PDA

View Full Version : If NO ends up signing Brees...

Kerr
03-10-2006, 12:33 PM
How do you think it would shape up the draft? The consensus is that he will end up in Minny or Mia., but Minnesota has no real attractive receiving core, at least the Saints have Joe Horn and Stallworth. Does Miami have the cap to sign Brees? Brees' success came with working with a veteran receiver such as McCardell, but now without McCardell, he'll have to settle for Horn, who's not a bad replacement. It should be interesting to see how Brees' activity unfolds in free agency becuase it would could really help us in the draft if he signed with the Saints.

Feedback.

Devin
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
There is a lot of buzz about that here, word is NO is going to make some obscene offer to get him here then look at either Hawk or Williams in the draft.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 01:18 PM
There is a lot of buzz about that here, word is NO is going to make some obscene offer to get him here then look at either Hawk or Williams in the draft.

Really? Very interesting. Seems some QB's might be dropping to the #8 spot.

tat2dmike77
03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Then miami will again be without a quality QB :lol:

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 01:24 PM
:mad: Tat2 you damn Michigan fan!

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Then miami will again be without a quality QB :lol:

:roflmao:

Devin
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Im no saints fan, but if that happens id have to think they might actually have done something right for once.

On offense they would need a TE and a C/OG, if they draft either Williams or Hawk (Hawk is the bigger need) they might be in good shape. They have a solid secondary currently. They will have other holes of course but this would be a great move for them.

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Then miami will again be without a quality QB :lol:As compared to which Bills quality QB?? Just have to ask because you guys laugh at the Fins for something which has been a weakness you you guys for as long as it has for us. Basically since Marino and Kelly hung the cleats up!

Devin
03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
DOUG FLUTIE RULES!!!!111

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Im no saints fan, but if that happens id have to think they might actually have done something right for once.

On offense they would need a TE and a C/OG, if they draft either Williams or Hawk (Hawk is the bigger need) they might be in good shape. They have a solid secondary currently. They will have other holes of course but this would be a great move for them.

I have to say if they pass on D'Brick they are nuts. Franchise LT. They let TWO Franchise tackles go and how fast did they go down hill. They said Roaf wasn't a top talent anymore. How many probowls for the Chiefs? He still anchors that line. Turley, he was a head case, but went to the rams and was outstanding.

If they are smart they don't make the same mistake twice. Now I can see them trying a FA LT like the kid from Atlanta that I think is a FA. But to me if they get brees, it's D'Brick over a LB anyday. But that is just me.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
How do you think it would shape up the draft? The consensus is that he will end up in Minny or Mia., but Minnesota has no real attractive receiving core, at least the Saints have Joe Horn and Stallworth. Does Miami have the cap to sign Brees? Brees' success came with working with a veteran receiver such as McCardell, but now without McCardell, he'll have to settle for Horn, who's not a bad replacement. It should be interesting to see how Brees' activity unfolds in free agency becuase it would could really help us in the draft if he signed with the Saints.

Feedback.

Why would the Saints sign Brees when they will have their choice at QB between Cutler, Lienart or Young in the draft???

tat2dmike77
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
As compared to which Bills quality QB?? Just have to ask because you guys laugh at the Fins for something which has been a weakness you you guys for as long as it has for us. Basically since Marino and Kelly hung the cleats up!

Your also forgetting about Rob Johnson

Wait nevermind.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Why would the Saints sign Brees when they will have their choice at QB between Cutler, Lienart or Young in the draft???

Simple, win now. Go with the established young guy that is just now starting to hit the prime of his career for the next 5 years instead of developing a guy.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Why would the Saints sign Brees when they will have their choice at QB between Cutler, Lienart or Young in the draft???Because history has shown that one of these guys is gonna be great, one is gonna suck, and one will be ok. Take the guy that has already done it in this leauge always!

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Brees will have a team before the draft.

Devin
03-10-2006, 03:05 PM
I have to say if they pass on D'Brick they are nuts. Franchise LT. They let TWO Franchise tackles go and how fast did they go down hill. They said Roaf wasn't a top talent anymore. How many probowls for the Chiefs? He still anchors that line. Turley, he was a head case, but went to the rams and was outstanding.

If they are smart they don't make the same mistake twice. Now I can see them trying a FA LT like the kid from Atlanta that I think is a FA. But to me if they get brees, it's D'Brick over a LB anyday. But that is just me.

Yeah I would TEND to agree, but given they drafted Jammal Brown in the 1st last year and have probably the worst LB's in all of football I dont know that they will pass on Hawk.

Devin
03-10-2006, 03:05 PM

Because Brees is entering his prime, is young, and is experienced. No devel. time needed.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah I would TEND to agree, but given they drafted Jammal Brown in the 1st last year and have probably the worst LB's in all of football I dont know that they will pass on Hawk.

Ah but! I watched every game Brown Played in College. I am not sure he is a LT. he did GREAT as a rookie at RT (Unlike some #4 pick we all know) But I could be wrong. Maybe they move him to LT.

I dont' take a LB with the #2 pick. I would take Williams in a heartbeat though.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Feedback.

if he signed with the Saints it would HURT the Bills.. because thats one less QB (we're not taking one first round) to make another player slide down.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
And I'm with Devlin.. If Brees was to sign with NO, there is NO DOUBT they take Brick #2

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Damn.. I cant wait to get an updated Mock next week when FA fills up some team's holes

Saratoga Slim
03-10-2006, 04:16 PM
If NO signs Brees, and Cutler, Leinart or Young is still available at #8 for some reason, there would probably be a number of teams willing to trade up for our pick. It might get interesting.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 04:20 PM
If NO signs Brees, and Cutler, Leinart or Young is still available at #8 for some reason, there would probably be a number of teams willing to trade up for our pick. It might get interesting.

Bingo!

Kerr
03-10-2006, 10:42 PM
And if they sign Brees, they will entertain offers to move out of the #2 spot. Would #2 be too high to draft Mario Williams?