03-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Backup insurance at OT.

I know you're thrilled beyond description with this news. :tired:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-13-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm all a-tingle :)

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Just incredible... I wonder which single reason made Jerman interesting to this organization...

mybills
03-13-2006, 06:32 AM
looks like I'll be watching a few more games with his grandma.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Look, who the hell knows WHAT talent we have hidden on this roster? Do any of you *****ing and whining honestly trust MM And his assclown crew to have helped any of these guys reach thier potential?

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 07:08 AM
looks like I'll be watching a few more games with his grandma.

Thats cool MB. Thats how I come to know Jerry Crafts that played here awhile back. Watching games here with his family at the Outback

Kerr
03-13-2006, 07:28 AM
For depth purposes, no problem. I just hope he never has to start a game for us.

mybills
03-13-2006, 08:06 AM
For depth purposes, no problem. I just hope he never has to start a game for us.
He did last year. He's 6'5" 300 lbs...and I'm pretty sure he used to play defense. Somebody saw something in him that was worth moving him to offense. :idunno: I don't think he did that bad on the OL last year. Whereas he was terrible in Miami.

Ebenezer
03-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Bills Re-sign OT Jerman For 2 Years

why?

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I have only one word to say on re-signing Jerman: Why?

I usually give players the benefit of the doubt--until they show me that they can't get the job done. While you can argue that Jerman may not have been used properly, etc. by MM, this is his second stop in the NFL and he has not shown anything here or in Miami to indicate that he can even be a competent back-up.

One thing that is beginning to concern me about McNally--who I have been a HUGE supporter of--is that I see a tendency in him to "fall in love" with certain players who either look good in the weight-room or who must be coming up with all of the right answers in the classroom, but who can't seem to play a lick when they get on the field: first there was Pukecillo and now Jerman. If given a choice between a Ross Tucker, who doesn't look good, but who is a fighter once the whistle blows, and either of those guys, I would take a Tucker-type every time. Unfortunately, McNally doesn't seem to be thinking that way at all.

After watching him play for Miami and the Bills, I simply do not see what Jerman brings to the team at all, even as a back-up.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Maybe Marv met his grandma. Can't break and old woman's heart. :D

mybills
03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
:chuckle: Kerr

jpdex12
03-13-2006, 08:58 AM
I have only one word to say on re-signing Jerman: Why?

I usually give players the benefit of the doubt--until they show me that they can't get the job done. While you can argue that Jerman may not have been used properly, etc. by MM, this is his second stop in the NFL and he has not shown anything here or in Miami to indicate that he can even be a competent back-up.

One thing that is beginning to concern me about McNally--who I have been a HUGE supporter of--is that I see a tendency in him to "fall in love" with certain players who either look good in the weight-room or who must be coming up with all of the right answers in the classroom, but who can't seem to play a lick when they get on the field: first there was Pukecillo and now Jerman. If given a choice between a Ross Tucker, who doesn't look good, but who is a fighter once the whistle blows, and either of those guys, I would take a Tucker-type every time. Unfortunately, McNally doesn't seem to be thinking that way at all.

After watching him play for Miami and the Bills, I simply do not see what Jerman brings to the team at all, even as a back-up.
I cannot believe that none of you guys have brought up the fact that we are paying him 1.27 million and he really hasn't proved crap so far. Why does it appear that we are overpaying no namers so far this off season? Royal and Jerman.

justasportsfan
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Don't like Jerman but I'm pretty sure McNally had a hand in this signing and I trust the Mouse.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow we are making strides this off-season.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 11:42 AM
He did last year. He's 6'5" 300 lbs...and I'm pretty sure he used to play defense. Somebody saw something in him that was worth moving him to offense. :idunno: I don't think he did that bad on the OL last year. Whereas he was terrible in Miami.

Jerman wasn't bad last year??? This was him in virtually every game he played in!!!

mybills
03-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I said not THAT bad compared to Miami.
READ THE WHOLE POST. thanks! :up:

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I said not THAT bad compared to Miami.
READ THE WHOLE POST. thanks! :up:

He's terrible everywhere...period!

Michael82
03-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Jerman wasn't bad last year??? This was him in virtually every game he played in!!!
Check him out in this photo...If anything, Duke Preston looks like the one that sucks. :ill:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo107%7E3.jpg

Michael82
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
:rofl: Check out Duke Preston here....

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/Photo115%7E7.jpg

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I was saying last year since TC that Duke Preston was getting owned by Sam Adams left and right - and everybody seemed to think I was being really critical of him. Well...he's a rookie and played like one. But Jerman is NOT a rookie!!!

Night Train
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Check him out in this photo...If anything, Duke Preston looks like the one that sucks. :ill:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo107%7E3.jpg

Look at the size of that hole up the middle. Why didn't Holcomb turn on the " burners " . :fogey:

Michael82
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Look at the size of that hole up the middle. Why didn't Holcomb turn on the " burners " . :fogey:
because he sucks. :idunno:

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Thats cool MB. Thats how I come to know Jerry Crafts that played here awhile back. Watching games here with his family at the Outback

Jerry Crafts wife .. at the time.. was cheating on him with some dude I know..

Just thought you might wanna know that..

LOL>. as for Jermain, I got no problem with this signing, I like depth.. But this isnt exactly the kind of offensive tackle Im waiting for right now.

Ebenezer
03-14-2006, 07:07 PM
the numbers:

2006 $585,000
2007 $595,000

signing bonus around $30-35K per year.