X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Pickett Coming For Visit...

"After he finishes meeting with the Green Bay Packers today, free-agent defensive tackle Ryan Pickett is scheduled to visit the Buffalo Bills as he weighs potential contract offers from three NFL teams." http://www.packersnews.com/archives/...25147174.shtml
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Pickett Coming For Visit...

The question is how much would he cost? I would rather have him over r. davis because of his youth, but would he cost too much for the team? It would be great if we could add pickett to the line. He would be the run plugging tackle, with trips being the penatrating tackle(rush the qb). I like that Marv is trying to make our defensive line as young as he can. This also would indicate we could draft a DE in the 1st round if we could add Pickett/other.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Very interesting. We make a move on the kid (or another DT) that makes our draft VERY interesting.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Signing him would eliminate Ngata on Draft day. Then Huff moves to the front of the line, unless we trade down or have someone better ( Ferguson,Hawk,Mario Williams etc.) drop, which is unlikely.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          Signing him would eliminate Ngata on Draft day. Then Huff moves to the front of the line, unless we trade down or have someone better ( Ferguson,Hawk,Mario Williams etc.) drop, which is unlikely.
          We are not taking huff period! It will be a DE or trade down

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
            I'd have no problem with that. A tradedown is never a given if the phone doesn't ring.

DE ? After Mario Williams, any other DE would be a major reach. That includes Hali of Penn St. or Kiwanuka of Boston College. Hali is too small and Kiwanuka looked overmatched at the Senior bowl and was downgraded considerably.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

wow.. i would LOVE this signing..

i really dont think that people realize how active this guy is.. he has more tackles then almost all the other DTs in the league last season.. he definately flys to the ball.

i wouldnt be against ngata or bunkley on draft day even if we sign picket.. we need an awesome rotation for this D.. the only other guy is anderson.. and sape, i guess.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Aug 2004

Even if we were to sign Pickett, I still think a DT in the first or second round is a definite possibility unless someone like Ferguson falls into our laps.

At this stage the Bills have two legit DTs on their roster: Anderson and Tripplett. Sape is a guy who will struggle to even be a back-up/emergency option. That means that the Bills need to obtain 1-2 additional DTs to transform the interior of their defensive line and provide enough bodies for them to have a solid rotation at DT.

Because the system the Bills are looking to use at DT this year requires two fairly different types of players, the Bills could look to add a rookie to compete with Anderson for one spot, while adding a vet to rotate with Tripplett at the other. Or, vice versa.

Since the contract that Tripplett got was a pretty good deal for the Bills, they may feel that they can spend more than they had originally intended to pick up a second vet DT--enough to actually allow them to look at Pickett. With Pickett and Tripplett on board, the Bills could hold off until Round 2 or even later to get their "run-stuffer who can run", but it doesn't preclude them from drafting a DT early in the draft (although it would give the team many more options on draft day--which would be great).

The one proviso about Pickett is that, now that the NY Giants have lost K.Clancy, they are also in the market for a DT now. Yesterday's NY Daily News reported that Pickett is one of the guys that they are interested in talking with this week.
                Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• NIck in RaCHaCha
                  • Mar 2006

I'd have no problem with that. A tradedown is never a given if the phone doesn't ring.

DE ? After Mario Williams, any other DE would be a major reach. That includes Hali of Penn St. or Kiwanuka of Boston College. Hali is too small and Kiwanuka looked overmatched at the Senior bowl and was downgraded considerably.
                  WE could move up!

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Hali would work great here.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      With the impact of guys like Williams and Reed plus Jauron being a former db back himself, i wouldn't be so sure about that. If we don't land anyone of Archulleta's caliber or better, I wouldn't be surprised to see Huff a bill if he's still there at 8.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-13-2006, 09:27 AM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• capitolneal
                        • Sep 2003

Huff would be a GREAT PICK.... Bottom line He is Roy Williams but faster this kid is amazing talent can play both coroner and safety, IMHO it would be a mistake to pass on this kid

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

So you guys say take a guy that couldn't fit at CB or SS in college? He is a tweener. I don't care what he runs a 40 in blah blah blah, I have seen the kid play. Until this year it wasn't that spectacular. Unlike Roy Williams he didn't sit in any one position for a set time, didn't re define the position.

Huff is a workout warrior and that is it. I said this about Mike Williams and I will say it about Huff, you take him that high, he will end up biting us in the ass.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

I'd rather see us grab Tamba Hali, and sign a free agent or trade down and try to grab Darnell Bing.
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Jan 2004

Can you say TAMBA HALI

Comment

Working...
                              X