For all you people *****ing about the Browns jumping into FA and not the Bills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

For all you people *****ing about the Browns jumping into FA and not the Bills...

There's a huge difference between the two teams....(Numbers taken from ESPN's article)

Cleveland Browns - $27.1 million UNDER the cap
    Buffalo Bills - $14.1 million UNDER the cap

Now, I don't know if you realize this or not...but $13 million is a HUGE difference. Cleveland had tons of money to spend, thats why they went nuts. Buffalo needs to go into this slowly because they only have $14 million and big signings can eat up that money instantly. Like you said, they have a lot of needs. They need to stretch out that money as much as they can. Yes, they can free up more money by making some more cuts or restructuring/extending deals...but that is something you do only when you need the money.

With free agency nearing, find out how much each NFL team is over or under the salary cap.

Now everybody....
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: For all you people *****ing about the Browns jumping into FA and not the Bills...

Mikey.. I agree with you for the most part..
    I'm not saying LUNGE into FA and get after everybody..

However, Buffalo could EASILY be under $20 million with a few simple moves.. and even at $14 million there is A LOT they can do.

For example.. Carolina just signed Ma'ake Kemoeatu for five years and $27 million, yet his 2006 cap figure is going to be under 2.5 million.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Re: For all you people *****ing about the Browns jumping into FA and not the Bills...

Yes, they can free up more money by making some more cuts or restructuring/extending deals...but that is something you do only when you need the money.
      I'm not *****ing, and the fact that a lot of players' whose names have been bounced around are still out there (which could be a good sign for us), but let's face it....they need the money.

I'm sure we'll see some cuts and re-structuring, along with a couple of signings, eventually.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
      X