PDA

View Full Version : Grade the Andre Davis Signing

Meathead
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
and please, no reeding andre

Nighthawk
03-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Solid signing, not great, but it has the chance to be great. If he stays healthy and lives up to his potential, we may have the steal of free agency.

Kerr
03-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Solid signing, not great, but it has the chance to be great. If he stays healthy and lives up to his potential, we may have the steal of free agency.

I concur.

Meathead
03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
cant say it any better

chernobylwraiths
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Decent signing. Guy has never been a star. High potential, but a speed guy was not what this team needed. They needed a big possesion reciever not another speed guy IMO. Could be a good pickup, but I don't see how a WR is going to help right now if the QB doesn't have time to throw. I give it a C.

Bling
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Dumb move... already had KO'd Parrish and Lee Evans.

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Im not a big fan of it.

Meathead
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
he hasnt done a lot up until now but he is clearly and athletic guy who was explosive at times. for the money we gave him i think its a good gamble

Jeff1220
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM
It all depends on who he's supposed to replace. If he's supposed to replace Moulds, it's an F. If he's supposed to replace Sam Aiken, it's a B+.

djjimkelly
03-12-2006, 09:50 PM
ill grade it an A for these reasons

1. didnt pay much at all
2. 1 year deal tells me its a wait and see approach this is not for #1 or #2 wr

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 02:24 AM
From a need point of view: A+ This signing added Patriots ST tackle leader and a more reliable option in the third sting WR.

From a cost-benefit point of view: B+ but would increase or decrease depending on Moulds.

From a #1 WR point of view: Z

Tinboy
03-13-2006, 02:57 AM
Well he's no 2nd WR so it's hard to say right now, I'll go with a C

tampabay25690
03-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I like the move I have followed him threw college and when he was with CLeveland he is a big play guy and is very fast, he will probably be one of the fastest on the Bills. Can return kicks and Punts in CLeve I know he had TD's on special teams...

BillsFanInMass
03-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Can someone tell me what round was he drafted in ?

RedEyE
03-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Reed replacement ...upgrade.

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM
If someone can get through to this guy, he will break out. He has tons of talent and speed but needs to fine tune and play more intelligently. If he can learn to consistently get off the jam, which is where he has problems, he could be a superb #2 if/when Moulds leaves.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 09:42 AM
If someone can get through to this guy, he will break out. He has tons of talent and speed but needs to fine tune and play more intelligently. If he can learn to consistently get off the jam, which is where he has problems, he could be a superb #2 if/when Moulds leaves.

That would be great if someone could fully develop him. He has potential, but has never really moved on to the next level. I don't really mind his signing, but the dropoff will be tremendous from Moulds to Davis...

John Doe
03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
It possibly gives us the fastest set of 3 wide recievers in the history of the NFL

bledslow
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
ill grade it an A for these reasons

1. didnt pay much at all
2. 1 year deal tells me its a wait and see approach this is not for #1 or #2 wr

there's a reason he did not play much- he was not good enough to warrant more time. he played enough in Cleveland and was nothing special.this gets a grade of D

if bufs 3 receivers next year are parrish,evans and davis, that is the same as having moe,larry and curly as your receivers. and if loserman is the starting qb next year for buf,it will be even a longer season. this guy(jp) cant complete the long ball,medium ball or short ball for completions on a regular basis.

i can SEE it now- WITH THE FIRST PICK OF THE 2007 NFL DRAFT,THE BUFFALO BILLS SELECT_

John Doe
03-13-2006, 08:24 PM
there's a reason he did not play much- he was not good enough to warrant more time. he played enough in Cleveland and was nothing special.this gets a grade of D

if bufs 3 receivers next year are parrish,evans and davis, that is the same as having moe,larry and curly as your receivers. and if loserman is the starting qb next year for buf,it will be even a longer season. this guy(jp) cant complete the long ball,medium ball or short ball for completions on a regular basis.

i can SEE it now- WITH THE FIRST PICK OF THE 2007 NFL DRAFT,THE BUFFALO BILLS SELECT_

I think that you are wrong here.

Parrish has much more quickness that Curly.

Moe had a lot of trouble gaining separation at the line of scrimmage - advantage Evans.

Larry was strickly a special teams guy.

TigerJ
03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Andre Davis was originally a second round pick, I believe. I think it was a good signing. It didn't cost a lot. Even if Davis produces similarly to what he has in the past when healthy, he's a good value when you compare his signing to that of Antwan Randle El. Davis has good upside too. I don't know what kind of reputation he has with respect to his hands, but just because he's fast doesn't mean he can't catch and be a good red zone receiver. He's not quite as big as Moulds, but he has decent size for a receiver. They could still sign or draft someone who has more size. There are a number of big receivers in the draft.