of been won.

TB 19-3: Score was 9-3 at halftime. Losman 12-28 for 113 yards. The Bills offense could not put any drives together to keep their defense off the field. Tampa had the ball for almost 39 minutes.

The Bills first 5 drives of the game were for 3,3,4,3,3 plays and punt. Another game that could of been won with a better QB.

NO 19-7: 13-7 at halftime, 13-7 going into the 4th QTr.

Losman 7of 15, 75 yards 0 TDs 1 INT. Again another game the Bills could have won if they got something out of the QB position.

Carolina 13-9: Losman throws a terrible interception on last drive of game. Bills easily could of won this game.

Miami 24-23. Losman has a great 1st QTR only to do nothing the final 3 QTRS. Throws a costly INT. on 1st down near Miami's endzone. After Losman's miracle 1st Qtr. he leads the Bills on drives of 4, 7, 3, 1 ,4, 11 (int) ,3 ,4, 8, 3 plays. That's why Buffalo lost the game. Football is about 4 Qtrs, not 1.

So in conclusion, I will stick by my opinion that Buffalo could of easily of had 5 more wins this year with a better QB.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Pat, Put TD on ingore he isnt' worth the time

TacklingDummy
03-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Pat, Put TD on ingore he isnt' worth the time

Ice why don't you just Fu-ck Off?

FACTs are FACTs. Bills won 4 games when Holcomb started and 1 game when Losman started. :)

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
and holcomb beat what good teams this year?

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Holcomb beat the Jets at home, and Miami at home (when they were horrible in first half of the year).. He did beat Cinci, I'll give him that.
Then he almost got his head knocked off in the first quarter against KC< sat out the rest of the game, JP came in and hit Lee EVans on a long TD pass.. TWICE... You're giving that win to Holcomb?
Get a clue man.

mybills
03-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Granted it was going from diarrhea to a solid turd but it still was a improvement.

:rofl:

mybills
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Washed up? Marv would have shown him the door a long time ago if he was.
On the decline? If your not getting the ball as much, it will look that way.
Too old? Tell that to Jerry Rice.
Too Cocky? He's tame, compared to T.O.
Too expensive? Even a 2 year old knows that. That's the only reason to *****.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
:couch: :refuse: :; :bighug:

Not going to get mybills mad at me again!

kgun12
03-10-2006, 01:47 PM
BTW :curtsey: (I just love this smile)

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't know how to make this any clearer...
I have NO problem with Eric Moulds being a Buffalo Bill in 2006.. He'd be as good or better than any receiever we'd pick up via FA or the draft.
I have a problem with Eric Moulds being a Buffalo Bill in 2006 with a $10.8 cap figure .. Plain and simple, he's NOT worth 10% of the entire team's salary cap..
Either take a pay cut.. Restructure your deal to lessen the cap blow for 2006, or CUT HIM..