PDA

View Full Version : How Damaging is the Bannan Loss?

Meathead
03-12-2006, 09:44 PM
this just in: how much do you care?

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Is this a serious question?

Losing him ranks up in there in Bills history with critical losses like Tim Tindale, David Moore and Jeremy McDaniel.

Meathead
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
you never know

thats the fun of these polls sometimes they surprise, sometimes big

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2006, 10:14 PM
How Damaging is the Bannan Loss?
The term "Bannan Loss" is an oxymoron in itself. There's nothing loss about it.

Devin
03-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Is this a serious question?

Losing him ranks up in there in Bills history with critical losses like Tim Tindale, David Moore and Jeremy McDaniel.

HEY! Jeremy McDaniel was the man.

:snicker:

vicmantak
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Bannan should mean several things for this organization. His versatility on both sides made him a very exciting player to watch and IMO Bills made an unsong mistake when he was not 100% switched to Guard.

Anyway, Bannan showed us very promising evidences at DT during the last off-season but we should learn something from this experience and IMHO Bills new FO should let Mr. McNally do whatever he thinks is possitive to improve the OL.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Vic I ususally agree with your opinions but Bannon was anything but exciting to watch.

vicmantak
03-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Pat,

Baltimore Ravens have a very talented group of scouts and IMO Bannan was not that bad. He has a lot of upside and good enough to be wanted by Jim McNally. To be frank, I still think that Krumrie didn't know how to measure his skill limits and how to optimize his best moment when he was doing a great off-season.

patmoran2006
03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Good observations, but I"ll sum it up by saying he was a borderline bum...

Once I tuned into a game and saw Justin Bannon lining up next to Tim Anderson, I realized this has been a VERY long year.

The_Philster
03-13-2006, 05:09 AM
I'd give it a 3 1/2

TigerJ
03-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Obviously, Baltimore thinks Bannan has more upside than the Bills think. The Bills sign Triplett to be a starter. The Ravens are paying Bannan starter money, so at the very least he's going to be in a rotation and get significant playing time. Bannan is smallish like Triplett. I don't think he was terribly quick coming out of college, hence was a fifth round pick. Despite being relatively small, I think he was thought of more as a run plugger than a penetrator. The Bills either figure Triplett is better, or they want some one bigger, better and stronger to pair with Triplett. Buffalo has a pretty good scouting department too.

Ebenezer
03-13-2006, 07:59 AM
for what he got?? :bigwave:

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 08:43 AM
for what he got?? :bigwave:

Precisely.

The fact that Bannan is the first of the Bills' free agents to be signed by someone else should say something about what other teams think of the talent that the Bills had on their roster last season....

Sam Adams is getting some looks and Lawyer Milloy as well, but other guys are getting signed at their positions already and there really hasn't been a big rush for any of the rest.