PDA

View Full Version : Madison signs with Giants

Marvelous
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Giants | Madison reaches four-year deal
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:57:33 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Giants have reached a deal on a four-year contract with free agent CB Sam Madison (Dolphins). The deal is worth $7.4 million and includes a $2 million signing bonus. He will have base salaries of $900,000 (2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). By gaining four or more interceptions in a year, he can receive $250,000 through incentives

Madison has declined over the years. Miami's secondary is looking awful.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Miami's secondary is looking awful.

Really??? Why??

Demon
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I thought free agency doesn't start til like midnight? wtf...

Marvelous
03-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Madison signed with ny because he was released by Miami. I wish they would fix that so nobody signs until gree agency starts etc.

Marvelous
03-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Really??? Why??
Who's on your secondary worth a d@mn? Lance Shulters isn't signed. Travis Daniels is very green. Howard was cut. Poole hasn't played at all. So is Tavaras Tillman gonna save the day?

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Well...so much for Nate being traded to the Giants - which is fine, given that we are not overpaying for him right now. If the tag would have cost us > $8 million, I'd have a problem with it...

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Good for them. He is a good player.

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 02:29 PM
What if a team, offers a little less money, but has a much better chance at being a contender?? Where do you think that player will go??

Giants | Madison reaches four-year deal
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:57:33 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Giants have reached a deal on a four-year contract with free agent CB Sam Madison (Dolphins). The deal is worth $7.4 million and includes a $2 million signing bonus. He will have base salaries of $900,000 (2006), $1.2 million (2007), $1.5 million (2008) and $1.8 million (2009). By gaining four or more interceptions in a year, he can receive $250,000 through incentives

Final answer

EricStratton
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Madison signed with ny because he was released by Miami. I wish they would fix that so nobody signs until gree agency starts etc.

Sam won't sign the paperwork until after the midnight deadline. No team can actually sign players until then but they can negotiate deals if they've been cut.

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Final answer
Ouch

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Final answer

Will you hang yourself already?? What the heck does that have to do with anything genius?? If Miami wanted Sam we wouldn't have released him. So as usual your only point remains on top of your head!!

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Will you hang yourself already?? What the heck does that have to do with anything genius?? If Miami wanted Sam we wouldn't have released him. So as usual your only point remains on top of your head!!

I said "FINAL ANSWER" :mad:

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Who's on your secondary worth a d@mn? Lance Shulters isn't signed. Travis Daniels is very green. Howard was cut. Poole hasn't played at all. So is Tavaras Tillman gonna save the day?

Wow, I guess you think thats a fair and unbias evaluation on the fins secondary. I disagree, Travis Daniels was a rookie and played great for for being a rookie he played for Saban at LSU and fit's our system very well. Will Poole is in his third deason and has a full season of play under his belt. When he was drafted by the fins he was considered the steal of the draft. Lannce Schulters is a smart hard hitting player that was a serious upgrade at his position for us. We need a saftey and corner, one FA and one DP and we will be solid afterall the secondary is Saban forte. Given the fact the DB is so deep in this years draft I'd say we land a very good player for our secondary...count on it.

Sportsuser101
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Madison is 1 of if not the most overrated player in the NFL. I am so glad the Bills didn't even look in his direction.

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I said "FINAL ANSWER" :mad:

Thats a question, not a statement moron!!

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Thats a question, not a statement moron!!"FINAL ANSWER ? "

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
"FINAL ANSWER ? "

Hung yourself yet??????

Marvelous
03-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow, I guess you think thats a fair and unbias evaluation on the fins secondary. I disagree, Travis Daniels was a rookie and played great for for being a rookie he played for Saban at LSU and fit's our system very well. Will Poole is in his third deason and has a full season of play under his belt. When he was drafted by the fins he was considered the steal of the draft. Lannce Schulters is a smart hard hitting player that was a serious upgrade at his position for us. We need a saftey and corner, one FA and one DP and we will be solid afterall the secondary is Saban forte. Given the fact the DB is so deep in this years draft I'd say we land a very good player for our secondary...count on it.

Will Poole has been on the team for two seasons and your still mentioning "steal of the draft" Time to evaluate based on his NFL time, not college.

Schulters is good, but he doesn't have a contract.

-Daniels is betetr then i credited him for when i said " very green" but he's not a #2 and he's a questionable #2 atm..

So who's the #1 CB, FS,SS, and maybe even #2 CB? YES Miami has a suspect secondary. ATleast ATM....

feelthepain
03-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Will Poole has been on the team for two seasons and your still mentioning "steal of the draft" Time to evaluate based on his NFL time, not college.

This will be Poole's third season one full season of play and one without. Steal of the draft based on his ability and where we drafted him. I didn't mkae that up it was reported by Mel Kiper and others after the draft.

If Saban lets him go it's because he will upgrade the position.

-Daniels is betetr then i credited him for when i said " very green" but he's not a #2 and he's a questionable #2 atm..

He is and played the role very well in his rookie season.

Travis Daniels:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 vAlign=top><TD>FUMBLES</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2><TD>2005</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>47.0</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>13</TD></TR><TR class=bg4><TD>TOTAL</TD><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>47.0</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>13
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TD is more then good enough to be # 2 and could move to Saftey if Saban brings in a FA corner.

So who's the #1 CB, FS,SS, and maybe even #2 CB? YES Miami has a suspect secondary. ATleast ATM....

Like I said we have more then enough time to add three players to our secondary and Saban will do just that. You opinion of Mami's secondary is because you don't have the respect for the talent,does that make them suspect?? No, ofcourse not. You also didn't mention Bell.

G. Host
03-10-2006, 05:23 PM

Some players have asked and gotten bonuses due days before FA in contract to take advantage of this loophole.

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Good luck Sammy boy!

justasportsfan
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM

:haha:

!Papacrunk!
03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
We do need help in our secondary. I hope we'll retain Schulters, but it looks like it will be rebuilt through the draft, and maybe a FA or 50, lol. I think Poole will be a great # 2 and I think Daniels will be good in the slot. Our secondary last year wasn't great at all, but I guess it's up to Saban to scheme with the line and linebackers to cover up the lack in the secondary until it's up to snuff over time. IMO QB and secondary are the two biggest postions to fill, even over o-line.

Billsrock4life
03-10-2006, 07:17 PM
damn the giants r lucky madison is 1 of the best CBs in the game

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 10:19 PM
FTP is so freakin' clueless it is unbelievable. He was fighting b'cse DT Brodrick Bunkley wasn't chosen as the Miami Dolphin pick in the zone's consensus mock draft...and yet most places have stated that the Fins need to work on the secondary (which is why I had them picking Tye Hill).

Well FTP, since you are so biased that you think anybody who disagrees with you is wrong, perhaps what other people say who are not Bills oriented will cause a change of heart. Apparently, all the knowledgeable folk below must be wrong - and you must be right. Yeah, your secondary is fine. Hey, do me a favor and convince Saban of that...

On Miami's needs:

nfldraftcoundown.com - 1) Quarterback Gus Frerotte is a great backup but a below-average starter. 2) Cornerback Nick Saban plans to continue his overhaul of the secondary. 3) Offensive Tackle Vernon Carey is playing out of position for them at left tackle.

These draft sites have Miami drafting (CB) Jimmy Williams in the 1st rd:
robscouting.com
draftace.com
draftdaddy.com
draftking.com

Condraft.com - Miami's team needs: 06 Team Needs: CB, OLB, ILB, RT, NT, QB, OG, DE. Their mock draft has them drafting Antonio Cromartie (CB) in the 1st rd

gbnreport.com - Tye Hill (CB) 1st rd pick

footballminds.com - Biggest needs: QB, DB, OLB

footballfuture.com - Defensive Back The Dolphins have missed Pat Surtain this season, and now it looks like Sam Madison will be cut this offseason to get rid of his contract, as he seems unwilling to restructure it. Reggie Howard has been horrible since they signed him from the Panthers, and they will likely cut him and his large contract to free up cap room. Travis Daniels has been impressive for a fourth round pick, but he isn't a great starting option, and although they do have Will Poole, a former fourth round pick out of USC, who was slated to start before getting injured and missing the season. He has talent, but he may be a bit of a risk. Shirdonya Mitchell is a Saban favorite who could be a starting candidate, but he is a big injury concern and is rather unproven. Options include likely Jets' cap cut Ty Law, Bills CB Nate Clements, and Will Allen of the Giants. They could also look to a deep CB draft in which they could draft someone like Antonio Cromartie (Florida St.) or Ashton Youboty (Ohio State) in Round 1 or 2, or wait and draft Alan Zemaitis (Penn State) or Demario Minter (Georgia) later on Day 1 or on early Day 2. They also have an issue at safety, and although Lance Schulters played well this season, he is due to be a free agent, and the Dolphins may choose to let him go if he asks for too much money. Even if he does stay, they will likely release disappointing safety Tebucky Jones to save about $4 million against the cap, which creates a hole at strong safety. Yeremiah Bell could fill the hole at free or strong safety, but has injury concerns and is a bit of a risk, while Travares Tillman seems to be no more than a good backup. They could attempt to sign free agents-to-be Tank Williams of the Titans or Marlon McCree of the Panthers. In the draft, there should be a lot of options, including South Carolina's Ko Simpson in round 1, or Greg Blue (Georgia), Roman Harper (Alabama), or Bernard Pollard (Purdue) in rounds 2-3. Other draft options include Pat Watkins (Florida St.) in rounds 3-4, and Charlie Peprah (Alabama), Marcus Demps (San Diego St.), and Marcus Hudson (NC State) later on Day 2.