PDA

View Full Version : This is what I would do if I were the Bills GM

kgun12
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Most of us agree that next year will be the retooling year. So I would at 12:01 have the agents for Hutchinson and Bentley on the phone, I would offer them both top dollar (don't have #'s cause I don't know what the going rate is for those 2 position). I would tell the agent I would like a shot at whatever they were offered so I could try to beat it! I would next go to the agents for Tripplett's and G. Jacksons an offer modest money with the chance to beat their best offer. I would do everything in my power to sign Hutch, Bentley, with Peters already their and a solid first day draft choice we have the makings of a great line for years to come. If we couldn't get Tripplett and or Jackson, I would try for Buckner. Between FA and the draft I think we could build a quailty OL/DL.

I know this would be hard to do, but if we are serious about getting better I would not be out bid for these guys. The price of these players position only go up, we have the cap room this year. ight now Clump has us at %16+ mil, and with Moulds departure any time now, I feel there is NO excuse why we can't a least get Hutch and Bentley. I have been saying it for awhile on this board, players will go to where the money is, and with 7 high round picks we can turn this team around quickl!

Well the money is here. Now get it gone Marv. You don't have any excuses!

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Hutch got tagged, we would have to give up a first or second round pick to get him and then pay him a nut. Not worth it.

hydro014
03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Hutch got tagged, we would have to give up a first or second round pick to get him and then pay him a nut. Not worth it.

he got tagged as a transitional player which means other teams can offer him more money but SEA has the right to match it. So he can't just take more money from a team and leave without SEA having a chance to match the offer. So if we offered him more money than SEA was willing to pay, we would not have to give up anything.

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 07:39 PM
he got tagged as a transitional player which means other teams can offer him more money but SEA has the right to match it. So he can't just take more money from a team and leave without SEA having a chance to match the offer. So if we offered him more money than SEA was willing to pay, we would not have to give up anything.
My fault. I thought he got the franchise.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Bentley and Hutch would take up the entire salary cap space we have alone.

Great though, but totally unrealistic

L.A. Playa
03-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I think realistically the Bills offseason could be something like this

DT Ryan Pickett, Bunkley (1)
WR Terrel Owens (incentive laden deal) or 3rd rd pick
G Lutuii (2nd)
C Mawae
T Runyan, Peters moves to LT
S Mc Cree or 3rd Rd pick

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 07:59 PM

G Lutuii (2nd)
C Mawae
S Mc Cree or 3rd Rd pick
Owens to Buffalo? hahaha

gr8slayer
03-10-2006, 08:00 PM
He thought McNabb sucked, just imagine what he would think of good ole noodle arm.

Michael82
03-10-2006, 08:18 PM

G Lutuii (2nd)
C Mawae
S Mc Cree or 3rd Rd pick
if u honestly think that Levy would sign a guy with Owen's character, I got a bridge to sell to you.

L.A. Playa
03-10-2006, 08:53 PM
if u honestly think that Levy would sign a guy with Owen's character, I got a bridge to sell to you.

Just a prediction not saying that it is what I want just a prediction

kgun12
03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Bentley and Hutch would take up the entire salary cap space we have alone.

Great though, but totally unrealistic

I think with the money we are going to have after Moulds gets cut and like I said on your thread about him and Clements let Nate walk if is going to count 7.2 mil against the cap if they don't work things out and I think there is more than enough money for my plan.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 09:16 PM
He thought McNabb sucked, just imagine what he would think of good ole noodle arm.

I hope you are talking about Holbomb here, cause JP has a very strong arm?

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 09:21 PM
I agree with kgun that Hutchinson should be our first priority on this FA. Guards are still "underpaid" and I would "overpay" for the best player at his position as we did with Takeo Spikes.

To be frank, if in real terms we only have money to upgrade two spots it should be LG and DT. By far, Hutchinson brings more presense and stability than Bentley and IMHO we can't lose this chance to make Hutchinson the key-player to surround this OL.

On the other side, this FA is loaded by talented DT and it seems that it'd be unnecessary to sign any of them for a long term.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Hutch is going nowhere!!! Why would he leave Seattle?

Holcomb does have a noodle arm.. That's funny

I'm thinking TO woudnt like him for very long.. But it would make for some excellent television.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I agree with kgun that Hutchinson should be our first priority on this FA. Guards are still "underpaid" and I would "overpay" for the best player at his position as we did with Takeo Spikes.

To be frank, if in real terms we only have money to upgrade two spots it should be LG and DT. By far, Hutchinson brings more presense and stability than Bentley and IMHO we can't lose this chance to make Hutchinson the key-player to surround this OL.

On the other side, this FA is loaded by talented DT and it seems that it'd be unnecessary to sign any of them for a long term.

Look at ALL the money we wasted on that unproven POS FAT MIKE right out of college. I would easily over pay for a proven young player than a unproven draftee any day of the week.

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Look at ALL the money we wasted on that unproven POS FAT MIKE right out of college. I would easily over pay for a proven young player than a unproven draftee any day of the week.Abolutely and totally agree.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Hutch is going nowhere!!! Why would he leave Seattle?

Holcomb does have a noodle arm.. That's funny

I'm thinking TO woudnt like him for very long.. But it would make for some excellent television.

For the money and BTW If they spread the contract out on these guys the cap hit would be smaller.

Holcomb does have a noodle on his right shoulder

And that would be the best reality show ever on TV.

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 10:45 PM

Did you see how much Hutchinson is getting paid in Seattle to be with a top team? > $6 million. If you want him to come to a team that is rebuilding (retooling or whatever you want to call it) you are going to have to offer him substantially more than that. NO WAY that's going to happen!!!

kgun12
03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Did you see how much Hutchinson is getting paid in Seattle to be with a top team? > $6 million. If you want him to come to a team that is rebuilding (retooling or whatever you want to call it) you are going to have to offer him substantially more than that. NO WAY that's going to happen!!!

Would you rather pay him or take a chance in the draft and pay him what we paid Fat Mike the bust? 10 mil for Mkie before we cut him 7 mil for Hutch? At least we know what were getting with Hutch!

mysticsoto
03-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Would you rather pay him or take a chance in the draft and pay him what we paid Fat Mike the bust? 10 mil for Mkie before we cut him 7 mil for Hutch? At least we know what were getting with Hutch!

Neither. We either get a Center like Bentley or even Mawae and let Preston play LG, or we draft a top OG in the 2nd round that won't cost us anywhere close to $10 million dollars...

kgun12
03-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Neither. We either get a Center like Bentley or even Mawae and let Preston play LG, or we draft a top OG in the 2nd round that won't cost us anywhere close to $10 million dollars...

I don't know that you can retool in 1 or 2 years throught the draft mys. I look at how we approached FA the last few years with reguards to our line and we tried to go cheap and look what it got us. I think to get better quick we have to bring in 1 or 2 Top tier guys in here. Our line is so bad that a rookie can't get better without quality all around him. Good players can hide the weakness of one player one good player just looks average with nothing but weak players around him. We have the money and maybe hutch is too expensive, but we better bring in more than one guy for this line. I would love Bentley and maybe a Runyan, backus and or Fontino.

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Neither. We either get a Center like Bentley or even Mawae and let Preston play LG, or we draft a top OG in the 2nd round that won't cost us anywhere close to $10 million dollars...The biggest problem is that Preston is a promising C who lacks the power to be a stud at LG.

IMO Bentley is really overrated if you compare him to Hutchinson and even Bills have the chance to land the top G available on the second round, something tells me that this is exactly the year that Chris Villarrial will show why Bears let him go: injuries.