X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Bills need improving, but don't be ....

suprised to see us pick up players more so by the draft. For some reason I just don't see us being too active in FA this year. Maybe a couple of decent players but no big names by FA.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: Bills need improving, but don't be ....

I agree there is a sound being heard at One Bills Drive, "cheap, cheap......cheap, cheap"

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
      I agree there is a sound being heard at One Bills Drive, "cheap, cheap......cheap, cheap"
      Glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this! It's interesting to look back at Marv's drafts in the past and see what he did via draft versus FA. We did get a couple of goor players via FA like Bennett and Talley though. They let players like Beebe and Bennett and Talley go as soon as they felt necessary too so don't hold your breath for Moulds!
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I'll say it again and stick by it, We need a new owner. I don't hear Cinci's Owner in the press *****ing. They will get what FA's they need, small market or not..

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
          I'll say it again and stick by it, We need a new owner. I don't hear Cinci's Owner in the press *****ing. They will get what FA's they need, small market or not..
          I read an article yesterday where Brown was *****ing, but he has been known as a cheap ass for years

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
            I read an article yesterday where Brown was *****ing, but he has been known as a cheap ass for years
            Yeah but ***** all he wants, where are they now? he has ponyed up the money when needed and they are about 3 players away from a possible superbowl and taking over their division.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Mike Brown says labor deal bad for Bengals
              March 9, 2006

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Bengals president Mike Brown, one of two NFL owners to vote against the new labor agreement, thinks the deal is bad for his small-market team.
              The Bengals and Buffalo Bills were the only teams to oppose the deal approved Wednesday. Buffalo's Ralph Wilson said owners weren't given enough time to understand the deal.
              ADVERTISEMENT
              27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

Brown agreed, but said Thursday that he voted against it for another reason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Bungles are a WINNING Team LA. Buffalo perinial losers and an embarrassment to boot. Brown didnt' rip it to shreads on day 2 like wilson did.

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                  Glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this!
                  Why does this thoght make you glad?

It's interesting to look back at Marv's drafts in the past and see what he did via draft versus FA. We did get a couple of goor players via FA like Bennett and Talley though. They let players like Beebe and Bennett and Talley go as soon as they felt necessary too so don't hold your breath for Moulds!
                  Marv was not the GM, Bennet was not a free agent.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this! It's interesting to look back at Marv's drafts in the past and see what he did via draft versus FA. We did get a couple of goor players via FA like Bennett and Talley though. They let players like Beebe and Bennett and Talley go as soon as they felt necessary too so don't hold your breath for Moulds!
                    Neither of them were gotten during FA Bennett was a trade with Indy and not sure how we got Talley, but I do know that he was here before FA started.
                    Retired Air Traffic Controller
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                      Neither of them were gotten during FA Bennett was a trade with Indy and not sure how we got Talley, but I do know that he was here before FA started.
                      and Marv admitted he was opposed to the Bennett trade which was a mistake on his part. Poilan gets credit for that.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

suprised to see us pick up players more so by the draft. For some reason I just don't see us being too active in FA this year. Maybe a couple of decent players but no big names by FA.
                        That may prove true. Everyone seems to have more cap space than ever before.

So it's 32 shoppers showing up to a store, anxious to buy something. The only problem being the quantity is short and the quality is good but not great. With the shortage, too many teams want the same item and will probably overpay. Hardly a given you'll walk away with anything of quality.

Maybe the clearance bin, after the front line items are gone.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Talley was a second round pick by the Bills.

Comment

• jumpmann
                            • Mar 2006

I am afraid that Marv is just a figure head and Ralp does not want to spend money - he is old and just like your grandfather watches every cent he spends. Buffalo will never compete for the Super Bowl again and I am afraid as long as Ralph is alive we will be stuck in Cheapskate hell. Dick Jauron was the cheap way out - Marv was the cheap way out - we will sign a couple of fa but nothing to speak of that would want any real money - I think we just have to face facts this next season is going to be a long season watching JP run for his life and Marv is going to tell his just be patient story - I am a lifelong season ticket holder but I really dont have a good feeling on this one. Ralph sold us out a long time ago when he dumped Polian and Ralph c(cheap) Wilson will live up to his name.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍