PDA

View Full Version : On NFL2NITE Sean Salisbury said...

Jeff 311
01-31-2003, 01:40 PM
That he recentley talked to GW, and GW told him that he is confident that Peerless Price will reamain a bill. He then went on to say that GW added that Price is a big part of his offense and Bledsoe loves going to him.

Dozerdog
01-31-2003, 01:41 PM
Sean obviosly didn't talk to Price or Price's agent.

Ebenezer
01-31-2003, 01:43 PM
If it is true then Price will be here longer than GW.

Romes
01-31-2003, 01:44 PM
I just hope we don't overpay. We need the money to fix the defense.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2003, 02:18 PM
I agree Cal I do like Price but I don't want them breaking the bank to keep him when we have such glaring needs on defense.

Earthquake Enyart
01-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I agree Cal I do like Price but I don't want them breaking the bank to keep him when we have such glaring needs on defense.

Isn't that what cal said?? :huh:

I think I like TUR better.

LABillsFan
01-31-2003, 02:44 PM
I don't think you can expect to hear GW say that he doesn't think Price will be back. The Big part of the offense and Drew loves going to him are just compliments to keep him thinking, kind of like a guilt trip, not the Pro Bowl trip Price is looking for.

kgun12
01-31-2003, 03:48 PM
It's said to help with talks with his agent. We can't come out and say he is to expensive, cause that might drive other FA away.

justasportsfan
01-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CalBillsFan
I just hope we don't overpay. We need the money to fix the defense.

TD will amke sure we don't overpay. If we do most of it will come from Drew's paycheck. He said he would.

Bert102176
01-31-2003, 04:20 PM
we need him back and that's the bottom line cause I said so.

Novacane
01-31-2003, 04:28 PM
GW also said that we were going to have a better defense under him than we'd ever had before. If we go by his track record than price is gone for sure.

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2003, 04:35 PM
"Isn't that what cal said??

I think I like TUR better."

Yes hence the beginning of the sentence where I noted that I agreed with Cal. Would it have been better for me to say I agreed with him then write something totally opposite like:

I agree with you cal. I don't like Price but we should resign him and not worry about our glaring needs on defense!

F TUR

shelby
01-31-2003, 04:45 PM
C'mon Thurm......TUR rawks!!!:up:

:church:

WG
01-31-2003, 05:27 PM
If we sign Price, then expect Reed to walk when his contract expires in 3 more years. He's a bonafide #1 and will bear that out. He won't get much playing time if Price resigns and he'll be underutilized and won't be happy. Drew didn't throw to Reed that much and that doesn't figure to change that much.

Also, if we go to more of a running team, then having three WRs like Moulds, Price, and Reed is gonna be a problem. I see Price turning into a whiner like Reed was. Cryin' b/c he isn't getting the ball.

If we go to the air as much as we did this last season w/ Henry as our RB, then Gilbride needs to have his head examined. Henry's a 2,000 yard RB and if he only gets another 20 carries-per-game it will be a huge shame. We dropped back to throw an average 42 times/game this season. That needs to drop to no more than 35. That's over 100 drop backs per game which would result in around 700 fewer yards to go around.

I see problems if we resign Price. If we resign him for big bucks it makes little sense when we can get a great D w/ that money.

ublinkwescore
01-31-2003, 05:41 PM
What the hell is TUR?

casdhf
01-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
If we sign Price, then expect Reed to walk when his contract expires in 3 more years. He's a bonafide #1 and will bear that out.

You're already calling reed a #1 WR? Not to mention, already looking ahead 3 years?

THATHURMANATOR
01-31-2003, 05:50 PM
TUR is short for THATHURMANATUR the person pretending to be me and writing dumb posts to make me look bad....

Michael82
01-31-2003, 05:56 PM
We should be able to afford some good defensive players and even keep Price. We are 14 million dollars UNDER the cap right now and with a few cuts that can be done...Jay Riemersma, Chris Watson, Eddie Robinson and a couple others...we will be close to $20 Million under the cap.

I'm thinking TD will work with Peerless as much as possible and if he doesn't take a smaller cap friendly contract compared to Eric Moulds, then he will throw the Franchise tag on him and try to trade him. :D

TigerJ
01-31-2003, 05:58 PM
GW is engaging in a combination of politics and wishful thinking. Tha't not to say Price won't be back, but nothing is set in stone and Price clearly wants to be the show and to be paid like he's the show too.

shelby
01-31-2003, 06:54 PM
TUR is short for THATHURMANATUR the person pretending to be me and writing dumb posts to make me look bad....

Not true THURM....
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:D

The_Philster
01-31-2003, 07:00 PM

Actually, I think he makes you look good. :D

BADTHINGSMAN
01-31-2003, 08:30 PM
Also on that same NFL2nite show they stated that D.Bostons front runners are Atlanta and Baltimore. Alot of teams wont be able to afford Price and Price is second on everyones wishlist to D.Boston.

The person with name I cant see has a good thought. If Price doesnt sign tag him. Then Trade him off. Im sure alot of people will put some good players up for Price. Hell could trade him for a 1st round pick. Imagine the trades the Bills could be offered for Price. Why get into a bidding war for Price when you could trade for Price.

ublinkwescore
01-31-2003, 09:48 PM
You're a lucky guy Thurm - I wish I had my own "Evil Twin"

So I could SLAP him like the B!+<# that he is.