PDA

View Full Version : A. Davis going home to talk it over with wife

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 07:47 PM
And marv said they are talking with his agent. Davis said it will be an exciting offense to be in with what they want to do here. He doesn't have any plans to visit any other teams, but really wants to focus on the Bills and deciding on them before making any other decisions.

Holcomb was contacted him to come here for a visit, but he says that he has seen both QB's play, and feels confident either can do well.

The fact he is really good buddies with Holcomb bothers me. It seems more and more they are looking to holcomb to start. All of the FA aquisitions and draft picks wont matter if holcomb starts.

Devin
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Can Davis be a legit #2 guy?

L.A. Playa
03-11-2006, 07:51 PM
he is 6'1 has great speed and had to play through the Couch mess in Cle, I think he would be a good 2nd or 3rd WR

patmoran2006
03-11-2006, 07:52 PM
He's certainly a huge upgrade over Parrish as a #3 at worst

RedEyE
03-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm begining to wonder that myself. Seems like several things have hinted towards Holcomb being starter. The QB coach certainly didn't have anything great to say about Losman during his interview. I guess only time will tell.

L.A. Playa
03-11-2006, 07:53 PM
maybe they will trade Moulds for Culpepper

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Can Davis be a legit #2 guy?

Yes. He can be our #2. He was a 'system' guy in NE where no one actually starts it seems. He talked about the mess in cleveland between Couch and holcomb. Again my one concern is holcomb starting. He just doesnt' have it.

AndreReed83
03-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Davis is a very dynamic athlete and player. Here's hoping his wife approves. :up:

Dozerdog
03-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Holcomb was contacted him to come here for a visit, but he says that he has seen both QB's play, and feels confident either can do well.

Oh great- a WR with vision problems

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm begining to wonder that myself. Seems like several things have hinted towards Holcomb being starter. The QB coach certainly didn't have anything great to say about Losman during his interview. I guess only time will tell.

You caught that too huh? All Schonart did was talk about missed WR's etc. Nothing about how crappy the line was, playcalling, no run game etc. I don't get it. Holcomb gets an interview on BB.com, JP gets thrown under the bus By the new QB coach.

If they want a vet, go get one that can play. Not a career loser with no arm. I just dont' get it

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh great- a WR with vision problems There is nothing wrong with losman that experience won't fix.

Please explain to me how a career loser like holcomb is going to take us where we want to go? Leave JP out of it, how is KELLY HOLCOMB a CAREER LOSER, who for his CAREER threw the same amount of INT's as TD's until this year, is going to take us to a superbowl? He will be 33, on the downside of his career physically and we are going to hand the reigns to him? Not if we want to win.

If we want a veteran QB we need to go out in FA and get one or trade for one.

IAG
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Did you guys ever think that J.P. is acts like a ass in the locker room and has officially alienated other players?

bledslow
03-11-2006, 08:41 PM
There is nothing wrong with losman that experience won't fix.

Please explain to me how a career loser like holcomb is going to take us where we want to go? Leave JP out of it, how is KELLY HOLCOMB a CAREER LOSER, who for his CAREER threw the same amount of INT's as TD's until this year, is going to take us to a superbowl? He will be 33, on the downside of his career physically and we are going to hand the reigns to him? Not if we want to win.

If we want a veteran QB we need to go out in FA and get one or trade for one.

you ever hear of rich gannon??? brad johnson??? holcomb is getting better and better,and did quite well without his #1 receiver(moulds) when he was hurt. . where as jp losman should be at burger king making fries.

and about nobody really starting in new england. branch and givens have been the 1,2 punch for 3 years now. have you watched any playoff games the last 3 years??? or any football at all for that matter?????? how the hell could you not have known this..... -and about davis,i seen enough of him to know he MIGGGHHHHHT be a decent 3rd string receiver(at the absolute best). he is pretty much a one trick pony.can run ONE route,A STRAIGHT LINE. he cant find the soft/hot spots in zones,cant run short/medium routes,his side movement is almost non existent.

RedEyE
03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I hate this attitude from players.

What's there to talk about? You should have known before going to Buffalo whether or not you would want to play for the team. If it's money, say so before leaving the office. Who has time to sit around and wait for Andre Davis to talk something over with his wife that should have been discussed before he even arrived.

Tatonka
03-11-2006, 08:48 PM
if jp is a better qb, then he will do what he needs to to get on the field.. if he doesnt play well, holcombe will be the starter..

it is up to jp whether or not he will start.

Philagape
03-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Davis has shown nothing that suggests he can be a solid No. 2 WR.

Bmax
03-11-2006, 09:02 PM
i believe his wife is a vet....so who knows maybe his is looking out for her career...she might want to set up shop here...

Bmax

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:05 PM

What's there to talk about? You should have known before going to Buffalo whether or not you would want to play for the team. If it's money, say so before leaving the office. Who has time to sit around and wait for Andre Davis to talk something over with his wife that should have been discussed before he even arrived.

First off he didn't know Buffalo or any other team would be this interested. Who knows how good or bad an offer he got from the Bills. You go to an interview not knowing if you are sure you will get the job and make sure it is a couple states away. all of a sudden they make you an out of your world offer. You going to just call up the wife and say 'We're moving'? You won't and be married for long.

The fact he wants to talk with his wife about this shows respect and character.

L.A. Playa
03-11-2006, 09:05 PM
pretty good sell job by Marv he signed 2 of 3 FA that came in today

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:06 PM
if jp is a better qb, then he will do what he needs to to get on the field.. if he doesnt play well, holcombe will be the starter..

I don't think it is. Seems to me the Bills are possitioning themselfs to have holcomb be the man. BAD MOVE.

Bill Cody
03-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't think it is. Seems to me the Bills are possitioning themselfs to have holcomb be the man. BAD MOVE.

LOL. Anything that doesn't indicate Lossman will be HANDED the job again gets your panties in a bunch. I hope to God Lossman does start so we can end this wasted era once and for all. If it means a 2 win season, so be it.

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:17 PM
LOL. Anything that doesn't indicate Lossman will be HANDED the job again gets your panties in a bunch. I hope to God Lossman does start so we can end this wasted era once and for all. If it means a 2 win season, so be it.

Trade losman, I don't care. Just don't let holcomb start. If he does, we lose regardless of who is brought in.

TigerJ
03-11-2006, 09:30 PM

I pretty much agree with that. JP has the upside. If he learns from his mistakes, he has a chance to be a pretty good QB this year, and to improve each season for a few years thereafter. If Holcomb starts it's because Losman disappoints the Bills. The only thing I would add is that if the Bills are left with Holcomb as their starter, they had better find someone new to be the Bills QB just as soon as they can. I really don't think the Bills can go anywhere with Holcomb as starter.

On the flip side of the argument that Davis' acquaintance with Holcomb means that's the way the Bills are leaning, I disagree for the follosing reason. One of Davis' biggest attributes is his speed. He will not be able to take advantage of that with Holcomb as QB to the extent that he could with Losman. The criticism we've already heard about Davis in this thread is he's a "one trick pony" namely the fly route. What was the route that Losman seemed to excel at hitting? Evans on the fly!

ICE74129
03-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I pretty much agree with that. JP has the upside. If he learns from his mistakes, he has a chance to be a pretty good QB this year, and to improve each season for a few years thereafter. If Holcomb starts it's because Losman disappoints the Bills. The only thing I would add is that if the Bills are left with Holcomb as their starter, they had better find someone new to be the Bills QB just as soon as they can. I really don't think the Bills can go anywhere with Holcomb as starter.

On the flip side of the argument that Davis' acquaintance with Holcomb means that's the way the Bills are leaning, I disagree for the follosing reason. One of Davis' biggest attributes is his speed. He will not be able to take advantage of that with Holcomb as QB to the extent that he could with Losman. The criticism we've already heard about Davis in this thread is he's a "one trick pony" namely the fly route. What was the route that Losman seemed to excel at hitting? Evans on the fly!

Davis is just another instance of the Bills seeming to lean toward Holcomb. KH has his own interview on BB.com, Losman? Schonart comes out and talks about JP missing open WR's while lauding Holcombs skills. Sorry man there seems to be more and more smoke indicating a fire here.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-11-2006, 09:48 PM

Troy Vincent did the same thing, he was going to sign with the Bengals and his wife said that she wouldn't move to Cincinatti and so Vincent chose Buffalo and thank god he did.

ScottLawrence
03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
And marv said they are talking with his agent. Davis said it will be an exciting offense to be in with what they want to do here. He doesn't have any plans to visit any other teams, but really wants to focus on the Bills and deciding on them before making any other decisions.

The fact he is really good buddies with Holcomb bothers me. It seems more and more they are looking to holcomb to start. All of the FA aquisitions and draft picks wont matter if holcomb starts.

What do you mean it won't matter?

Holcomb was a top 10 quarterback this year when starting 8 games.

ScottLawrence
03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Trade losman, I don't care. Just don't let holcomb start. If he does, we lose regardless of who is brought in.

Whys that?

RedEyE
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
First off he didn't know Buffalo or any other team would be this interested. Who knows how good or bad an offer he got from the Bills. You go to an interview not knowing if you are sure you will get the job and make sure it is a couple states away. all of a sudden they make you an out of your world offer. You going to just call up the wife and say 'We're moving'? You won't and be married for long.

The fact he wants to talk with his wife about this shows respect and character.

Don't be so naive. This is the NFL and agents generally know who is interested and who isn't as soon as FA started. Teams have lists and call agents as they run down the list. They probably have been calling for a week now that FA started late.

When a team calls you for an interview it isn't becasue they're not interested. When the interview time is accepted and planned, you have time to think about it and discuss is wiht the agent (probably on the plane with him) and your family.

One of the agents first questions before arriving would be " How do you feel about playing in Buffalo?"... followed up by...."How much would it take to make you feel totally comfortable playing there?" ..Followed by a "This is the number I think we can pull out of them [insert dollar amount]".

The wife would have already given her 2 cents (probably more than once) before he left. Most players don't even live in the city that they play for, so that really isn't a problem anyway.

My guess is that since this is the first full day, Andre is buying himself time for other offers. The Bills offer probably didn't contain astounding numbers and therefore he's using his wife as a diversion tactic to perhaps give himself time for more prospects.

Just be straight forward and man up to your actions. No need to use the wife excuse.

gr8slayer
03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
maybe they will trade Moulds for Culpepper
Your jokingright?

RedEyE
03-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Your jokingright?

Hahahahahahaha

Don't worry, he is.

Kerr
03-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Back to Davis. It's not certain whether he could still become a solid #2 option, but he did pretty well as a starter with Cleveland. As a role player I remember him making some big plays for Tom Brady. Those were some tough catches too. If anything he could be a role player and would add big play ability. I hope he signs with the club. He fits fairchild's offense. Speed.

Mahdi
03-11-2006, 11:39 PM
I highly doubt that just because we are interested in Davis its an indication that we are leaning towards Holcomb. I think Davis is just a cheaper alternative to Givens or Antonio Bryant. And who knows, maybe Bryant is one of the FAs visiting on monday.