PDA

View Full Version : Brooks cut

kgun12
03-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Saints | Brooks won't be back
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:51:11 -0800

Les East, of the Advocate, reports New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis confirmed the long-anticipated departure of QB Aaron Brooks hours before the league's trading and free agent-signing period got off to a belated start thanks to the protracted negotiations on a new labor agreement. "We're going to move on," Loomis told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "That's what it comes down to and how we do that will be determined in the next few weeks." Loomis said it's unlikely the Saints will be able to trade Brooks.

lordofgun
03-11-2006, 12:38 AM
NO THANKS!

Devin
03-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Good, that guy sucked.

feelthepain
03-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Good, that guy sucked.

Hmmm, really????

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

What part sucked the most??? His 107 TD passes, 98 since (01), His 16,000+ passing yrds, His 28 games with 250 yrds passing, His 81.5 passer rating, his 16 games with 4th qtr. comebacks, his 4 strait seasons of 3500 passing yrds and 20 plus TD passes, His nearly 4000 yrd passing season in 04, His ability to stay healthy with 69 of 72 games played, his ability to run??? What sucked the most??

If you think those stats suck, you must be ready to put a gun in your mouth!!

Devin
03-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Dont argue...just dont.

I live here, numbers dont mean anything. Brooks is probably the worst decision making QB there is. Hes just dumb. Plain and simple. He makes bad decisions, and his attitude sucks.

"Setting club marks" in New Orleans is hardly anything to brag about.

feelthepain
03-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Dont argue...just dont.

I live here, numbers dont mean anything. Brooks is probably the worst decision making QB there is. Hes just dumb. Plain and simple. He makes bad decisions, and his attitude sucks.

"Setting club marks" in New Orleans is hardly anything to brag about.

You're right, those stats are like lucky charms...they just magically appear!!!

Devin
03-11-2006, 02:26 AM
lol :rolleyes:

Let me guess you want him thats why your defending him.

Devin
03-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Of all the traits a QB can have in the NFL, the most important is knowing how to survey the field and make good consistent decisions. Brooks has a ton of talent elsewhere, but he makes awful, awful decisions!

NO!

I'd rather stay w/ Gus if Brooks is the best we can do (and I know it won't be the best we can do!)

Least some fin fans get it.

Devin
03-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Holy crap lol.....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/archive/index.php/t-118215.html

I guess I was wrong, most all fin fans get it.

feelthepain
03-11-2006, 02:39 AM

No, I didn't say that, but I think it's a darn shame to slander a player with pro bowl stats and all because you're bias. He's better then any QB the Bills have and you have the nerve to trash him. Wow man, get a clue.
I don't care what team you play for in the NFL the stats he has are far better then Vicks, and everyones thinks he's the man. Yeah, most fans "get it".

Devin
03-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Im not bias, I am not a fan of the Saints. But living here I am subjected to his games. So unlike you I actually have watched the player we are speaking about......I didnt just copy and paste some crap from a stats site.

There are a lot of QB's better then what we have.....so what?

Im not a fan of Vick either, all I stated was the truth. Brooks is a horrible decision maker. NO put great players on offense all around him and he still couldnt lead them. Not to mention hes a horrible "lockerroom leader".

Maybe you were unaware of other intagibles a QB should have.

feelthepain
03-11-2006, 03:06 AM
Im not bias, I am not a fan of the Saints. But living here I am subjected to his games. So unlike you I actually have watched the player we are speaking about......I didnt just copy and paste some crap from a stats site.

There are a lot of QB's better then what we have.....so what?

Im not a fan of Vick either, all I stated was the truth. Brooks is a horrible decision maker. NO put great players on offense all around him and he still couldnt lead them. Not to mention hes a horrible "lockerroom leader".

Maybe you were unaware of other intagibles a QB should have.

In case you didn't notice, his stats aren't "my opinion"!! But everything you've written so far, is opinion. Thats fine, but facts are facts and opinions are opinions. In the real world no one gives a squat about your opinion they want facts, and the fact is his stats are some of the best in the league since 2001. You can dispute it all you want but his stats are fact and your opinion is well...your opinion. I'm sure he will have a job somewhere and if it's Miami he will be an upgrade to what we have at the moment, plus he has no injuries to overcome or a big contract # and it won't take any DP to get him. BTW, you don't put together a string of seasons like he has if you don't have the respect from your peers in the NFL.

jmb1099
03-11-2006, 05:34 AM

Yup. He's hoping that Brooks will be a fin, he just doesn't want to come out and say it yet because he has little or no fin fan support. The numbers look good, but as you have already pointed out numbers aren't everything. Maybe his chemistry will be better somewhere else, but bad decision makers usually stay bad decision makers, its an instinct thing.

kgun12
03-11-2006, 05:38 AM
N.O. got rid of him, that must tell you something. If he were that good way would the Saints get rid of a player that set so many records for them.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-11-2006, 05:53 AM
It is hard to believe anyone would want Brooks as their starter. Any time you hear him mentioned, it is becasue he threw the killer int or did something that ended up being bad for his team.

I would not want him in Buffalo, but he would make a good backup or change of pace guy somewhere.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
If fin fans want him so bad, they can have him. Sign him. Please!

If there's one thing we've learned from the Dreadsoe debacle, it's that quantity is worth a lot less than quality. I don't care how many yards or completions he's gotten. He's erratic and turnover-prone, and the Saints have sucked almost his entire time there.

The_Philster
03-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Stats are for those who don't understand what they are watching

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 09:15 AM
FPT would rather have him over gus?

ajsdx
03-11-2006, 09:37 AM
woooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's sign his ass! the bills need to corner the market on qbs who are most likely to but their helmet on backwards before the play.

Night Train
03-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Brooks is probably the worst decision making QB there is. Hes just dumb. Plain and simple. He makes bad decisions, and his attitude sucks.

Couldn't agree more. He'd be perfect for the Dolphins. :D

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Screw that friggin clown. He is now a backup to someone tops in this league.

Devin
03-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Apparently all this was to hard for FTD to get.

Id love for him to give his little "espn stats speech" to any saints fan.