PDA

View Full Version : If not Ngata, Bunkley or a FA veteran>

TigerJ
03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Ngata seems officially out of favor for most Bills fans, and they may not be in a position to draft Bunkley. If the don't address DT adequately in free agency, what other potential draftees interest you at DT.

Gabe Watson is big, pretty slow and has endurance issues. In short, he's similar to Ngata except not nearly as athletic.

Orien Harris appears in some mocks as a second round pick for the Bills. He did not run at the combine, and may have some maturity issues.

John McCargo has been mentioned some recently. He had so so combine numbers, and certainly benefitted at NC State by lining up beside Mario Williams and Manny Lawson.

Here are some other names of DTs who had good showings at the combine:
Barry Cofield - Northwestern 6'4" 304 1.68 in the 10 yard dash (brobably a better indicator for DT than the 40. (2nd-3rd round grade)

Dusty Dvoracek - Oklahoma 6'2.6" 306 1.75 (3rd round grade)

Kedric Golston - Georgia 6'4" 300 1.73 (also had the fastest 40 at 4.88) (4th-5th round grade)

Jonathon Lewis - Vir Tech 6'1" 309 1.68 (had sub 5 second 40)(3rd-4th round grade)

Rodrique Wright - Texas 6'5" 300 1.70 (2nd-3rd round grade)

Will one of these guys fill the need? Have you got someone else in mind. Here's your chance to promote him.

casdhf
03-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't care who we end up with, as long as there are 3 or 4 new guys brought in.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't know if we will, but I saw film on Bunkley on the NFL Network last night. WOW he seems to have it all. If we have a shot at either him and Ngata and we took Ngata I would be shocked, mad and sad.

To answer your question I think John McCargo and Watson have some upside, maybe 2nd round. The thing I see with Watson is ever since he met that kid dying and developed a relationship with the kid it seemed to make him aware that he was given this gift to play football and not to waste it. Ever since that he seems like a different player and more importantly a better person.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I have watched Dusty Dvoracek his entire college career. He isn't a numbers guy in the 40, shuttle blah blah blah. He is just a guy that shows up every day, and gives you 100% on every damn play. He is a Complete team type guy. He had some emotional/drinking problems in 04. He busted his ass, cleaned himself up and got back on the team. He was a great team leader for the OU Squad this year.

He is now exactly the type of guy marv and most Bills fans would love. And he will be a good DT to boot. Not a great one, but one of those guys that is much better than some of the clowns on this squad.