PDA

View Full Version : Offseason issues to address

Mr. Miyagi
01-31-2003, 08:40 AM
From CBS Sportsline.com:

"Atlanta Falcons

They have to find a way to get a deep threat outside for Michael Vick. That might mean diving deep into the Peerless Price sweepstakes. If they can add him, it will help open up things even more for Vick. If they don't want to overpay for Price, the draft is loaded with receivers. Vick needs help, help that will help keep him inside the pocket, where it's a lot safer.

Buffalo Bills
At some point, this team has to tire of playing games in the 30s. The offense will be able to handle losing Price, if it happens, because Josh Reed is ready to step in. But they have to upgrade that defense, especially in the front seven. This is a slow defense, particularly at linebacker. They have to find some way to put pressure on the quarterback.

Jacksonville Jaguars
Now that they have a new coach in Jack Del Rio and a new personnel guy in James Harris, they have to closely study the roster and decide what moves they should make. Will they keep Mark Brunell? Will they re-sign safety Donovin Darius? Will they get into the Peerless Price sweepstakes? A new regime has a lot of tough decisions to make.

Miami Dolphins
They have to find a way to figure out why they keep having late-season collapses. The Dolphins flat-out choked away a chance to win the AFC East in December. It's the same old story, too. Start fast, fade late. At some point, the mindset of this team has to be studied closely. They have to assess the way they do everything in order to stop the December swoons."

Full Story (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6158631)

WG
01-31-2003, 09:38 AM
Interesting since only 6 of 10 games were in the 30s, only 5 defensively.

justasportsfan
01-31-2003, 09:45 AM
we also need punt/kick returners, bigtime.

WG
01-31-2003, 09:53 AM
Good point.

Do ya think the Jets would trade us Chad Morton for Van Pelt?

:D

justasportsfan
01-31-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm sure they'd rather have Watson. Who wouldn't?

Mr. Miyagi
01-31-2003, 02:45 PM
Not the Broncos.

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 11:32 PM
You wanna kill 2 birds with one stone?? Get MarTay Jenkins. He's a speed burning WR that would make a great #3 and he returns kicks too. This makes both Price and Charlie Rogers expendable. Use the money to get the FA studs on D that the Bills need.

-Bill

WG
01-31-2003, 11:51 PM
Is he a FA?

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 11:56 PM
Yep. He's a FA from Arizona... He was placed on IR last season due to a broken shoulderblade, but that shouldn't bother his legs or hands any. I think every Cardinal WR is a FA this season. Lot of people seem to think Jenkins will be allowed to test the Free Agent market.

-Bill

venis2k1
02-01-2003, 12:18 AM
I have said it before, and ill say it again. Charlie Rogers WILL be our kick off returner next year. He broke all bills return records last year. Not to mention his TD return won us a game.(and if we finished 7-9 the Pats would have the 9th overall draft pick this year.)

WG
02-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Yeah, and so would we have for the following rounds.

What N.E. does w/ a difference of a few picks isn't even worth considering. Besides, it's all water under the bridge anyway.

venis2k1
02-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Your missing my Point Wys. All im sayin is that everyone seems to be coming down on Charlie Rogers, When i think that he is a good Return man.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-01-2003, 12:48 AM
I agree with Venis2k1 on this. Rogers set the record he will be back. He did break one. could have broken a couple more.