PDA

View Full Version : 2 Players Currently Take up over 17% of Bills Cap

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Do you realize that at least at this moment, Eric Moulds and Nate Clements account for exactly $18 million of Buffalo's $102 cap figure. Nate Clements with the raise on Franchise prices went up to $7.2 and Moulds is at $10.8

That's over 17% of the cap for two players; a 32-year old 10-year veteran who's best days are behind him, and one of the NFL's biggest underachievers of 2005.

It doesn't take the intelligence of Marv Levy to realize that's a problem that needs to get fixed immediately. With a team that needs a MINIMUM of five new starters: OT, LG, Two DT's and a SS.... That is absurd and ridiculous.

Levy, Modrak, whomever.. Someone better sit down with Nate and see if they can get him a long-term deal to soften that cap hit... Or they need to trade him.

As for Moulds, I don't even need to get into it.. Make him take a cut, make him agree to resctructure for cap relief or cut him!

I been and still am very respectful of marv and Im continuing to give him the benefit of the doubt.. But c'mon man.. You gotta do something about this.

Buffalo has a fair amount of cap space in comparison to other teams.. But this is a 5-11 team with SO many holes to file.. Make some cuts and/or redone deals, get that cap number higher and go out there and make some things happen...

I'm becoming at least a tad concerned that it seems Buffalo is the only team in decent cap shape in the league where i havent heard a single player of significance even being discussed as a future Bill.

LtFinFan66
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
WOW!!!! That's nuts!

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Moulds will be gone tonight most likely

Turf
03-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I would trade Nate for a draft choice or whatever talent we can get and pour it into even more linemen than we're already going after. Linemen linemen linemen.

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Pat, please stay cool. It's just about time. According to some sources the FO is on its way to define Moulds and Clements financial situations.

ICE74129
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Pat, please stay cool. It's just about time. According to some sources the FO is on its way to define Moulds and Clements financial situations.

Hell that is easy, Moulds is over paid.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not saying dump Nate.. He's not a bum.. He's a good corner, a VERY good corner in the right defense.. But NOT at $7.2 million dollars baby... Im a little disheartened that we havent resctuctured a SINGLE contract as of now, FA starts in 2 hours!

I dunno, I just want Marv to make a statement along the lines of "our 2005 team sucked and we're not gonna have that again"

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 09:01 PM
I can't see any strong reason to hurry now but anyway I agree that the FO needs more persistence and determination if they really want to start bases for success.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I think that 7.2 mil is way to much for nate or any otehr CB on this team right now. I said it before they tagged him and I still say it. BTW they can lift the tag on Nate and let him walk still, can't they? If so I would say bye bye, if he doesn't do a cap friendly contract.

patmoran2006
03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
A corner is only as good as the pash rush in front of him..

If youre going to have Anderson/Edwards types starting up front.. Then Lester Hayes, Eric Allen, Rod Woodson.. nobody is going to effective.

vicmantak
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM

If youre going to have Anderson/Edwards types starting up front.. Then Lester Hayes, Eric Allen, Rod Woodson.. nobody is going to effective.LOL! but don't forget 15 years of non-CB presence until Winfield arrived.

kgun12
03-10-2006, 09:42 PM

If youre going to have Anderson/Edwards types starting up front.. Then Lester Hayes, Eric Allen, Rod Woodson.. nobody is going to effective.

I agree, this is why I would spend my money on the lines let Clements go if we can't work out a good contract and bring in a journeymen CB for a couple of years, a draft a CB this year to groom.