PDA

View Full Version : Bentley an Eaglet ?

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Eagles | Team ready to add Bentley
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 05:41:25 -0800

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to a deal with free agent OL LeCharles Bentley (Saints). A key member of another team, which also was interested in Bentley, said the Eagles had a deal in place with the center for close to a week, and waited through the several delays to the start of free agency. All the terms of Bentley's deal are not known, but according to the source he will earn a guaranteed $17.5 million over the first three years of the contract. More than half of that money will come in either a signing bonus, a roster bonus or a combination of both. The Eagles are expected to play Bentley at center.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

ryjam282
03-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Damn, I was hoping we could have made a run at him. He will be a great center for the next 10 years or so.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Damn, I was hoping we could have made a run at him. He will be a great center for the next 10 years or so.

Reality. Reality says you have to have an owner that is willing to pay that kind of money. Lurie is, Wilson isn't

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Reality. Reality says you have to have an owner that is willing to pay that kind of money. Lurie is, Wilson isn't
Can you blame Ralphy? He's saving up so he can take as much $ with him when he dies.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:54 AM
LMAO yeah he can take it with him...or at least one of the voices told him that.

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Tutankralphy Modern day Pharoah.

Saratoga Slim
03-11-2006, 10:06 AM
When I'm 90, what am I spending money on??? What the hell, Ralph, you've been in this league forever and never won it. buy yourself one last chance at a superbowl before you go. go out in style.

17M for three years for Bentley is a lot, but right around what most people were predicting. He must have wanted to go to philly, cause I'm sure he could have driven the price up if he held out and let some other teams get their offers in

John Doe
03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Please Ralph, throw all your money at the next free agent that becomes available and show us you care.

Historian
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Justa, your typo is cracking me up.

Originally, I looked at this thread and said to myself...WTH is an Eaglet?

:rofl:

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Justa, your typo is cracking me up.

Originally, I looked at this thread and said to myself...WTH is an Eaglet?

:rofl:
what typo?

I can see the master plan.

The Eagles would've been one of those supposedly interested in Moulds. Now they spent a lot of $$ on other needs. Pretty soon everyone will run out of $$$ and that's when the Bills will hand Moulds a lifesaver and push him overboard.

We don't cut Moulds til' we have a trade. When there isn't one we let all the teams use up their $$$ and then cut Moulds. He'll beg to come back for less :up:

:smoke:

justasportsfan
03-11-2006, 10:46 AM
SEE?

Eagles | Team likely to sign Garcia later this week
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:30:16 -0800

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are likely to sign free agent QB Jeff Garcia (Lions) later this week.

Eagles | Team might sign M. Anderson later this week
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:29:02 -0800

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports the Philadelphia Eagles might sign free agent RB Mike Anderson (Broncos) later this week. Anderson has interest from several teams and may weigh his offers. The Eagles might take that time to gauge the market for a dependable backup running back.

Now if we can get the Vikes to start spending all that cash.......

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 10:55 AM
What was the last superbowl winner to throw a ton of money around to sign a few big name free agents?

chernobylwraiths
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
A key member of another team, which also was interested in Bentley, said the Eagles had a deal in place with the center for close to a week, and waited through the several delays to the start of free agency.

Doesn't this sound like tampering? I wish would do something about the tampering or just get rid of the rule. Maybe have one week between the time a player becomes a free agent and when he can actually sign a contract. That way many teams get the chance to see the player and make up their offers.