PDA

View Full Version : Question on Ngata

McBFLO
03-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Please correct me on anything I may have wrong here. ...

Marv said that he wants a bigger 2nd DT. Ngata is definitely that. Even more so than Bunkley, correct? Ngata, from what I've seen and heard can also move pretty well for his size. The only drawback, I've heard, is that he takes the occasional play off. He was more productive in college than Bunkley, but Bunkley really impressed at the combine and is now moving up the draft boards.

So, what I'm getting at here is... we're taking Ngata with that 8th pick. It seems to make the most sense looking at all the facts.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I can't disagree with that. It sure sounds like they are banking on Ngata being there. The problem is, what if someone moves ahead of us (Cleveland) and gets him. They already said he is thier pick should he drop

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Then we take Bunkley, or how do you feel about Gabe Watson from Michigan? I know hes not the pick at 8, but maybe in the second round? He is huge.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Hell no to Watson! Lazy SOB! Got benched this year when he was a starter. I think Bunkley is in the Tripplet mode. Only about 10lbs seperates the two. I think BIGGER to marv means a 315-320lb guy.

McBFLO
03-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Thats what I was thinking... that Bunkley is pretty much Triplett (as far as size, speed, etc).

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 08:11 AM
I think it will either be Ngata or a FA.

jpdex12
03-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Something else that is sobering...trading down a few spots and getting a second round pick and still getting a stud DT in Bunkley.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 08:30 AM
gabe watson would be a great pick up if we could get him in the 2nd.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
If we stay at eight it's looking like Ngata, assuming he's there. I'm sure Bunkley is our Plan B and by April could be plan one.

Given our record last year and the holes we need to fill, I would't at all be opposed to trading down. There are a few players that you simply don't trade down to get away from, but none of them will be available, or we wont take anyway. These players you dont trade down to get away from are:
Mario Williams
AJ Hawk
Brick
Cutler (It would take a large set for Marv to draft a QB)
Davis (Forget about it after signing Royal)

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
gabe watson would be a great pick up if we could get him in the 2nd.
Hell yeah he would be. The guy is Ted Washington huge.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Jimmy Williams could be a surprisingly great draft pick to play SS, and we could go DT in the second round.. I'm almost sure Watson will be there in round two, though I'd prefer Claude Wroten myself.

tampabay25690
03-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Marv said that he wants a bigger 2nd DT. Ngata is definitely that. Even more so than Bunkley, correct? Ngata, from what I've seen and heard can also move pretty well for his size. The only drawback, I've heard, is that he takes the occasional play off. He was more productive in college than Bunkley, but Bunkley really impressed at the combine and is now moving up the draft boards.

So, what I'm getting at here is... we're taking Ngata with that 8th pick. It seems to make the most sense looking at all the facts.

Ngata was doubled teamed all year he is huge and takes up blockers this will be a good thing next to Triplett now thats what the BILLS will probably do.......This would make teh interior line for us that much better now..

HAMMER
03-12-2006, 10:45 AM
The bottom line is not one of us has a clue what the Bills will do. They could go in any one of ten directions, I think if Hawk is there by some miracle he is the pick for Marv. I think Marv realizes he can get great value by trading down and picking up an extra second. Who knows, anyone that says they do is blowing smoke.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I think I want Ngata, but I wouldn't be upset if we picked someone else and took gabe watson in the second.

SoCalBillsFan
03-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Watson in the second I'd be okay with...but if people are worried about Ngata taking plays off, they should be even more worried about watson. He's even lazier.

I bet the bills will surprise on draft day. I just have this feeling they will surprise us.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 01:05 PM
if guard charles spencer slides down to Buffalo in second round that is by FAR the best player Buffalo can get..

gonzo1105
03-12-2006, 01:59 PM

Um go check the stats. Bunkley was a much more productive player in college then Ngata. The only reason Ngata is rated higher is because of his measurables compared to Ngata last year. I know you Ngata lovers are going to say he was double teamed all year but so was Bunkley because FSU lost their other DT in the offseason to grades and started 260 pound Sophmore DT Andre Fluellen this year.

Kerr
03-12-2006, 03:15 PM
If we do end up drafting Bunk, I hope he's this years Darnell Dockett for us.

McBFLO
03-12-2006, 11:53 PM
The bottom line is not one of us has a clue what the Bills will do. They could go in any one of ten directions, I think if Hawk is there by some miracle he is the pick for Marv. I think Marv realizes he can get great value by trading down and picking up an extra second. Who knows, anyone that says they do is blowing smoke.
I definitely wouldn't mind trading down, assuming all the top tier blue chippers are gone. If we could pick up and extra 2nd or add another 3r rounder for just dropping a spot or two? It'd be hard not to do IMO.

McBFLO
03-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Um go check the stats. Bunkley was a much more productive player in college then Ngata. The only reason Ngata is rated higher is because of his measurables compared to Ngata last year. I know you Ngata lovers are going to say he was double teamed all year but so was Bunkley because FSU lost their other DT in the offseason to grades and started 260 pound Sophmore DT Andre Fluellen this year.
Honetsly, I don't watch all that much college football. Plus, he played for Oregon. We don't get a lot of Ducks game here in Buffalo. I do really get into the draft though. And from a few different things I've read, that's basically what they had to say. I'm not a Ngata lover by any means. Just looking at the logic to the situation based on what Marv said in his press conf.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Jimmy Williams could be a surprisingly great draft pick to play SS, and we could go DT in the second round.. I'm almost sure Watson will be there in round two, though I'd prefer Claude Wroten myself.
I was under the impression that Williams would be better fit at CB in the NFL?