• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true

Marv is slow getting out of the gate. Cleveland has become a playoff team in virtually one day.

We just paid 10 mill for a TE? 2.5 mill SB? So we just signed a TE that has done nothing in his career to a 2 mill per year deal? WTF?

Tripplet and Davis are in town. Tripplet next to a first round DT is good IF Marv doesn't let the guy leave town and get away. Davis will replace moulds. (And BTW I read an article that says moulds people talked to marv and co and his fate will be decided no later than tuesday. Considering we are bringing in WR's to talk to....)

Going into today, we NEEDED two DT's, SS, LG And maybe Center. TE was something to be addressed later. WR if Moulds is to be cut (And it is looking more and more like it).

So right off the bat we sign a TE. Brilliant. I am trying to be About this, but I am on the verge of getting royal case of the Red ass. And that isn't a good thing...
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Re: Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true

I'm not a big fan of the Royal signing as well, but I actually like how the free agency period has progressed so far. We've talked to, brought in, or contacted a lot of players that the fans wanted.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• McBFLO
      • Mar 2003

A what case of red ass?
      Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I might be in the minority on this, and Ice my man, u know I been as cynical as you lately.. But I am actually very PRO- signing Andre Davis.. I think potentially he'd be a GREAT fit in Buffalo,.... I really do. I wouldnt be upset at all.

If we get Tripplet and Davis this weekend, I actually think its a decent start to FA.. if we end up with some career backup named BOB as our only weekend pickup, I may hang myself.

(and make some Zoners in here very happy)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Check this crap out....

Royal heads north: Tight end Robert Royal signed with the Buffalo Bills on Saturday.
          Royal, who spent the past four seasons with Washington, agreed to a reported five-year, $10 million contract that includes a $2.5 million bonus. The move came shortly after he visited the team at its Orchard Park headquarters.
          The Bills need a veteran tight end after releasing three-year starter Mark Campbell on March 1.

Royal is expected to compete with backup Tim Euhus and Kevin Everett for Buffalo's starting job.

Compete? Friggin Compete? Compete my ass! for 2 mill per the job is fuggin his! We didn't sign a friggin TE to a 10 mill deal to 'Compete'.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            I might be in the minority on this, and Ice my man, u know I been as cynical as you lately.. But I am actually very PRO- signing Andre Davis.. I think potentially he'd be a GREAT fit in Buffalo,.... I really do. I wouldnt be upset at all.

If we get Tripplet and Davis this weekend, I actually think its a decent start to FA.. if we end up with some career backup named BOB as our only weekend pickup, I may hang myself.

(and make some Zoners in here very happy)
            I have no problem with Davis, he will replace Moulds no problem. I have NO issue with Tripplet. My issue is marv being slow as hell and his first signing is a TE that no one else would have out bid us for. Sign Tripplet and Davis FIRST Then get on with the TE. and where the hell is Runyon? Where the hell is Mawae? I watch Cleveland sign TWO Top OL in a few hours and we are sitting here signing fuggin TE's!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

The order in which we sign free agents doesn't have to match the order of need.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I'd much rather have Givens than Andre Davis.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

At least my #2 has its heads out of thier asses.

Defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu, one of the hottest players in the unrestricted market, on Saturday agreed to a five-year contract with the Carolina Panthers.

they cut a DT, need a DT...so they sign a Top DT. Pretty damn simple concept. Maybe that is why they have been to the superbowl then back to the NFC Championship game in 3 seasons?

Damn it COME ON MARV!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    Marv is slow getting out of the gate. Cleveland has become a playoff team in virtually one day.

We just paid 10 mill for a TE? 2.5 mill SB? So we just signed a TE that has done nothing in his career to a 2 mill per year deal? WTF?

Tripplet and Davis are in town. Tripplet next to a first round DT is good IF Marv doesn't let the guy leave town and get away. Davis will replace moulds. (And BTW I read an article that says moulds people talked to marv and co and his fate will be decided no later than tuesday. Considering we are bringing in WR's to talk to....)

Going into today, we NEEDED two DT's, SS, LG And maybe Center. TE was something to be addressed later. WR if Moulds is to be cut (And it is looking more and more like it).

So right off the bat we sign a TE. Brilliant. I am trying to be About this, but I am on the verge of getting royal case of the Red ass. And that isn't a good thing...
                    Is it me? Or do you complain a lot.

There is a reason Cleveland will have a lot of cap room/signings. For one, their roster is in a lot bigger mess than ours is.

They are hardly a playoff team yet.

Yes- you could be one of those teams that throw big money at big names early- depleating your bank accounts and taking yourself out of the running for when the June 1 cap cuts come.

I'd rather get a handful of good signings rather then spend the whole nut on one or two guys.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Right now we don't need Givens or Davis. Moulds is still on the roster. And the more time goes by the more likely he will remain on the roster.

We need Line help, not WR help.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                        The order in which we sign free agents doesn't have to match the order of need.
                        Screw the friggin TE. Get what we NEED in here first. TE's can be had even in the damn draft. And again 2 mill per the SOB had damn well be the starter. We have needs that haven't been addressed. Obvious friggin needs.

We can't afford Givens. Davis will be fine here.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

My problem isnt so much signing Bob royal.. I'm just having a hard time thinking other teams were interested in him that it costed that much money.

But none of us are a GM so I guess we wouldnt know

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

The guy is gonna cost less against the cap then Campbell did and he is younger and better and has alot more potential. Plus he can actually block stop *****ing so much at #'s thrown out ther if he ends up sucking he wont see year 4 of the contract.

Bottom line Buffalo was not a serious contender for any of the OL that signed today, they will most likely sign one OL and one DL, triplett is in town and they are talking to Runyan, so what Royal was the first to sign that doesnt mean there arent other things going on

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Right now we don't need Givens or Davis. Moulds is still on the roster. And the more time goes by the more likely he will remain on the roster.

We need Line help, not WR help.
                              We need Givens or davis, Moulds won't be on the roster as soon as they sign one of them. They are looking to replace him and Davis looks to possibly be it

Comment

Working...
                              X