• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Bills Re-sign OT Jerman For 2 Years

Backup insurance at OT.

I know you're thrilled beyond description with this news.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills Re-sign OT Jerman For 2 Years

I'm all a-tingle :)
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• vicmantak
      • Jun 2005

Just incredible... I wonder which single reason made Jerman interesting to this organization...

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
      - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

looks like I'll be watching a few more games with his grandma.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Look, who the hell knows WHAT talent we have hidden on this roster? Do any of you *****ing and whining honestly trust MM And his assclown crew to have helped any of these guys reach thier potential?

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mybills
            looks like I'll be watching a few more games with his grandma.
            Thats cool MB. Thats how I come to know Jerry Crafts that played here awhile back. Watching games here with his family at the Outback

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

For depth purposes, no problem. I just hope he never has to start a game for us.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                For depth purposes, no problem. I just hope he never has to start a game for us.
                He did last year. He's 6'5" 300 lbs...and I'm pretty sure he used to play defense. Somebody saw something in him that was worth moving him to offense. I don't think he did that bad on the OL last year. Whereas he was terrible in Miami.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Bills Re-sign OT Jerman For 2 Years

why?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

I have only one word to say on re-signing Jerman: Why?

I usually give players the benefit of the doubt--until they show me that they can't get the job done. While you can argue that Jerman may not have been used properly, etc. by MM, this is his second stop in the NFL and he has not shown anything here or in Miami to indicate that he can even be a competent back-up.

One thing that is beginning to concern me about McNally--who I have been a HUGE supporter of--is that I see a tendency in him to "fall in love" with certain players who either look good in the weight-room or who must be coming up with all of the right answers in the classroom, but who can't seem to play a lick when they get on the field: first there was Pukecillo and now Jerman. If given a choice between a Ross Tucker, who doesn't look good, but who is a fighter once the whistle blows, and either of those guys, I would take a Tucker-type every time. Unfortunately, McNally doesn't seem to be thinking that way at all.

After watching him play for Miami and the Bills, I simply do not see what Jerman brings to the team at all, even as a back-up.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Kerr
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Maybe Marv met his grandma. Can't break and old woman's heart.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Kerr

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          I have only one word to say on re-signing Jerman: Why?

I usually give players the benefit of the doubt--until they show me that they can't get the job done. While you can argue that Jerman may not have been used properly, etc. by MM, this is his second stop in the NFL and he has not shown anything here or in Miami to indicate that he can even be a competent back-up.

One thing that is beginning to concern me about McNally--who I have been a HUGE supporter of--is that I see a tendency in him to "fall in love" with certain players who either look good in the weight-room or who must be coming up with all of the right answers in the classroom, but who can't seem to play a lick when they get on the field: first there was Pukecillo and now Jerman. If given a choice between a Ross Tucker, who doesn't look good, but who is a fighter once the whistle blows, and either of those guys, I would take a Tucker-type every time. Unfortunately, McNally doesn't seem to be thinking that way at all.

After watching him play for Miami and the Bills, I simply do not see what Jerman brings to the team at all, even as a back-up.
                          I cannot believe that none of you guys have brought up the fact that we are paying him 1.27 million and he really hasn't proved crap so far. Why does it appear that we are overpaying no namers so far this off season? Royal and Jerman.
                          Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Don't like Jerman but I'm pretty sure McNally had a hand in this signing and I trust the Mouse.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Wow we are making strides this off-season.

Comment

Working...
                              X