Bills to meet with QB McCown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Bills to meet with QB McCown

Bills | Team will visit with McCown
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:59:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Buffalo Bills plan to visit with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) at a later date.

Interesting...I think he has some talent and would much rather see him in here battling for the position than just Holcomb and Losman. Why I say that is because it is becoming clearer that the Bills brass may not be sold on Losman. Let's hope I'm wrong.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills to meet with QB McCown

Maybe he could supplant Holcomb as the #2
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
      That would be a good thing.

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

good find and good move. Nothing wrong with looking at him, nothing wring with a little healthy competition

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Interesting. Obvioulsy the Bills are not satisfied with the QB position. McCown has thrown over 300 yards several times this past season. He can pass the ball around but lacks in other areas. I think that he's a step up from Holcomb, but there are still questions lingering about Losman that need to be answered.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

If I were Josh MCown, I'm not sure I want to come to Buffalo. There are other teams where I'd have less competition and more opportunity to start

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
              If I were Josh MCown, I'm not sure I want to come to Buffalo. There are other teams where I'd have less competition and more opportunity to start
              Unless they are telling him something they aren't telling us. I am really shocked there is QB competition (sic) going on under marv. That crap of 'Well if someone could have been here to beat Kelly he would have started' BS is just that, BS. Where was the competition for Todd Collins? Unless he got hurt Billy Joe Hobag didn't sniff a start with the first team. Marv back then understood, you pick a guy and you go with him.

All I know is this, The QB position has been a state of pure crap since Kelly left. Find ONE DAMN GUY and stick with him! That is what GOOD TEAMS DO! If it isn't JP, ship his ass out and lets move on. If you aren't going to let the kid get his time to develop on the field, move on. This ONE position has caused more pure crap for the org and its fans than any other 3 combined.

Pick one guy, stick him in there, stay with him and put this crap to rest.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                You are dead on right with this post Dozerdog. Losman has alot of potential, but is still so unknown that any FA QB coming in would not be able to judge his chances of starting. MCown wants to start... he will go somewhere that he feels pretty sure that will happen.
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Where was the competition for Todd Collins? Unless he got hurt Billy Joe Hobag didn't sniff a start with the first team.
                  Because he sucked...he couldn't unseat him as the starter. I will go to my grave saying that had AVP not gotten hurt on his 2nd snap of that preseason, he would've been the starter in 1997 and Flutie and RJ may never have come here...and I told AVP that last season after a game
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Because he sucked...he couldn't unseat him as the starter. I will go to my grave saying that had AVP not gotten hurt on his 2nd snap of that preseason, he would've been the starter in 1997 and Flutie and RJ may never have come here...and I told AVP that last season after a game
                    Hey I am with you on AVP. Before the grade III Seperation, the kid had a strong arm (Stronger than holcombs). Look, Find a guy and stick with him. Wouldnt it be nice for say the next 5 years to find a GOOD QB and he is the starter? No BS, no QB contriversys etc?

Holcomb isn't the answer. No arm, dink and dunk, fumbles at least 1x per game etc. We go with holcomb and I just can't get excited about this team. Why? You know we won't do spit on offense. I hope McCown comes in and either he or JP take the job

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

I would like to see him on our roster
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Pray that is the case. If not and holcomb starts...

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Bills | Team will visit with McCown
                          Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:59:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Buffalo Bills plan to visit with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals) at a later date.

Interesting...I think he has some talent and would much rather see him in here battling for the position than just Holcomb and Losman. Why I say that is because it is becoming clearer that the Bills brass may not be sold on Losman. Let's hope I'm wrong.
                          sign him and sh_t can Hol-Pelt!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                            • Mar 2004

I mean no offense to McCown's ability or play, but I'm wondering if he may be the door prize for the Phins if they don't get Brees or Culpepper, since they will have a future visit with him too. Saying that he doesn't sign with the Bills of course.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

mcCown has never impressed me.

he is sloppy with the ball..
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X