vicmantak
03-13-2006, 04:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikings-hutchinson&prov=ap&type=lgns

The_Philster
03-13-2006, 04:49 AM
We'd have to top the figure the Vikes offered...don't see it happening

Ickybaluky
03-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Since he signed the offer sheet, he is off the market. The offer sheet is a contract. The only question is whether Seattle keeps him by matching the offer, or whether they decline and he goes to Minnesota.

Nobody else can sign him, only those two teams.

Night Train
03-13-2006, 05:05 AM
7 years 49 Mil for a Guard. That's just lunacy.

The $$ spent during the first week of Free Agency is often excessive and rarely pays for itself.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2006, 05:12 AM
He is gone period. Either Seattle matches and that is his new contract with them or they dont match and that offer sheet he signed is his new contract with the Vikings.

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 05:28 AM
IMMHO Marv should do whatever it takes to get Hutchinson.

Prospectively and in financial terms, if you consider what Browns paid to get LeCharles Bentley (Six years $36 mil which includes $15 mil in guarantees) and if you consider what are Seahawks and Cardinals 'willling' to pay for Alexander or James... it looks that $7 mil/year for the best Guard in the entire NFL is worth this money.

Retrospectively, if you consider what Bills paid for total busts like Mike Williams or what Bills are still paying for many mediocre players at the same time... IMO I would overpay for the most proven and gifted G now.

ZacGriffi~82
03-13-2006, 06:42 AM
You want to have a 13 Million dollar hit against the cap this year??

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2006, 07:04 AM
I wouldnt sign him to that much anyways

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 07:05 AM

Prospectively and in financial terms, if you consider what Browns paid to get LeCharles Bentley (Six years $36 mil which includes $15 mil in guarantees) and if you consider what are Seahawks and Cardinals 'willling' to pay for Alexander or James... it looks that $7 mil/year for the best Guard in the entire NFL is worth this money.

Retrospectively, if you consider what Bills paid for total busts like Mike Williams or what Bills are still paying for many mediocre players at the same time... IMO I would overpay for the most proven and gifted G now.

And this is why guys like you aren't even allowed to run Fantasy football teams.

TigerJ
03-13-2006, 07:31 AM

I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
I think you are off your rocker to think we should offer more than the fortune the Vikes are offering!

Didn't the vikes get Winfield after he had signed an offer sheet with the Jets? :idunno:

FlyingDutchman
03-13-2006, 08:46 AM
what do we need Hutch for?!? We've got Bennie Anderson!!!!

Stewie
03-13-2006, 08:54 AM
how long did it take the OP to realize no one can sign Hutch except Seattle?

Philagape
03-13-2006, 08:55 AM
After what we got at LG last year, I'd pay $100 mil for Hutch.

(exaggeration)

But the issue is moot, as NE39 pointed out. It's either Seattle or Minnesota.

Stewie
03-13-2006, 08:55 AM
probably until right now

;)

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Look NO GUARD IS WORTH THAT KIND OF MONEY! If you will notice they take the meat of the cap hit THIS YEAR. they will redo that contract at the end of the 07 season, count on it.

there are STARTING GUARDS IN THE DRAFT! Some even in the 2nd round! Christ people, leave it up to some of you and we woudl be 500 mill over the cap paying SS's and Guards!

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Not happening.