PDA

View Full Version : Was it Trottiers fault, or has Sather lost his touch

northernbillfan
01-31-2003, 05:26 AM
It seems to me that everything Glen Sather touches these days, turns sour. When he was here in Edmonton, he was good at first. I think the Wayne Gretzky deal really bothered him, and he hasn't quite recovered from that. Yeah, he won another Stanley Cup, but who wouldn't, with the talent he had left over.

He is too loyal to his coaching staff, hell Ted Green is still a coach for him, and he has softened up over the years. IMO, this is his last year as a GM. He may own a team later on, but I think it is time for Sather to step aside, and he knows that too.

Earthquake Enyart
01-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Boy Melrose sure seemed to be politicking for the job last nite on ESPN.

ticatfan
01-31-2003, 08:23 AM
It is the over paid , to old and big egos that is the problem with the rangers.

Rude American
01-31-2003, 11:00 AM
they have no chemistry.

Ð
01-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Sather's overrated. He rode that late 70's draft that included Gretzky, etc. for what it was worth. Everything since then has turned to **** for him, or in other words when he had to actually work for a living, he's not a good coach or GM.

northernbillfan
02-01-2003, 03:36 AM
You said it Big Doug. He had a major problem here in Edmonton with him, and he took that cancer to New York. Riding the easiest team in the league to coach, to victory is hardley a legacy.

Rude is right, there is no chemistry, AT ALL.

Far too many old egos on the team, eh ticat.

Sorry EE, we only get ESPN radio up here, not on regular cable Tee Vee yet. But Melrose is desperate for work.

His nick name Slats, comes from the fact, he always rode the pine when he played.