PDA

View Full Version : Grade the Larry Triplett Signing

Meathead
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
and please, trip your waiter

Nighthawk
03-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Excellent signing. Fits what the Bills want to do on defense perfectly.

Meathead
03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
forgot to make it public sorry

:sadwalk:

Mad Bomber
03-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I gave it an "A".

Best FA move we've made so far.

Meathead
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
I gave it an A too because i think hes about the best we could do at the "small forward" (more quick than powerful) dt spot

they still need the big stud or at least power foward (not a run plugging stud but combo of power and quickness) to make triplett effective tho. if they get that it will be a strong combo

its just too bad they couldnt keep adams. i suspect marv just didnt want him on the team because he clashed with his high character philosophy, but the good adams would have fit really nicely imo

chernobylwraiths
03-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I gave it a B. Good move, but not anything spectacular. I think he will help but, to me, signing a backup to become a starter doesn't rate as an A.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I'd give it an a- only cause Triplett is not a mountian like I would like to see signed soon

Meathead
03-12-2006, 07:33 PM
I gave it a B. Good move, but not anything spectacular. I think he will help but, to me, signing a backup to become a starter doesn't rate as an A.
good point

in hindsight i might change it to a b mainly because they gave him a good deal of money. but he played a lot behind some very good dts so he wasnt really a standard backup, you know what i mean

chernobylwraiths
03-12-2006, 07:43 PM
good point

in hindsight i might change it to a b mainly because they gave him a good deal of money. but he played a lot behind some very good dts so he wasnt really a standard backup, you know what i mean

I can understand that, but a backup is still a backup. The Colts felt the need to go get Corey Simon last year for a reason. All I have read about the guy is that he was an underachiever until last year which coincides with his contract year. That happens a lot. I think the signing is good, but it is hard to get excited about a guy I have never really heard about. I kept hearing about Picket and Lewis.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM
I've heard a lot about Triplett. Some Colts fans felt he was on his way to being a probowler. - It would be nice if he could bulk up a little more and still maintain some quickness - for versatility sake, but over all, I'd say this is a B+ - A- signing.

gr8slayer
03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I like it, finally alittle bit of a pass rush.

Meathead
03-14-2006, 02:04 AM
vote

LifetimeBillsFan
03-14-2006, 02:14 AM
I gave it an A because it fills a particular spot with a young player who appears to be coming into his own at a very reasonable price. I didn't judge it against any other criteria, such as what other positions may still need to be filled. I think that they did a pretty good job of filling that position, but I also think that they still have more work to do before the team is ready to see if they can implement the system that the coaches want the team to use.

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 02:51 AM
I voted 'B' for the following reasons:

1. Any TE could be considered a significant upgrade to this mess.
2. Euhus and Everett represent two young 'Campbells' to develop. In other words, NOTHING.
3. $10 mil for a one dimensional TE is way behind something to celebrate.

vicmantak
03-14-2006, 02:53 AM
Oh sorry I graded Royal!

Night Train
03-14-2006, 04:49 AM
When FA started, the 2 best DT's for the Cover 2 Bills were Triplett and Pickett.

Now we may wind up with BOTH of them.

YardRat
03-14-2006, 05:15 AM
I gave it a B.

I'll upgrade to an A when Tripplette helps the defense become dominant again.

mysticsoto
03-14-2006, 07:47 AM
I gave it an A also. It's the best signing we've had in FA. However, overall, so far, for the entire FA signings I give them a B-/C+ grade. I didn't like the Royal signing even if he's a great blocker. That was alot to pay. The Andre Davis signing is a B for me. I'm not sure what he's capable of. Once upon a time, he seemed to be a good prospect, but he hasn't seemed to pan out. I guess he's a question mark and we'll have to hope that he's not just a waste of a roster spot.