View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Bills Sign Andre Davis

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 09:00 AM
per vcoach.

discuss.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:01 AM
VCOACH Bills:
The Bills have signed wide receiver Andre Davis. Davis played for New England last season after starting his career in Cleveland.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 09:02 AM
i beat you.

:snicker:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
i beat you.

:snicker:
yup, I was trying to get the whole post in. :::

djjimkelly
03-12-2006, 09:07 AM
well lol i like the signing for real football but lol i have to say for my madden leagues on the PC this is a steal considering madden rates him at 98 speed !!!!! LLOL

but seriously i think this shows that i dont think levy and jauron want parrish as the 3rd wr. i think this a solid signing as a slot wr as a #2 id be a little skeptical

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:08 AM
wonder what this means for JP and Moulds

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 09:09 AM
per vcoach.

discuss.

Eric Moulds....nah nah nah nah.....nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey....good bye....

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 09:10 AM
wonder what this means for JP and Moulds

Lets see....our starting WR's are SPEED WR's although Davis is a tall WR (6'1"). Seems we are going to throw the ball DOWN FIELD. Holcomb can't do that....

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 09:14 AM
actually.. i think reed is the one who is done w/ this signing.. he wont be back for sure..

parrish will compete with davis.. if he beats him, good for us.

Sportsuser101
03-12-2006, 09:14 AM
It's Andre Davis. Lets not get carried away he's not going to fill Moulds shoes.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:15 AM
well lol i like the signing for real football but lol i have to say for my madden leagues on the PC this is a steal considering madden rates him at 98 speed !!!!! LLOL

but seriously i think this shows that i dont think levy and jauron want parrish as the 3rd wr. i think this a solid signing as a slot wr as a #2 id be a little skeptical
That's what I was thinking. This guy isn't coming here to replace Moulds. He's coming to replace Josh Reed.

EDS
03-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow. At the very least the Bills have some serious speed at WR now. Definitely should be able to spread the field vertically.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 09:17 AM
No way we signed davis to just replace Reed. Wait and see tomorrow. Davis was supposed to give an answer Monday. Reports say Moulds fate decided monday or Tuesday. And Marv said Davis would be here to compete for a starting job.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Wow. At the very least the Bills have some serious speed at WR now. Definitely should be able to spread the field vertically.

Not with holcomb underthrowing 35-40 yard passes we aren't.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:18 AM
And is it just me or is anyone else impressed. i know they weren't big signings...but Marv had 3 guys in yesterday for interviews. ALL 3 of them signed a contract with the team before they left. That says a lot about Marv Levy and Dick Jauron, the fact that they didn't even want to check out another team first.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:19 AM
agreed Mikey im impressed with the sell job

BillsFever21
Some of you act like we just signed somebody the caliber of Owens. Davis hasn't done anything in 3 years.

He will make a good slot WR for us because of his speed but don't expect anything more. If that's all he is then yes it's a good signing.

We have some speed but it will be useless if the noodle armed Holcomb is our QB.

gr8slayer
Hopefully we didnt overpay.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:20 AM
judgng from the signing so far im sure he wasnt overpaid

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:21 AM
notice a trend too these players all played for playoff teams last year

djjimkelly
03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
No way we signed davis to just replace Reed. Wait and see tomorrow. Davis was supposed to give an answer Monday. Reports say Moulds fate decided monday or Tuesday. And Marv said Davis would be here to compete for a starting job.

i think marv considers the slot wr as a starter and id tend to agree with him the way nfl is going like i said very solid signing if its the #3 wr and yes i considers 3rd wr a starter.

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Wait. So why should I be excited about this guy? This is another Royal signing.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 09:25 AM
And is it just me or is anyone else impressed. i know they weren't big signings...but Marv had 3 guys in yesterday for interviews. ALL 3 of them signed a contract with the team before they left. That says a lot about Marv Levy and Dick Jauron, the fact that they didn't even want to check out another team first.

It's not like these are big time players in high demand. If there's a good contract on the table they aren't gonna pass it up.

I'm sure everyone was waiting to bring Royal in. Yeah right. We got robbed and he's thrilled to get a contract like that.

Davis certaintly wasn't in high demand either. He has some talent for big plays though. He's a slot WR at best. Hopefully he's not gonna get 3 million a year like a backup TE got 2 million.

It's either a good sell job or Marv isn't a good negotiator to find the right price for a player. Considering Royal got 2 million a season take it however you feel.

Dozens of other teams signed players yesterday too and some got big time FA's. We got some scrubs and that's about it.

Tripplet was our best signing and he didn't even start on his previous team.

casdhf
03-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I agree. When was the last time this guy did anything? I'm not disappointed in his signing, but what's the big deal?

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Marv is still at the bottom of the suck-o-meter.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:28 AM
after the way last year ended , I think people are excited that the roster is reshaping, not neccesarily the players signed, so far the 2 reported contracts are cap friendly so they have done a good job with the signings

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 09:29 AM
i think marv considers the slot wr as a starter and id tend to agree with him the way nfl is going like i said very solid signing if its the #3 wr and yes i considers 3rd wr a starter.

We have a slot WR in Parrish. He won't be the #3 WR just wait and see. You moulds fans are whistleing throught the grave yard...

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:31 AM
after the way last year ended , I think people are excited that the roster is reshaping, not neccesarily the players signed, so far the 2 reported contracts are cap friendly so they have done a good job with the signings
So they were cap friendly. But did they help out our team? I dont think so.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 09:33 AM

Every contract is cap friendly the first year or two. An averge of 2 million a year for a backup TE doesn't sound like that great of a deal to me.

3.5 million a year isn't that great of a contract for Tipplet either. We had Sam Adams cheaper then that 3 years ago. It's not like he's a stud DT. It's not like we got steals on these guys. They aren't disapointed I can gurantee that.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Every contract is cap friendly the first year or two. An averge of 2 million a year for a backup TE doesn't sound like that great of a deal to me.

The guy was astrter in Wash he was no backup and is considered another OL you guys want to improve the OL do your homework that was what that signing was about

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
:rolleyes:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
EXACTLY! :bf1:

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
:rolleyes:
Ok so answer the question. How did theses signings (other than Tripplet who wasnt even a starter on his old team) help us out at all?

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM

Tripplet does only because it's between him or Bannan, Anderson and Sape. It's not a steal for him though. I'm not even sure if Pat Williams got that much money last year.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Recap of signings

Royal- replaces Campbell, younger bigger better blocker in my opinion an upgrade

Triplett- replaces Adams, younger is alot better than Adams was last year has played the cover 2 his whole career and is perfect for it an upgrade

Davis- replaces Josh Reed, faster better route runner upgrade

Marv replace 3 players on the roster probably for the same or less amount of a cap hit and improved each position

whats to ***** about ??

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Williams was 32 when he signed with Vikings, 5 years older than Tripplett and signe for 3 year 13 mil with a 6 mil signing bonus, thats more than Tripplett got and a year later in better economic times for NFL

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Recap of signings

Royal- replaces Campbell, younger bigger better blocker in my opinion an upgrade

Triplett- replaces Adams, younger is alot better than Adams was last year has played the cover 2 his whole career and is perfect for it an upgrade

Marv replace 3 players on the roster probably for the same or less amount of a cap hit and improved each position

whats to ***** about ??Wasnt Everett supposed to replace Campbell? Wasnt Parrish supposed to replace Reed?

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 09:42 AM

I think it shows Marv is off to a good start.. But I would not say I am impressed yet. IT shows they have a vision for the type of team they're going to have and they're going after those guys.. That is good.. very good.

But UNTIL (and I assume its coming) we TRULY address our offensive line, which is the number one reason we've been playoff-less for several years, I will not be "impressed" one bit.

That being said, I have a lot of faith that Levy will address the O Line this coming week. Until I see improvements over Gandy, Anderson and possibly Preston I will be anything but impressed.

Tripplett especially is a good start.. Great first new peice to the 4-3 we're running... Davis, excellent speed and probably an improvement over Parrish, but is he a quality starter where losing Moulds won't hurt? We'll have to wait and see.. Royal is a wash with Campbell though he's a better blocker.. I'll say it for the 10,000th time... If Levy wasn't sold as Everett being the "man", I wish we would have tried to get V. Davis. If we didnt get Davis I guarentee there would have been plenty of Robert Royal's in FA in June.

all in all though, A promising start.. Not impressive to me, but surely promising.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Wasnt Everett supposed to replace Campbell? Wasnt Parrish supposed to replace Reed?

obviously the new regime doesnt think so, they need to go with the players they like and build their own team, probably when all is said and done there will be around 20 new players on the opening day roster

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Ok so answer the question. How did theses signings (other than Tripplet who wasnt even a starter on his old team) help us out at all?
They replaced 3 holes...

TE to compete with Tim Euhus, Kevin Everett... :check:

DT to rush the passer and replace Sam Adams...:check:

WR to replace Josh Reed and compete with Roscoe Parrish for the slot receiver...:check:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Tripplet does only because it's between him or Bannan, Anderson and Sape. It's not a steal for him though. I'm not even sure if Pat Williams got that much money last year.
uhh, u must not have seen the reported contract. It's a very good deal for a DT that is up and coming and only 26.

It's less than Fat Sam was getting and less than Big Pat's yearly salary. Oh and Justin Bannan and Ron Edwards are free agents. We only have Tim Anderson and Lauvale Sape right now. :ill:

Tripplett was a solid pickup! :up:

guy
03-12-2006, 09:49 AM
you have to remember, mm and td are gone , dj and ml didnt draft everett or parrish or reed.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 09:53 AM
They replaced 3 holes...

WR to replace Josh Reed and compete with Roscoe Parrish for the slot receiver...:check:

TE to compete with Euhus and Everett: Whoa I'm excited now. I better sit down.

DT: Could be a decent signing but it's too early to tell. He hasn't done anything special in 4 years.

WR: Slot WR at best that wasn't wanted by Cleveland or New England.

We filled two of our holes for our backup positions. Yay, we might improve to 5-11 this year now because of these signings.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2006, 09:57 AM
The guy was astrter in Wash he was no backup and is considered another OL you guys want to improve the OL do your homework that was what that signing was about

Quit stating facts.

Night Train
Some of you act like we just signed somebody the caliber of Owens. Davis hasn't done anything in 3 years.

He will make a good slot WR for us because of his speed but don't expect anything more. If that's all he is then yes it's a good signing.

We have some speed but it will be useless if the noodle armed Holcomb is our QB.

I don't think he's without hope. He did total 11 TDs his first 2 years in Cleveland and then fell out of favor with Butch Davis in 2004. He's still young with speed and now has a fresh start.

L.A. Playa
Im guessing you are the glass is half empty kind of guy

Michael82
03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Recap of signings

whats to ***** about ??
Very good post! :bf1:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
you have to remember, mm and td are gone , dj and ml didnt draft everett or parrish or reed.
exactly!

Michael82
03-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh and just for the record...there was interest in Andre' Davis and there definitely was interest in Larry Tripplett....

Steelers | Team interested in A. Davis
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:19:05 -0800
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl">Pittsburgh Steelers have an interest in free agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Patriots), according to agent Kennard McGuire.

Texans | Team interested in A. Davis
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:18:22 -0800
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl">Houston Texans have an interest in free agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Patriots), according to agent Kennard McGuire.

Chargers | Team interested in A. Davis
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:17:35 -0800
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/31/nfl">San Diego Chargers have an interest in free agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Patriots), according to agent Kennard McGuire.

Buccaneers | Team interested in A. Davis
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:13:32 -0800
Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/35/nfl">Tampa Bay Buccaneers have an interest in free agent WR Andre' Davis (http://www.kffl.com/player/479/nfl) (Patriots), according to agent Kennard McGuire.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
uhh, u must not have seen the reported contract. It's a very good deal for a DT that is up and coming and only 26.

It's less than Fat Sam was getting and less than Big Pat's yearly salary. Oh and Justin Bannan and Ron Edwards are free agents. We only have Tim Anderson and Lauvale Sape right now. :ill:

Tripplett was a solid pickup! :up:

DT was a big need and anybody is an upgrade over Anderson and Sape. It's solid but he's not great. He's supposed to be a pass rusher but has 5 sacks in 4 years.

Is he up and coming because he signed for Buffalo? Adams was in the last year of his contract that's why his salary was so high. When he first signed it was cheaper and he was twice the player then Tripplet at the time.

He had 4 sacks last year which was his first good year. Ron Edwards had 4 sacks two years ago too in the same role as Tripplet played this year. We thought Edwards was up and coming too after that season.

Not saying it's a bad signing because we don't have anybody right now and he's definitely better then them. We don't have John Henderson or Corey Simon on our hands though. He hasn't proved anything yet to say he's up and coming. He's as much of up and coming as Edwards was going into last year.

His average is 3.5 million a season. For the first year or two his 2 million or so won't be bad but. Just about any contract is a good deal the first couple years. It's years 3-5 where it will go up to 3-4 million and we'll find out if he's worth that or not.

I'm just saying he's not anything special at the moment to cream your pants over. He hasn't done anything more then Ron Edwards did through the 2004 season. For our sake I hope he's up and coming though.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 10:05 AM
and isnt signing Royal away from the Redskins kinda like sticking it to the man ??

Kerr
03-12-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm so glad Davis chose to sign. We got some needed speed in the offense.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I never said Davis was a terrible signing. It's just that some act like we just stole Fitzgerald away from the Cardinals.

He'll be a 3rd WR at best. Sure he had some interest as do just about every player who hits the FA market. There's different levels of interest though. It's not like he was at the top of any lists though.

Hell Josh Reed will have teams interested in him for the right price. Most players do.

And as for Royal, most people excited probably never even heard his name before yesterday. If a different team signed him I don't think anybody would be saying "Damn, we lost out on Royal. That is a great signing for _________.

TedMock
03-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Wasnt Everett supposed to replace Campbell? Wasnt Parrish supposed to replace Reed?

No, and I'm not sure. Everett is a totally different TE than Campbell. He's 2" shorter, and 20 lbs lighter than Campbell. That would be an impossible replacement. He's a good blocker, but I think the Bills were looking at him more as the athletic TE. He didn't have huge #'s at Miami, but his average per catch was somewhere around 13 yards his senior year.

Robert Royal is by no means a "knockout" pick, but he is a solid pickup provided that we want to successfully run the ball this year. He's the 260 lbs, strong, blocking TE, that will replace Campbell in that role. You really need two TE's with different qualities. I'm not thrilled about signing Royal, but I think it's a decent signing, and I'm certainly not in any way disappointed with somebody that will improve our running game. He's also on the right side of 30 which is nice.

Parrish? Beats me. I like the excitement of Parrish, and I like that he's a nice punt returner, but I have no idea why TD felt he was worth a high second-round pick. He's not even 170 lbs. I guess they could've thought he'd replace Reed, except he's not nearly the downfield blocker that Reed is. He's faster, and more elusive, but he's also very easy to blow over.

Triplett was a very good pick. Not a full-time starter in Indy, but got equal playing time. He rotated equal time behind Simon and Reagor. Not too shabby considering the quality of DT's that Simon and Reagor are.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 10:15 AM

cooley is the starter.. and no washington fan referred to him as "another OL"...

your playing homer.. and your the one that needs to do your homework.

you obviously know less than you think you do.

TedMock
03-12-2006, 10:20 AM
cooley is the starter.. and no washington fan referred to him as "another OL"...

They ran Cooley more like an H-Back, and Royal strictly as a pure TE. I was at a BBQ last night in Alexandria, and spoke with a few friends that are die-hard Redskins fans. All said Royal is a very good blocker, and in a power offense, he's great. He had a couple of bad drops in one of the playoff games, but bounced back the next week. Overall he's a big, solid, blocker. I don't think we signed him for other reasons. Hopefully none of our fans are expecting him to be Antonio Gates.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 10:22 AM
people forget that andre davis was drafted in the 2nd round to be a starter.. not a 3rd guy.. he was a moster w/ mike vick in college.. he is as fast as evans, and bigger.. he has good hands most of the time, but suffered a couple of big drops.. but his hands are better than reeds ever were as a bill.

the guy suffered a few injuries that kept him off the field.. but he looked like he was going to have a bright future as a starter in cleveland opposite of quincy morgan.. but would get dinged up, and northcut would fill in.

new england traded for the guy.. and wanted to resign him, but didnt get that chance..

the guy has the upside to be a starter w/ evans imho.

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 10:23 AM
here is the Redskins Depth Chart from last year, who is the starter at TE ??

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=4>WAS Offense</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>POS</TD><TD>First Team</TD><TD>Second Team</TD><TD>Third Team</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>James Thrash (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1859)</TD><TD align=left>Jimmy Farris (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/237964)</TD><TD align=left>Antonio Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/401367)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>LT</TD><TD align=left>Chris Samuels (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187397)</TD><TD align=left>Jim Molinaro (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493014)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>LG</TD><TD align=left>Derrick Dockery (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395949)</TD><TD align=left>Ike Ndukwe (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553019)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>C</TD><TD align=left>Casey Rabach (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235144)</TD><TD align=left>Cory Raymer (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4136)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RG</TD><TD align=left>Ray Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3182)</TD><TD align=left>Ike Ndukwe (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553019)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RT</TD><TD align=left>Jon Jansen (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133321)</TD><TD align=left>Jim Molinaro (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493014)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>TE</TD><TD align=left>Robert Royal (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302118)</TD><TD align=left>Brian Kozlowski (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1564)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>Santana Moss (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235234)</TD><TD align=left>Taylor Jacobs (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395990)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>QB</TD><TD align=left>Mark Brunell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032)</TD><TD align=left>Patrick Ramsey (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302216)</TD><TD align=left>Jason Campbell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552466)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RB</TD><TD align=left>Clinton Portis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215)</TD><TD align=left>Ladell Betts (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302176)</TD><TD align=left>Rock Cartwright (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/301996)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>FB</TD><TD align=left>Chris Cooley (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492912)</TD><TD align=left>Mike Sellers (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12687)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 10:23 AM
They ran Cooley more like an H-Back, and Royal strictly as a pure TE. I was at a BBQ last night in Alexandria, and spoke with a few friends that are die-hard Redskins fans. All said Royal is a very good blocker, and in a power offense, he's great. He had a couple of bad drops in one of the playoff games, but bounced back the next week. Overall he's a big, solid, blocker. I don't think we signed him for other reasons. Hopefully none of our fans are expecting him to be Antonio Gates.

whenever they needed a catch, cooley was their guy.. and cooley ran out of the TE spot plenty.. royal did not get many snaps.

he better be able to block well, because he doesnt offer much more.

BillsFever21
03-12-2006, 10:24 AM

Playing homer? On a Bills board? Nah that would never happen.

Tripplet could have some potential but isn't a proven player yet. I'm not thrilled or pissed about him.

Royal and Davis though some are acting like we just signed Heap and Owens. If there was a Dolphins fan on here bragging about signing Royal and Davis the same people would be laughing at him.

I have some hope for Davis as a 3rd WR but nothing more. Some are acting like he's a great player.

And as for Royal big deal. Most of these guys never heard of him before now. But because he just signed with Buffalo that automatically takes his stock up 30% to the homers on these boards.

I bet if you look at posts from the last 3 years all of these guys were probably excited about 80% of the guys we brought in(excluding the big name players) Homerism will do that to people.

They say they are good players as they come in but then call them scrubs when they leave.

Do any of you really think Royal and Davis are one of a kind that will help us improve on our record and be key players in the process? There are tons of Royal's and Davis' in the NFL.

Davis I'm fine with as long as Marv doesn't give him the type of money Royal got which is an average of 2 million a season which would be about 3 million for a WR. If we got him for an average of 2 million a year at the most I'm fine with that. A Royal type would've been had for half of that price a few weeks from now or been had in the 5th round of the draft. He signed with Buffalo though so all of a sudden some think he's a good player.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 10:25 AM
here is the Redskins Depth Chart from last year, who is the starter at TE ??

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=4>WAS Offense</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>POS</TD><TD>First Team</TD><TD>Second Team</TD><TD>Third Team</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>James Thrash (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1859)</TD><TD align=left>Jimmy Farris (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/237964)</TD><TD align=left>Antonio Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/401367)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>LT</TD><TD align=left>Chris Samuels (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187397)</TD><TD align=left>Jim Molinaro (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493014)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>LG</TD><TD align=left>Derrick Dockery (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395949)</TD><TD align=left>Ike Ndukwe (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553019)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>C</TD><TD align=left>Casey Rabach (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235144)</TD><TD align=left>Cory Raymer (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4136)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RG</TD><TD align=left>Ray Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3182)</TD><TD align=left>Ike Ndukwe (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/553019)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RT</TD><TD align=left>Jon Jansen (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133321)</TD><TD align=left>Jim Molinaro (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493014)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>TE</TD><TD align=left>Robert Royal (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302118)</TD><TD align=left>Brian Kozlowski (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1564)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>WR</TD><TD align=left>Santana Moss (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235234)</TD><TD align=left>Taylor Jacobs (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395990)</TD><TD align=left> (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>QB</TD><TD align=left>Mark Brunell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032)</TD><TD align=left>Patrick Ramsey (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302216)</TD><TD align=left>Jason Campbell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552466)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>RB</TD><TD align=left>Clinton Portis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215)</TD><TD align=left>Ladell Betts (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302176)</TD><TD align=left>Rock Cartwright (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/301996)</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>FB</TD><TD align=left>Chris Cooley (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492912)</TD><TD align=left>Mike Sellers (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12687)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you can put up the depth chart all you want.. but sellers and cooley were on the field together most of the time.. and royal was on the bench.

tampabay25690
03-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Great pickup the guy has great speed and will definitely upgrade our WR core. If we keep Moulds and get rid of Reed that would be a great 4 WR set. Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Davis........

!Papacrunk!
03-12-2006, 10:27 AM
:movie:

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 10:30 AM
hey all I am saying is dont look at the player signed as mich as you look at the team they are trying to form, Did the Bills sign any Pro Bowl Players?? NO

What did they sign a guy who palys TE that is a better blocker than ant TE they had on the roster last year, a DT that was better last year than any DT on the roster last year and aWR that has loads of talent and potential

All 3 guys played for playoff teams last year and played for what is regarded as 3 of the best coaches in the League, the pattern of signing is a good sign.

The Bills are not gonna sign any all pro's this off season or tier 1 free agents

J TES
03-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Recap of signings

whats to ***** about ??
Campbell > Royal
Adams > Tripplet
Reed = Davis

J TES
03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
IT shows they have a vision for the type of team they're going to have and they're going after those guys..
You are correct. They are ENVISIONING a very bad football team

TedMock
03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
whenever they needed a catch, cooley was their guy.. and cooley ran out of the TE spot plenty.. royal did not get many snaps.

he better be able to block well, because he doesnt offer much more.

I don't disagree with most of what you said. Royal is a good blocker. That's why we signed him. Cooley is a sick receiving TE, that's where the balls should go. I'm not some homer saying that Royal was a great signing. I've stated in several posts that he's a decent/solid signing for what we'd like to do. Nothing that knocks your socks off though. We could've signed any quality blocker, and I'd be okay with it. We desperately need quality blocking. Cooley did play the TE spot too, but he played most of the game off the line. He was either dropped off the line, or in motion on most plays. I don't know specifically how many snaps Royal got, I do know that he started all but 1 game he played in.

I don't know what to think of the Davis signing. You would know better than me since you're a V-Tech guy. My seasons are with Maryland! Anyway, I know that he's a speedster with decent size, but that he hasn't produced much in the NFL. What do you think of this signing?

Triplett; good signing. Stats don't measure DT's what-so-ever, so we can't look at that at all. He's a penetrator who fits well in certain systems. He rotated with two outstanding DT's in Indy. Hopefully he can be a full-time stud for us. I don't care how many tackles, or sacks he gets. As long as he's creating havoc, I'm happy. We'll find out soon enough.

Billsrock4life
03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
wow im suprised they signed him...actually he will be a good replacement for josh reed..funny thing is andre davis went to school not 2 far from me

RedEyE
03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
He's an upgrade over Reed. I'd still like to see Moulds, Davis and Evans as WR.

dannyek71
03-12-2006, 10:48 AM
i predict he is cut during training camp ala james jett

Romes
03-12-2006, 10:54 AM
3 players in 3 players signed...I think thats a good sign. It shows players like what they see when they come here

DBrown77
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
hey all I am saying is dont look at the player signed as mich as you look at the team they are trying to form, Did the Bills sign any Pro Bowl Players?? NO

What did they sign a guy who palys TE that is a better blocker than ant TE they had on the roster last year, a DT that was better last year than any DT on the roster last year and aWR that has loads of talent and potential

All 3 guys played for playoff teams last year and played for what is regarded as 3 of the best coaches in the League, the pattern of signing is a good sign.

The Bills are not gonna sign any all pro's this off season or tier 1 free agents
I guess you cant be optimistic about your team. I guess if we arent signing the best player at the position then they suck. we should just get the 3 best players in FA and pay them all our cap money we have left and maybe some people will be happy
<sarcasm off>
i like the signings

BAM
03-12-2006, 11:36 AM
This signing makes me happy.

How 'bout we wait and see how Marv's moves pan out before we stick him at the bottom of any suck-o-meter. Some of you crystal ballers crack me up. :chuckle:

EDS
03-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I guess you cant be optimistic about your team. I guess if we arent signing the best player at the position then they suck. we should just get the 3 best players in FA and pay them all our cap money we have left and maybe some people will be happy
<sarcasm off>
i like the signings

I agree. Amazing how many whiners there are on this board. The Bills needed a defensive tackle with experience and upside and they signed one. The Bills needed a blocking tight end and they signed one. The Bills needed depth at wide receiver and they signed a wide receiver.

I don't think anoyone is suggesting that the Bills just signed three all-pros but they did add needed depth and at least one starter.

Tripplett is as good as any DT on the market, which is to say there aren't any all pros available. He'll be fine, no different really the Pickett.

Who are these all-pro players that the Bills are missing out on? Bentley? He wanted to go to Cleveland, nothing the Bills could do there. TO? Not happening in a million years. Is there an all-pro DT available? Who?

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 11:49 AM
ted.. i like the davis signing alot..

anyone who plays fantasy football has had davis on their roster at some point because of the flashes he has shown.. the guy has EVERTHING needed to be a starting wr.. the only reason he has not put up big numbers, imho, and by big i mean 1000+, is because A) he has been dinged up every season, which is ultimately one of the reasons he got traded to NE and B) he has not been in a pass happy offense..

i am not saying that he will be a 1000 yard receiver here w/ what we have to work with, but he has that potential.. he is young, smart, and healthy now. NE wanted to keep him and they traded to get him.. so they saw some value there. as long as his contract numbers are reasonable, we got a good young player whose best years are in front of him.

if we had a good Oline and solid qb play from losman (i say him because he can get the ball down the field better) then i would feel comfortable with evans, davis, and parrish.. all of them have the talent and are top 50 picks in the draft (not that draft position is a indicator of success, but it is an indicator of talent normally)..

all three of those wrs can run under a 4.4. we have size with davis, and he is a good red zone target (see his 11 tds in cleveland in the first two years).. we have speed with all three.. we have a wr that has a nice thing going with the qb (evans to losman).. and we have an exciting playmaker in parrish.

to me, and i will take **** for this, but i see the similarities between that set of wrs and the wrs that St. Louis had in their superbowl years.. again.. they havent done anything yet, so dont go freaking out, but i see the similarities between holt (evans), bruce (davis) and az ahkiem (parrish)... if we keep moulds too.. then it is that much better.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 11:51 AM
They replaced 3 holes...

LOL he is going to replace Moulds, just wait and see.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Great pickup the guy has great speed and will definitely upgrade our WR core. If we keep Moulds and get rid of Reed that would be a great 4 WR set. Moulds, Evans, Parrish, Davis........

Sigh...parrish is NOT going to start over Davis. Davis is FASTER (4.37 40) and Taller (6'1") than parrish. Sorry no. That said, He will end up being moulds replacement.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 12:08 PM
davis is very fast.. but he is not faster than parrish.. no way.. he also is not nearly as elusive in the open field.

i am not disagreeing that as an every down guy, davis would be better,due to size.. parrish makes steve smith look big.. but parrish is faster.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Campbell > Royal
Adams > Tripplet
Reed = Davis

lol!

Campbell was an average receier like Royal and is not as good of a blocker.

Adams was better than Tripplett but is older, fatter, lazier, more expensive and has a wore attitude.

Davis is better than Reed and Reed might still be back for the minimum.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2006, 12:16 PM
i predict he is cut during training camp ala james jett

James Jett was in his 30's and was never an all around WR. To compare the two is ridiculous. The contracts are also vastly different.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 12:16 PM
i would really LOVE to have reed back now. if reed is fighting aiken for the 5th wr spot.. that puts us in a great spot.

BULLDOG53
03-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Now we need to go out there and get ourselves a quality offensive tackle. I am happy we are addressing needs but i was hoping we would grab pickett instead of tripplett. But we will see, I guess that means we are going with Bunkley.

SabreEleven
03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
and isnt signing Royal away from the Redskins kinda like sticking it to the man ??

But aren't you the man?

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 12:24 PM
i would really LOVE to have reed back now. if reed is fighting aiken for the 5th wr spot.. that puts us in a great spot.

Why? You can have all the speed you want, but if the QB can't get them the ball....

Holcomb starts, all of this is moot.

Dr. Lecter
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I am not a big Holcmob fan, but he is not the Anti-Christ either.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 12:43 PM
I am not a big Holcmob fan, but he is not the Anti-Christ either.

No one said anti christ. He sucks as a STARTING QB and we are going no where if they hand him the reigns. The 'He is the best option we have' Excuse MUST END. If he is the 'Best we have' then dump JP or Holcomb and get someone better.

TacklingDummy
03-12-2006, 01:30 PM

If we signed Andre Davis to replace Moulds. This signing did nothing but hurt our team.

Philagape
03-12-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm fine with Moulds leaving if he doesn't take a pay cut, but I have no reason to believe Davis is the answer as his replacement. The only benefit I see is that opponents will have to play two deep against us. That, plus having Royal, should make a difference in the running game. I hope that's the plan.
With our personnel, I like either a big 2-TE, 1 WR set, or a 3-4 WRs, more than the standard set.

Iehoshua
03-12-2006, 02:12 PM
If Andre Davis was signed to replace Josh Reed = :up:

If Andre Davis was signed to replace Eric Moulds = :down:

mybills
03-12-2006, 03:15 PM
If Andre Davis was signed to replace Roscoe Parrish = :up:

If Andre Davis was signed to replace Eric Moulds = :down:

FlyingDutchman
03-12-2006, 03:21 PM
i still want to see antonio bryant brought in. He has good size and good hands. I really think he is going to break out in the next couple of years...

mysticsoto
03-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Excuse me if this is in another post I haven't seen yet, but...has Moulds been released yet? If not, I wonder what type of ramifications this has...given that Moulds hasn't been released yet...could it be that they are trying to work out a trade with someone ? Otherwise, why not just release him already?

L.A. Playa
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I read somewhere they are still talking restructuring with him

The_Philster
03-12-2006, 04:05 PM
James Jett was in his 30's and was never an all around WR. To compare the two is ridiculous. The contracts are also vastly different.
Jett also always had hands of stone...something he showed he still had in Buffalo

paladin warrior
03-12-2006, 04:55 PM
which one is best WR Randy Moss or Andre Davis

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I read somewhere they are still talking restructuring with him

Do NOT restructure a soon to be 33 year old WR's contract! We have TWO Bonuses counting against us on his deal as is. This man needs to take a CUT or be cut.

chubluv
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
This signing makes me happy.

How 'bout we wait and see how Marv's moves pan out before we stick him at the bottom of any suck-o-meter. Some of you crystal ballers crack me up. :chuckle:

:goodpost:

Exactly! Let the guys play in training camp and we will see how good they are. Marv alone isnt doing all this its a team effort amongst the football operations people.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
LOL he is going to replace Moulds, just wait and see.
He's about the same height as Moulds, yes...but he's too small. He's skinnier than Lee Evans who is 3 inches shorter. :ill:

I see him as our slot receiver and competing with another big receiver, maybe David Givens, Reche Caldwell, or Rod Gardner.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:07 PM
davis is very fast.. but he is not faster than parrish.. no way.. he also is not nearly as elusive in the open field.

i am not disagreeing that as an every down guy, davis would be better,due to size.. parrish makes steve smith look big.. but parrish is faster.
Actually, he's not MUCH faster than Davis. This is from their draft profiles...

Andre Davis - 4.43
Roscoe Parrish - 4.40

Kerr
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Actually, he's not MUCH faster than Davis. This is from their draft profiles...

Andre Davis - 4.43
Roscoe Parrish - 4.40

Davis ran a 4.38 at the combine when he came out.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Davis ran a 4.38 at the combine when he came out.
where did u read that?

Kerr
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
where did u read that?

go to buffalobills.com
Davis stated that's what he ran.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
where did u read that? LOL yeah he was talking about how fast Evans was (4.33 right?) and said they could do some damage together.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:38 PM
DAMN! He is FAST! :shocked:

Also ran for Tech's track team during his time there, and has been clocked at 4.29 seconds for the 40-yard dash.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/WR_analysis.html

Parrish ran a 4.38 at the NFL Combine
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3169

Kerr
03-12-2006, 06:41 PM
WR Andre' Davis
A second-round draft pick by the Cleveland Browns in 2002, Davis spent the 2005 season as a member of the New England Patriots. In 2005, Davis started four games and recorded nine receptions for 190 yards. Known as a deep threat, Davis averaged 21.1 yards a reception in 2005 and 26.0 yards a reception in 2004. For his career, the wide receiver from Virginia Tech has started 23 times and posted 102 receptions for 1602 yards with 14 touchdowns. In 2004, he became only the tenth player in NFL history to register a 99-yard touchdown reception (11/17/04 vs. Cin).
"We like Andre," said Levy. "He's a young player that we feel is on the rise. He's an intelligent man and a guy with a lot of speed."
A nagging toe injury in 2004 limited Davis to seven starts in Cleveland and continued to bother him at the start of last season with New England. He finished with nine catches for 190 yards and a touchdown, a career low, in nine regular-season games.
"My foot was kind of messed up," said Davis. "I had surgery on my toe before [the season] and I just think I over compensated on my toe and end up having a nagging injury. I know if I can get a healthy season together I'll be able to help a team out."
Davis, known for his speed, went on to say that he was timed at 4.37 in the forty at the NFL Combine and that he thinks Buffalo's offense will be exciting.
"You need more than two receivers in today's game," added Levy. "He's got speed and he has the ability to go deep. You don't just have starters in this league anymore. He certainly would be right in the fight for a starting position. His experience would be very valuable. We like him, smart, fast, good size, what is there not to like."

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 06:41 PM
DAMN! He is FAST! :shocked:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/WR_analysis.html

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3169

Yeah fuggin fast! With that speed we MUST have a QB that can get them the ball aka NOT HOLCOMB

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:43 PM
People knew Davis, who averaged 16.0 yards per catch in 2001, would run fast but didn't expect him to be as polished a receiver. He had four punt returns for touchdown the past two years and that will add to his value. He ran 4.42 and 4.37:drool:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1345409

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
:drool:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1345409

Picture this...

Moulds quits being a dk.... Evans, Moulds in the slot, Davis. No huddle, JP slinging the football....

WHEW!

Kerr
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Marv may have gotten a steal in FA if Davis ever lives up to his potential. We'll be running almost a poor man's Martz offense, except their will be a lot more running involved.

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
WR Andre' Davis
A second-round draft pick by the Cleveland Browns in 2002, Davis spent the 2005 season as a member of the New England Patriots. In 2005, Davis started four games and recorded nine receptions for 190 yards. Known as a deep threat, Davis averaged 21.1 yards a reception in 2005 and 26.0 yards a reception in 2004. For his career, the wide receiver from Virginia Tech has started 23 times and posted 102 receptions for 1602 yards with 14 touchdowns. In 2004, he became only the tenth player in NFL history to register a 99-yard touchdown reception (11/17/04 vs. Cin).
"We like Andre," said Levy. "He's a young player that we feel is on the rise. He's an intelligent man and a guy with a lot of speed."
A nagging toe injury in 2004 limited Davis to seven starts in Cleveland and continued to bother him at the start of last season with New England. He finished with nine catches for 190 yards and a touchdown, a career low, in nine regular-season games.
"My foot was kind of messed up," said Davis. "I had surgery on my toe before [the season] and I just think I over compensated on my toe and end up having a nagging injury. I know if I can get a healthy season together I'll be able to help a team out."
Davis, known for his speed, went on to say that he was timed at 4.37 in the forty at the NFL Combine and that he thinks Buffalo's offense will be exciting.
"You need more than two receivers in today's game," added Levy. "He's got speed and he has the ability to go deep. You don't just have starters in this league anymore. He certainly would be right in the fight for a starting position. His experience would be very valuable. We like him, smart, fast, good size, what is there not to like."
yup, I found an old ESPN article from 2002. He was clocked at 4.43 and 4.37 :drool:

And then we got Parrish at 4.38 and Evans at 4.37 :drool:

That's a LOT of SPEED! :clap:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Picture this...

Moulds quits being a dk.... Evans, Moulds in the slot, Davis. No huddle, JP slinging the football....

WHEW!
oh man, I'm getting a woody just from thinking about it. :snicker:

Either way, the more and more I hear about our wide open offense, I predict that the job is JP's to lose. Hopefully Holcomb will ask to be cut or traded and they bring someone else in who will be happy to just be a backup.

The_Philster
03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
oh man, I'm getting a woody just from thinking about it. :snicker:
ok...I'm not sending you any more pics...:shakeno:

Michael82
03-12-2006, 07:02 PM
ok...I'm not sending you any more pics...:shakeno:
:lmao:

london59
03-12-2006, 07:59 PM
I am tired of the second and third tier free agent signings. I am not impressed with Roya or Davis signings at all. Triplett also underachieved at Indy. When are the Bills going to sign an impact player? Second and third tier FA O-linemen coming next. Same stuff different year so far.

justasportsfan
03-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I am tired of the second and third tier free agent signings. I am not impressed with Roya or Davis signings at all. Triplett also underachieved at Indy. When are the Bills going to sign an impact player? Second and third tier FA O-linemen coming next. Same stuff different year so far.yup, we have enough cap to make a Spikes kinda signing.

So far, these signing remind me of nothing more than TD signing Robinson and all those other rejects in his first year here. What a crappy season that was.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2006, 08:04 PM

The "caliber of Owens" - this is a joke right...

:rofl:

ublinkwescore
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM

3.5 million a year isn't that great of a contract for Tipplet either. We had Sam Adams cheaper then that 3 years ago. It's not like he's a stud DT. It's not like we got steals on these guys. They aren't disapointed I can gurantee that.

Isn't Robert Royal supposed to be a good blocking TE...

if so, don't question Marv.

I also heard (don't know how true it is, just hearsaying) that Washington wasn't a real TE pass happy O with Clinton Portis and S. Moss and Cooley making up the bulk of their O - at least from what I saw in the playoffs this appears to be the case.

Kerr
03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
The "caliber of Owens" - this is a joke right...

:rofl:

Perhaps you read the post wrong. He wasn't saying Davis was the calibre of Owens.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM

I was just going to post this - I saw Cooley more in the backfield than on the line.

In fact, I can't think of one time I've seen Cooley on the line as a TE - I've seen him go out to a WR spot of many plays, but never as a TE.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Perhaps you read the post wrong. He wasn't saying Davis was the calibre of Owens.

I read it right - I was just referring to the simple fact that I don't want a reciever the caliber of Owens if he's gonna come with the baggage. He was plain and simple a distraction for the eagles last year - there was way more talent on that team than 7-9 or whatever they finished at - which tells me, they weren't as focused on getting ready for their opponents as they should have been and maybe TO was a reason.

Kerr
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I read it right - I was just referring to the simple fact that I don't want a reciever the caliber of Owens if he's gonna come with the baggage. He was plain and simple a distraction for the eagles last year - there was way more talent on that team than 7-9 or whatever they finished at - which tells me, they weren't as focused on getting ready for their opponents as they should have been and maybe TO was a reason.

right
good one.