PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win out on the Brees sweepstakes?

Kerr
03-12-2006, 06:22 PM
New Orleans or Miami?

dolphinssuck
03-12-2006, 06:28 PM
New Orleans hopefully. I believe they need the QB more than Miami.

ICE74129
03-12-2006, 06:33 PM
I think NO gets the job done

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Wrong.. He left N.O without a contract offer and is on his way to Miami... I'd bet the house he doesn't leave Miami without signing a contract.. I also think thats some of the reason Miami hasn't signed players yet.. waiting to see how much Brees is going to run them.

Personally, I dont feel its a sweepstakes anyway. He's not an elite QB to me. To me, he's an above average quarterback who had the best TE on the planet to throw too, and a franchise running back.

I'm not hating on him, He's pretty good.. But I think there's a minimum of six QB's in the NFL better than him. Brady, Manning, Delhome, Rothleisberger, McNab, Vick off the top of my head.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Wrong.. He left N.O without a contract offer and is on his way to Miami... I'd bet the house he doesn't leave Miami without signing a contract.. I also think thats some of the reason Miami hasn't signed players yet.. waiting to see how much Brees is going to run them.

Personally, I dont feel its a sweepstakes anyway. He's not an elite QB to me. To me, he's an above average quarterback who had the best TE on the planet to throw too, and a franchise running back.

I'm not hating on him, He's pretty good.. But I think there's a minimum of six QB's in the NFL better than him. Brady, Manning, Delhome, Rothleisberger, McNab, Vick off the top of my head.

I'm sure your opinion would be differen if the Bills had just signed him.

Crisis
03-12-2006, 08:10 PM

If the Dolphins signed Tripplett he'd be the next coming of Jesus, but for the Bills he's just a depth guy.

:handball:

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
NO would be a nice fit for him.

Kerr
03-12-2006, 08:27 PM
NO in the lead...

Saints | Brees wants $10 million per year; Saints closest to his demands
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:22:37 -0800
John Clayton (http://www.kffl.com/link/125), of ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9), reports free agent QB Drew Brees (http://www.kffl.com/player/1650/nfl) (Chargers) reportedly is seeking a contract that will pay him $10 million per year and he is firm in those demands. The New Orleans Saints (http://www.kffl.com/team/25/nfl) are the closest to meeting Brees' demands. The Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) aren't offering as much in guarantees as New Orleans, and they seem to have dug in on not doing that with Brees coming off shoulder surgery.

Nighthawk
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Wrong, he did get an offer from NO and will fly to Miami to see if they can do better. From everything I've read, New Orleans will give him the most money, but I think Miami gives him the best shot at team success...so who knows.

Jeff1220
03-12-2006, 09:04 PM
If it's about money, he'd be better off in NO because they have it. I think the Dolphins are closer to winning (hope I'm wrong). Miami has nice weather and even that place is nicer than NO is now. I predict Brees in NO.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 09:16 PM
If the Dolphins signed Tripplett he'd be the next coming of Jesus, but for the Bills he's just a depth guy.

:handball:

Tripplett is what he is, depth. No one here thinks he's a starting DT.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Nope.. I'd be much more excited if Buffalo signed Culpepper before Brees if I was in Miami's situation..

and.. IF I had a better offensive line, I'd rather have Kerry Collins than Brees.

I think Brees is going to miss Antonio Gates a hell of a lot more than he ever imagined. He sure as hell isn't worth the 10 million a year he's asking for.

!Papacrunk!
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM
If we sign either Brees or Culpepper, it's going to be taking a huge chance becuase of the obvious injuries. I'm glad we're making attempts to get the situation addressed at least. I'm feeling like Brees will go to NO and we'll see what can be done with Culpepper and his torn up knee. Here's a paraphrase from an article I read on the Sun Sentinel site: some time ago some talent scouts had a lot of praise for a young QB and the lone person put the thumbs down, even when others still beat the drum, but this person didn't think it was a wise move to make. That's when we used our 1st round pick for Jamar Fletcher as opposed to Brees. Another gem of wisdom from Wanny--"what can Trent Green do that Jay Fielder can't." And now our future may depend on two broken QBs. Yet another THANKS WANNY, you da best!!

The Natrix
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I think the winner will be the team who doesn't sign him. I'm still not big on Brees, especially for the money he is demanding. He had the best running back and receiving TE in football, along with a nice O-line and system. He also choked in the playoffs. I think the fact that only two crappy organizations in Miami and NO are making a push for him says a lot.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
If we sign either Brees or Culpepper, it's going to be taking a huge chance becuase of the obvious injuries. I'm glad we're making attempts to get the situation addressed at least. I'm feeling like Brees will go to NO and we'll see what can be done with Culpepper and his torn up knee. Here's a paraphrase from an article I read on the Sun Sentinel site: some time ago some talent scouts had a lot of praise for a young QB and the lone person put the thumbs down, even when others still beat the drum, but this person didn't think it was a wise move to make. That's when we used our 1st round pick for Jamar Fletcher as opposed to Brees. Another gem of wisdom from Wanny--"what can Trent Green do that Jay Fielder can't." And now our future may depend on two broken QBs. Yet another THANKS WANNY, you da best!!

Rich Gannon came back from a worse injury then Brees has to have quite a nice career. Brees is younger then Pep, and with no baggage. I would be happy with either, both QB's can be top 10 in the league. I also think every year Saban get's to add the players he wants for his system will help the players here...obviously. Brees will be a big upgrade for us and so will Pep, but Pep has a longer rehab. You can look at both QB's and their #'s but you can't say Pep is the better QB just from the #'s they produced. They were both in different systems that utilized their talent differently.

If you want to compare personell I think we look a lot more like SD then Minn.
You can love Gates he is a very good TE, but so is R.McMichael, You can love LT, but we have R.Williams and R.Brown we know what Ricky can do and Ronnie wasn't drafted 2nd overall for nothing. So we could have two elements compareable to SD. Now add Chambers and Booker and we have better WR's then SD 1 and 2 WO's. There is no reason we can't make a huge leap on the O side of the ball by just adding Brees. Now I'm not syaing we will be better then SD because they have a better Oline, but Saban will address that in the draft and FA aswell. I know Bill fans refuse to give props to the talent Miami has, but the five players I just mentioned would look a whole lot better with Brees running the O then Fiedler,Feeley or Frerotte. Add a LT, and C and we are a much, much better team on the O side of the ball.

All said, the only three things that will be different will be three players, QB, LT and C. Not out of the relm of possible at all. We will add quite a few more pieces to to the team and Miami may not be a strong playoff team but we will be better then last year and we will be a playoff team even if it is just as a WC team.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Nope.. I'd be much more excited if Buffalo signed Culpepper before Brees if I was in Miami's situation..

and.. IF I had a better offensive line, I'd rather have Kerry Collins than Brees.

I think Brees is going to miss Antonio Gates a hell of a lot more than he ever imagined. He sure as hell isn't worth the 10 million a year he's asking for.

I suppose you think JP is better then Brees too.

The Natrix
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM

If you want to compare personell I think we look a lot more like SD then Minn.
You can love Gates he is a very good TE, but so is R.McMichael, You can love LT, but we have R.Williams and R.Brown we know what Ricky can do and Ronnie wasn't drafted 2nd overall for nothing. So we could have two elements compareable to SD.

I'll give you that. Brees would be a good fit in Miami, I think. The Saints are a mess. Any QB would struggle there, in the early going anyway.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 10:53 PM

No I dont.. But I think Buffalo's next Quarterback is better..
Jay Cutler.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2006, 10:56 PM
It's impossible to tell. Brees is an experienced vet and JP has only 8 games under his belt. But if you must argue that point I'd say yes, because at least JP doesn't have a bum throwing shoulder.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Jay Cutler.
You're nuts. No way we're drafting Cutler.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
It's impossible to tell. Brees is an experienced vet and JP has only 8 games under his belt. But if you must argue that point I'd say yes, because at least JP doesn't have a bum throwing shoulder.

Well I'm sure due to the fact that JP is a Bill you are showing a bit of favor towards JP. Brees is a probowl QB and just because JP doesn't have a whole lotta games under his belt it wasn't because of lack of knowledge in the system. He had a whole year to study it and another to employ it. I'm not gonna say he's a bust or anything close to that at this point but, he's taking a bit longer to show what he's got then you'd like to see from such a high pick. His problems IMO aren't physical, but mental. Changing systems won't help him much.

feelthepain
03-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Jay Cutler.

Cutler hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL. Thats a long ways from a probowl QB. In the Bills system you think he steps in and starts winning games??? Wow, thats a big limb.