PDA

View Full Version : The Culpepper price

L.A. Playa
03-11-2006, 09:00 AM
The draft picks are for 2007. If you trade for the guy, and he never plays, the compensation is zero," Pat Kirwan, a senior analyst for NFL.com, has stated. Thus, a team only has to forfeit pick(s) if Culpepper performs. Mar. 11 - 9:22 am et

If you can afford the cap # looks like a good deal for some team

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:03 AM
The draft picks are for 2007. If you trade for the guy, and he never plays, the compensation is zero," Pat Kirwan, a senior analyst for NFL.com, has stated. Thus, a team only has to forfeit pick(s) if Culpepper performs. Mar. 11 - 9:22 am et

If you can afford the cap # looks like a good deal for some team

I read Oakland dropped out of the running because the Vikes were demanding a 2nd round pick THIS year. I wish these assclowns would get their reporting sh@! together

DraftBoy
03-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Damn for that price, Id take it into consideration, not every day a Pro Bowl QB comes for draft picks next year.

Historian
03-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I never liked him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
He really tore up his knee... may be a couple years before he is ready to play up to his past ability?

Seems a real gamble to have him on the roster taking up space if he cant guarantee his ability to come back from the injury.

I am wondering why any team would take the risk considering his marginal performance with out Randy Moss.

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 11:19 AM
He really tore up his knee... may be a couple years before he is ready to play up to his past ability?

Seems a real gamble to have him on the roster taking up space if he cant guarantee his ability to come back from the injury.

I am wondering why any team would take the risk considering his marginal performance with out Randy Moss.

QBs don't necessarily have to be as mobile as others to come back from that injury earlier than say a WR or RB. I think you also have to remember that he didn't have much to throw to last year after they traded Moss. Burelson got hurt early and their top two were Marcus Robinson and I think Travis.

Good WRs can make decent QBs look good and vice versa. I don't think he is all world, but I think he is still pretty good.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-11-2006, 11:39 AM
QBs don't necessarily have to be as mobile as others to come back from that injury earlier than say a WR or RB. I think you also have to remember that he didn't have much to throw to last year after they traded Moss. Burelson got hurt early and their top two were Marcus Robinson and I think Travis.

Good WRs can make decent QBs look good and vice versa. I don't think he is all world, but I think he is still pretty good.

wasnt mobility a big part of culpeppers game? I honestly did not see him play much, but when ever i saw highlights, he was either chucking the rock 8 miles to Moss or running over people.

He is one large guy... too bad his knee blew up... if not then anyone would take him.... but without the injury, would Min. even consider getting rid of him?

!Papacrunk!
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM

2004. Stats wise Culpeppers best year was Randy Moss's worst year. Moss finished w/ his lowest in receptions, yards and at that time 2nd lowest in TDs. That same year Culpepper had his best in completion percentage, yards, TDs, and QB rating, the same year that Culpepper was overshadowed by the record breaking year that Manning had.

I hope we land him or Brees. Brees is scheduled a trip for Sunday to meet with the Dolphins, but Saban and Randy Mueller took the 'ol private jet to Birmingham to meet with Brees before he made his trip to the Saints today. I'm not sure what will come about with that, but I do like the aggressive nature to get something done.

FROM KFFL:

Dolphins | Saban and Mueller meet with Brees
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:16:14 -0800
Alex Marvez (http://www.kffl.com/link/166), of the Sun-Sentinel (http://www.kffl.com/link/167), reports Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) and general manager Randy Mueller traveled to Birmingham, Ala. Saturday morning, March 11, to meet with free agent QB Drew Brees (http://www.kffl.com/player/1650/nfl) (Chargers), who was scheduled to travel Saturday to New Orleans to meet with the New Orleans Saints (http://www.kffl.com/team/25/nfl). It's believed Saban and Mueller were concerned that Brees might cancel a scheduled trip to Miami Sunday, March 12, and sign with New Orleans after meeting with Saints (http://www.kffl.com/team/25/nfl) officials.

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
wasnt mobility a big part of culpeppers game? I honestly did not see him play much, but when ever i saw highlights, he was either chucking the rock 8 miles to Moss or running over people.

He is one large guy... too bad his knee blew up... if not then anyone would take him.... but without the injury, would Min. even consider getting rid of him?

Mobility was a part, but QBs don't need the quick cuts and stops like RBs and WRs do. His mobility will be reduced which will hurt him but a QBs main thing is his arm and his head. Not sure how good his head has ever been regarding his game but his arm is fine.

Maybe if the Bills got Culpepper, Moulds might take a pay cut? :D

Dozerdog
03-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Damn for that price, Id take it into consideration, not every day a Pro Bowl QB comes for draft picks next year.Like Drew Bledsoe?

Tatonka
03-11-2006, 02:40 PM
the guy was a tird without the best wr in nfl history catching his passes or taking coverage away from the other wrs..

culpepper is not only overrated.. but he has turned into a headcase, since firing his agent, with all his gay ass emails to the media.. and he has legal issues because he helped gangbang some hookers on a sex cruise.. oh yeah.. and he blew out ALL of the ligaments in his knee..

other than that though.. he sounds awsome!!

i dont see his old coach denny great dying to get him.

Mitchy moo
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
the guy was a tird without the best wr in nfl history catching his passes or taking coverage away from the other wrs..

culpepper is not only overrated.. but he has turned into a headcase, since firing his agent, with all his gay ass emails to the media.. and he has legal issues because he helped gangbang some hookers on a sex cruise.. oh yeah.. and he blew out ALL of the ligaments in his knee..

Wouldn't anyone of us do this if we had a chance??

BTW: I am taking notes of everyone negging me and I'm going to get even. J.O.'s.

!Papacrunk!
03-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Look at my above post, I guess he must have been REALLY taking away coverage from other WRs. I am very afraid of his knee though. I'm thinking that Miami is making a push for the other injured QB in Brees, then if that falls through, they will then go to the other injured QB in Culpepper.