PDA

View Full Version : Take Bryson off the Bills Backup RB Board

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
In a some-what surprising move, Shawn Bryson isn't going to free agency as he just signed a 3 year deal worth $4.5 million, including a $1.5 million signing bonus.

As a Bills guy, that stinks.. I think Bryson would have been a TREMENDOUS backup to Willis McGahee.. He's a good runner and has great third down hands.

Buffalo CLEARLY needs a better backup with the type of RB Willis is (and I dont care if he was tendered, Shaud Williams is not the answer).
Who would be a good fit for Buffalo in this role that's out there? Keep the salary realistic, Marv isn't dropping $2 million on a backup running back.
Discuss!

Gunzlingr
03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
What about Gates? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing?

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Shaud Williams is fine. I don't understand all the hate people have here for him. He's done what he's been asked - buffed up tremendously to help pick up blockers (something Willis still can't do) and is as elusive as ever - despite a crappy Oline. A better line should help Willis finally get some yards - but should also help Shaud get some too. I find it strange that with the crappy Oline that we have, people are still passing judgements on our RBs. If any position is one that can stand on its own (besides LB) it's RB. We have so many more holes to fill, the last thing we should be thinking about, it replacing our solid power back (McGahee), our scat back (Shaud) and our possible diamond in the rough (Gates). It would have been nice to have seen what Gates could do at the end of last year when the games didn't matter, but due to a crappy coach, we didn't get the opportunity. Gates will have an opportunity to show his stuff in TC and the preseason games. If he ends up moving to #2, I have no problem with that. But I have no problem with Shaud where he is either!!!

casdhf
03-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Wys will be crushed :(

Mahdi
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Najeh Davenport would be a good addition to this team. He also played with Willis at the U.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Bryson never did that much when we had him 4 years ago.

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 02:15 PM
What about Gates? I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing?
Me too. hmmmm..........

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Williams is good for a series or two..

Do you trust Williams to get the job done if Willis hurts a knee and is out 4-6 weeks?

guy
03-10-2006, 04:03 PM
2 words, lionel gates.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I like Gates.. But I like a proven RB better as a backup... SOmeone like Maurice Morris, Chester Taylor, etc..

especially the way Willis gets knicked around

G. Host
03-10-2006, 05:20 PM
According to some Lions fans I know Bryson has become much better last few years in terms of blocking and blitz pickup; amazing what good coaching can do.