PDA

View Full Version : Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Marv is slow getting out of the gate. Cleveland has become a playoff team in virtually one day.

We just paid 10 mill for a TE? 2.5 mill SB? So we just signed a TE that has done nothing in his career to a 2 mill per year deal? WTF?

Tripplet and Davis are in town. Tripplet next to a first round DT is good IF Marv doesn't let the guy leave town and get away. Davis will replace moulds. (And BTW I read an article that says moulds people talked to marv and co and his fate will be decided no later than tuesday. Considering we are bringing in WR's to talk to....)

Going into today, we NEEDED two DT's, SS, LG And maybe Center. TE was something to be addressed later. WR if Moulds is to be cut (And it is looking more and more like it).

So right off the bat we sign a TE. Brilliant. I am trying to be :calm: About this, but I am on the verge of getting royal case of the Red ass. And that isn't a good thing...

AndreReed83
03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Royal signing as well, but I actually like how the free agency period has progressed so far. We've talked to, brought in, or contacted a lot of players that the fans wanted.

McBFLO
03-11-2006, 06:05 PM
A what case of red ass?

patmoran2006
03-11-2006, 06:05 PM
I might be in the minority on this, and Ice my man, u know I been as cynical as you lately.. But I am actually very PRO- signing Andre Davis.. I think potentially he'd be a GREAT fit in Buffalo,.... I really do. I wouldnt be upset at all.

If we get Tripplet and Davis this weekend, I actually think its a decent start to FA.. if we end up with some career backup named BOB as our only weekend pickup, I may hang myself.

(and make some Zoners in here very happy)

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Check this crap out....

Royal heads north: Tight end Robert Royal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6046) signed with the Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) on Saturday.
Royal, who spent the past four seasons with Washington, agreed to a reported five-year, $10 million contract that includes a $2.5 million bonus. The move came shortly after he visited the team at its Orchard Park headquarters.
The Bills need a veteran tight end after releasing three-year starter Mark Campbell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4930) on March 1.

Royal is expected to compete with backup Tim Euhus (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6868) and Kevin Everett for Buffalo's starting job.

Compete? Friggin Compete? Compete my ass! for 2 mill per the job is fuggin his! We didn't sign a friggin TE to a 10 mill deal to 'Compete'.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:08 PM
I might be in the minority on this, and Ice my man, u know I been as cynical as you lately.. But I am actually very PRO- signing Andre Davis.. I think potentially he'd be a GREAT fit in Buffalo,.... I really do. I wouldnt be upset at all.

If we get Tripplet and Davis this weekend, I actually think its a decent start to FA.. if we end up with some career backup named BOB as our only weekend pickup, I may hang myself.

(and make some Zoners in here very happy)

I have no problem with Davis, he will replace Moulds no problem. I have NO issue with Tripplet. My issue is marv being slow as hell and his first signing is a TE that no one else would have out bid us for. Sign Tripplet and Davis FIRST Then get on with the TE. and where the hell is Runyon? Where the hell is Mawae? I watch Cleveland sign TWO Top OL in a few hours and we are sitting here signing fuggin TE's!!!!

Philagape
03-11-2006, 06:09 PM
The order in which we sign free agents doesn't have to match the order of need.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I'd much rather have Givens than Andre Davis.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
At least my #2 has its heads out of thier asses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2364236

they cut a DT, need a DT...so they sign a Top DT. Pretty damn simple concept. Maybe that is why they have been to the superbowl then back to the NFC Championship game in 3 seasons?

Damn it COME ON MARV! :blowup:

Dozerdog
03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Marv is slow getting out of the gate. Cleveland has become a playoff team in virtually one day.

We just paid 10 mill for a TE? 2.5 mill SB? So we just signed a TE that has done nothing in his career to a 2 mill per year deal? WTF?

Tripplet and Davis are in town. Tripplet next to a first round DT is good IF Marv doesn't let the guy leave town and get away. Davis will replace moulds. (And BTW I read an article that says moulds people talked to marv and co and his fate will be decided no later than tuesday. Considering we are bringing in WR's to talk to....)

Going into today, we NEEDED two DT's, SS, LG And maybe Center. TE was something to be addressed later. WR if Moulds is to be cut (And it is looking more and more like it).

So right off the bat we sign a TE. Brilliant. I am trying to be :calm: About this, but I am on the verge of getting royal case of the Red ass. And that isn't a good thing...

Is it me? Or do you complain a lot.

There is a reason Cleveland will have a lot of cap room/signings. For one, their roster is in a lot bigger mess than ours is.

They are hardly a playoff team yet.

Yes- you could be one of those teams that throw big money at big names early- depleating your bank accounts and taking yourself out of the running for when the June 1 cap cuts come.

I'd rather get a handful of good signings rather then spend the whole nut on one or two guys.

TacklingDummy
03-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Right now we don't need Givens or Davis. Moulds is still on the roster. And the more time goes by the more likely he will remain on the roster.

We need Line help, not WR help.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:13 PM
The order in which we sign free agents doesn't have to match the order of need.

Screw the friggin TE. Get what we NEED in here first. TE's can be had even in the damn draft. And again 2 mill per the SOB had damn well be the starter. We have needs that haven't been addressed. Obvious friggin needs.

We can't afford Givens. Davis will be fine here.

patmoran2006
03-11-2006, 06:14 PM
My problem isnt so much signing Bob royal.. I'm just having a hard time thinking other teams were interested in him that it costed that much money.

But none of us are a GM so I guess we wouldnt know

L.A. Playa
03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
The guy is gonna cost less against the cap then Campbell did and he is younger and better and has alot more potential. Plus he can actually block stop *****ing so much at #'s thrown out ther if he ends up sucking he wont see year 4 of the contract.

Bottom line Buffalo was not a serious contender for any of the OL that signed today, they will most likely sign one OL and one DL, triplett is in town and they are talking to Runyan, so what Royal was the first to sign that doesnt mean there arent other things going on

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Right now we don't need Givens or Davis. Moulds is still on the roster. And the more time goes by the more likely he will remain on the roster.

We need Line help, not WR help.

We need Givens or davis, Moulds won't be on the roster as soon as they sign one of them. They are looking to replace him and Davis looks to possibly be it

Bmax
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
The dollar amount is not that excesive when you think about it...It all depends on the way the deal is structured. We could use a center .but not a major priority.. What we need is a taclke.....off and def....When it comes to fre agency i would prefer if we got good quality guys but didn't over spend....The browns look desperate...They forked out 6 mill a year for center...5 for a lt who gets overpowered...I can see paying that money for a lockdown cb or a top flight wr but a center .. no way i love bentley but they over paid...pro bowl or no pro bowl...

The pats and steelers won super bowls with players that fit in their system not by over paying for free agents...Triplett and davis could very well fit the bill or bills....

Bryan

Bmax
03-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Davis said he came because holcomb had been recruiting him. Even if moulds stayed we could use him as a 3rd or 4th wr ...If evans or moulds got hurt we would be done....

Bmax....

ICE74129
Is it me? Or do you complain a lot.

There is a reason Cleveland will have a lot of cap room/signings. For one, their roster is in a lot bigger mess than ours is.

They are hardly a playoff team yet.

Yes- you could be one of those teams that throw big money at big names early- depleating your bank accounts and taking yourself out of the running for when the June 1 cap cuts come.

I'd rather get a handful of good signings rather then spend the whole nut on one or two guys.

Cleveland just signed the best Center and Best LT on the market instantly making them much better. Then signed one of the top WR's off of the market as well. They aren't shooting their wads, they are doing what it takes to win.

We have clear cut needs, and I see everyone but the Bills addressing thier needs.

Name for me great players cut after June 1st. Year after year there are a few on the message board that say 'But wait for June 1st'. Then no one is cut worth a damn. No one is going to be there worth it period. Milloy was a last minute cut because BB was being an ass.

If you have clear cut needs, address them with the best talent you can immediately so you can get the best talent available. Again we are failing to do this and again, we will be a losing team....just like the last 6 years.

There are a few guys worth the money left out there, marv keeps this up and we are looking at the Bennie andersons that are left and trying to draft our starters.

Dozerdog
The dollar amount is not that excesive when you think about it...It all depends on the way the deal is structured. We could use a center .but not a major priority.. What we need is a taclke.....off and def....When it comes to fre agency i would prefer if we got good quality guys but didn't over spend....The browns look desperate...They forked out 6 mill a year for center...5 for a lt who gets overpowered...I can see paying that money for a lockdown cb or a top flight wr but a center .. no way i love bentley but they over paid...pro bowl or no pro bowl...

The pats and steelers won super bowls with players that fit in their system not by over paying for free agents...Triplett and davis could very well fit the bill or bills....

Bryan

Everyone gets hung up on Ten Million- He will be lucky to collect half of it.

$2.5 of it is guaranteed bonus. Over 5 years it's Half a million a year.

If they gave him a backloaded contract, then you are most likely looking at the first 3 years comperable - maybe even slightly cheaper- than Campbell.

Oh yeah- he's the only guy on the roster who's got a clean bill of health. Euhus, Everett... I think they are set.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Davis said he came because holcomb had been recruiting him. Even if moulds stayed we could use him as a 3rd or 4th wr ...If evans or moulds got hurt we would be done....

Bmax....

Davis won't be the #3 guy. Moulds is gonna get cut if they can sign a decent WR. Just watch and see.

And if holcomb is the QB it won't matter who the WR's are, we are going to suck

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Well Marv has now made one good move. One good, one very questionable considering other needs/ the money spent. Sign Davis, a SS, LG and Center and we are now talking business

Dozerdog
03-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Cleveland just signed the best Center and Best LT on the market instantly making them much better. Then signed one of the top WR's off of the market as well. They aren't shooting their wads, they are doing what it takes to win.

Well when you have twice as much cap space- yes- you can sign better players.

Bently wanted to go back home and play in Ohio- Jurevicious is a good but not fantastic WR, and they are getting somewhat of an even swap (money wise) with them losing Shelton.

It's like complaining your neighbor bought fancier cars for their driveway when they have twice the money to spend on them.

Live within your means.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 06:32 PM
-- Like I said in another thread, just because we sign Royal doesn't mean we're gonna keep him. But if we do keep him, blocking TE is a need. Willis sure as hell needs one.

-- Andre Davis has never been a proven starter. He's a streaky burner, and we already have burners. We need a steady possession guy like Givens. (assuming we lose Moulds)

-- Free agency JUST STARTED for cryin out loud!

AndreReed83
03-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm with you Phil. We are what, 16 hours into free agency? If anything, the official reports about the players the Bills have contacted should be a good sign, I think Marv has been plenty busy.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-11-2006, 06:40 PM
marve says he has someone coming in on monday, but will not say who. Hope it is OL

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm with you Phil. We are what, 16 hours into free agency? If anything, the official reports about the players the Bills have contacted should be a good sign, I think Marv has been plenty busy.

I can pick up a phone and call someone. Signing them is something different.

AndreReed83
03-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I can pick up a phone and call someone. Signing them is something different.

Signing all of your needs in the first 16 hours of free agency, is unrealistic at best.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Signing all of your needs in the first 16 hours of free agency, is unrealistic at best.

Tell that to cleveland.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Cleveland's needs are pretty much their entire team.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Cleveland's needs are pretty much their entire team.

I don't buy that at all. Just wait and see this season.

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2006, 08:17 PM
You think Cleveland is a playoff team???

I love this. Free Agency is not even 24 hours old and you are still *****ing more than a woman going through PMS.

Bill Cody
03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
You think Cleveland is a playoff team???

I love this. Free Agency is not even 24 hours old and you are still *****ing more than a woman going through PMS.

She probably is.