PDA

View Full Version : Bills contact David Givens

Italian Stallion
03-11-2006, 08:21 AM
In this mornings Boston Herald:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=130003

Hey, they may not sign him, but they're contacting other recievers....What does this mean for Moulds?

Also...KFFL reports it as well

Bills | Team speaks to Blank about Givens
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 06:16:25 -0800

Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports the Buffalo Bills have spoken with agent Brad Blank about free agent WR David Givens (Patriots), but a visit has yet to be arranged.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 08:29 AM
1) It means we can't afford him. Cleveland who is #2 or # 3 in available cap room said no thanks, he wanted too much money. 2) It means what we have known for some while, Moulds is gone. They will sign another WR and cut his ass

DMBcrew36
03-11-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm glad they atleast contacted him.

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Ice , have you slept yet? How many red bulls have you had?

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Ice , have you slept yet? How many red bulls have you had?

Actually I just got my cup of coffee :xmas: I slept fine. I knew Marv and co wouldn't have anyone in.

There is a harsh reality that is going to sink in for ralph wilson. Thanks to sucking for 6 years, Then hiring Marv (Percieved as too old), Ralphs age is showing, Then MM quit after being retained, then Marv voting against the CBA....it is an uphill battle for us to get any FA's, even the good ones.

Many teams have money so just throwing money at someone wont' do it anymore. Ralph said he isn't willing to throw money around so get ready for more 'Bennie Anderson' Types and the draft.

Ralph is going to have hell trying to turn this franchise around.

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Actually I just got my cup of coffee :xmas: I slept fine. I knew Marv and co wouldn't have anyone in.

There is a harsh reality that is going to sink in for ralph wilson. Thanks to sucking for 6 years, Then hiring Marv (Percieved as too old), Ralphs age is showing, Then MM quit after being retained, then Marv voting against the CBA....it is an uphill battle for us to get any FA's, even the good ones.

Many teams have money so just throwing money at someone wont' do it anymore. Ralph said he isn't willing to throw money around so get ready for more 'Bennie Anderson' Types and the draft.

Ralph is going to have hell trying to turn this franchise around.

Both Marv's and Ralphy's nurses came in late today which is why nothing has been done yet. Don't worry , things will start moving once they've been given their prune juice and their depends are changed :up:

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Both Marv's and Ralphy's nurses came in late today which is why nothing has been done yet. Don't worry , things will start moving once they've been given their prune juice and their depends are changed :up:

And you said no one would pay for naming rights! Metamucil Stadium baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 08:54 AM
And you said no one would pay for naming rights! Metamucil Stadium baby! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Haha! OR Depend Stadium. YOu can DEPEND on us to stuff the run . We'll cover all the holes !!!!

Philagape
03-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Givens would be a great complement to Evans, plus he brings SB experience, he'll be only 26 this year, and he doesn't have the leverage to command an outrageous salary.

gr8slayer
03-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Didnt the Browns sign Givens last night?

T-Long
03-11-2006, 09:15 AM

I was just gonna say that too...I saw it on KFFL that they signed him

T-Long
03-11-2006, 09:16 AM
John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports earlier reports of the Cleveland Browns signing free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) were false. Givens' agent, Brad Blank, believes someone hacked into the Browns' computer and posted the report.

jpdex12
03-11-2006, 09:17 AM

No they didn't.

Michael82
03-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Come on Buffalo, that would be huge! Nice young, big receiver...solid choice to complement Lee Evans. :drool:

Cut Eric Moulds because he won't take a paycut and then use that money to sign Givens. :dance:

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
YOu can DEPEND on us to stuff the runs.

:puke:

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Givens would be a great complement to Evans, plus he brings SB experience, he'll be only 26 this year, and he doesn't have the leverage to command an outrageous salary.

Being one of the few good receivers in a weak WR crop gives him better leverage. Besides, are you suggesting that agents don't make outrageous contract demands? :;

Philagape
03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Being one of the few good receivers in a weak WR crop gives him better leverage. Besides, are you suggesting that agents don't make outrageous contract demands? :;

I'm just saying, he may lessen his demands if he finds himself still unemployed after several visits. He's a good receiver, but he's never had No. 1 stats.

Samphin1
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
The Browns signing was apparently false. In fact, the last I heard, he was on a 7 A.M. flight to Miami. However, who knows right now. I also have heard that Saban and Mueller flew to Alabama to meet with Brees before he got to New Orleans.

EM Bills Fan 80
03-11-2006, 12:46 PM
1) It means we can't afford him. Cleveland who is #2 or # 3 in available cap room said no thanks, he wanted too much money. 2) It means what we have known for some while, Moulds is gone. They will sign another WR and cut his ass

Really? From the News this week:

Even if the Bills keep Moulds, they are expected to look for more help at wide receiver. The group includes New England's David Givens, Pittsburgh's Antwaan Randle-El, St. Louis' Isaac Bruce, Seattle's Joe Jurevicius and Cleveland's Antonio Bryant.

patmoran2006
03-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Just read on NFL.com that Givens is visiting Miami and Houston this weekend

Tatonka
03-11-2006, 02:26 PM
i really wouldnt get that excited over a FA wr.. any of them, honestly..

think about it.. how many times do FA wrs actually have any impact? rarely.. especially when they are one of the top two guys..

jurevicius was an exception.. and he was actually a third guy.. koren robinson was hardly a factor in the passing game except for a few plays.. hell, even moss was underwhelming in a new location, regardless of injuries.. cedrick wilson was lucky to be along for the ride to get a super bowl ring.. he was worthless all year.. there are tons of examples of guys that looked like they were going to move to a different team and be sweet, and you just didnt hear from them anymore.

TO is one of the few guys that i know would come in and be huge.. but we wont sign him.. other than that.. dont expect a new wr to come in and do much of anything..

honestly.. i wouldnt expect any wr to be much more successful than josh reed if he suck around.. and that is not to say reed is sweet.. just that FA wrs always underwhelm.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 02:50 PM
We're not gonna get a star, but I'm thinking for a No. 2 in case Moulds leaves. Givens is perfect for that role

Tatonka
03-11-2006, 02:59 PM
but my point it.. even the number 2 guys underwhelm..

givens SEEMS perfect.. but wrs never come in and kick ass for their new team.. never. (expect for the RARE exception)

EDS
03-11-2006, 05:08 PM
but my point it.. even the number 2 guys underwhelm..

givens SEEMS perfect.. but wrs never come in and kick ass for their new team.. never. (expect for the RARE exception)

I don't agree with that statement. There are plenty of examples of free agent wide receivers coming in and helping teams. Last season alone you have Jurevicious, Derrick Mason in Baltimore and Plexico Burress with the Giants.

In the past few years you have had guys come in like Terrell Owens, Brandon Stokely, Kenan McCardell, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, Eddie Kennison, etc. that have all helped teams.