PDA

View Full Version : Moulds has trade value

ghz in pittsburgh
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
When he's traded, the signing bonus does not go to the new team, which makes his salary more acceptable (to the new team).

Moulds is still widely viewed as a legit #1 receiver. I wouldn't simply let him go without compensation. Also the Bills don't have a proven $1 wideout other the Moulds yet ...

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I think that's the reason he's still a Bill right now.

However, I am POSITIVE a team will want to work out a new contract with him before dealing for him.

one way or the other, I think he's gone in the next 48 hours

!Papacrunk!
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I would imagine other teams have been looking at the back and forth with the contract and would simply wait for the inevitable cut, rather than giving up the draft pick.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Papa.. Your prolly right.

and you know, few if any are talking about how moulds is basically forcing his way out of here, knowing Buffalo won't keep him at $10.8

I truly think MOulds at this point WANTS out of Buffalo.. and wants to go to a team like philly, denver, dallas or NE that are "expected" to contend for a championship.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Competition is what makes it work. If Moulds is cut today, his visiting schedule will be filled in the next 30 minutes. Morale of the story is that there is a market for Moulds.

We all know Phily can use Moulds and kick TO aside. Bledsoe would certainly lobby hard for Moulds in front of JJ. Even the Steelers - I know Cowher thinks very highly of Moulds - could use Moulds when rendell El (THE best WR in free agency!) is not expected to come back.

Would Cleveland take Moulds for Faine? Or conversely would Bills take a chance on Faine?

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I think that's the reason he's still a Bill right now.

However, I am POSITIVE a team will want to work out a new contract with him before dealing for him.

one way or the other, I think he's gone in the next 48 hours

I agree. They aren't going to give the man a new contract and he needs to come to terms with that. Cut or be cut

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 01:12 PM
GHZ..

That's a trade that could work for BOTH teams.. I'd do it.. However, I think the contract Moulds has makes it near-impossible and at this point teams will wait for him to get cut..

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 01:14 PM
GHZ..

That's a trade that could work for BOTH teams.. I'd do it.. However, I think the contract Moulds has makes it near-impossible and at this point teams will wait for him to get cut..

How is it impossible? Tons of cap room and they only take the 7 mill we have to pay him. That will be re worked in 48 hours tops

ghz in pittsburgh
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
After seeing Randell El's deal, Moulds must be praying to Marv ... "Cut me please"

G. Host
03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
The longer the Bills hold on Moulds the more of the easy money goes away. Bills do not need the cap space yet so they have all of the leverage until his bonus is due.

Tatonka
03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
moulds for TO.. straight up.

i know many of you would hate it.. and i would have my reservations.. but TO is the best wr in the nfl.. on the field..

if TO actually believed that this was his last shot..

ah.. i dont know why i am even talking about this.

McBFLO
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Speaking of T.O., I bet that's why he hasn't latched on with another team yet. Teams are waiting to see about the Moulds situation before making a move for that cancer!

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Moulds has no value at his age. Maybe a third or early second day pick at best.

The_Philster
03-13-2006, 05:01 AM
moulds for TO.. straight up.

i know many of you would hate it.. and i would have my reservations.. but TO is the best wr in the nfl.. on the field..

if TO actually believed that this was his last shot..

ah.. i dont know why i am even talking about this.
no respect for Marv making a comment about bringing in that loser :cynic: :down:

BillsFanInMass
03-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Isnt Moulds and T.O the same age?

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
The longer the Bills hold on Moulds the more of the easy money goes away. Bills do not need the cap space yet so they have all of the leverage until his bonus is due.

Good point.

The Bills don't have to cut Moulds until they actually need the money to sign free agents and there are scenarios that could work where they don't have to cut him at all, even without re-working his contract (although that wouldn't be in the Bills' best interests overall). They can hang Moulds out to dry long enough that some of the teams who might be interested in him would have to make a decision about either trading for him or going in another direction entirely. Given the money that Randle El got and the other options that are out there in free agency, it is very possible that a team might figure that trading for a "sure-thing" in Moulds is better than either paying someone else who is less of a player similar money or taking the chance that another contender will blow Moulds away with a bigger deal than he already has now. For teams like Philly or Denver, for example, there is no guarantee that they could sign Moulds if he hits the open market--trading for him would insure that he would be theirs this season at a price not much greater than they would have to give to a lesser player and without the headaches that TO could be expected to bring.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Isnt Moulds and T.O the same age?
Close but extremely different talents.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I would have already been on the phone to Denver and Philly trying to grab thier 3rd rounder.