PDA

View Full Version : Humm...Mystery guest for the Bills?

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Off of KFFL....

NFL | Bernard to make an undisclosed visit
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:15:20 -0800

Danny O'Neil, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) has a visit scheduled for the upcoming week, but his agent's office has declined to disclose his travel plans.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 07:41 AM
about time.

ublinkwescore
03-13-2006, 09:05 AM
hmmm... Interesting.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2006, 09:07 AM
That would rock. :fingerscrossed:

Saratoga Slim
03-13-2006, 09:13 AM
wouldnt that give us two pass rushing DTs? thought marv wanted a bigger body next to Triplett. I'm a little skeptical that he's coming here

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM
I think since we already signed Triplett, Pickett is the guy we need, as much as I like Bernard. Pickett and Bernard would have been awesome!

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Bernard is big enough to play the DT spot that Marv described.

If I am not mistaken, Bernard played that technique for Seattle before Marcus Tubbs got hurt two years ago and Bernard was shifted over to fill his spot (with C.Darby taking over Bernard's spot).

If the Bills were to get a DT who could play both spots, they could potentially go with a three man rotation at DT and would not have to take a rookie as high in the draft as they otherwise might have to consider doing.

McBFLO
03-13-2006, 09:34 AM
If the Bills were to get a DT who could play both spots, they could potentially go with a three man rotation at DT and would not have to take a rookie as high in the draft as they otherwise might have to consider doing.

If that happens... do they go after Huff in the 1st round, seeing that the DL needs, for the most part, have been filled?

Jersey1031
03-13-2006, 09:38 AM
If that happens... do they go after Huff in the 1st round, seeing that the DL needs, for the most part, have been filled?

Maybe, but does anyone else like Tamba Hali...?

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:41 AM

They haven't been filled. We still need a Good LE.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 09:43 AM

No.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
No. Why not? The kid is good. He has the best cashe of moves for a DL coming out.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I still think were done going after DT's in FA and Marv will draft Ngata :(

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM

Maybe. The thing is that it gives them the option to see who is still left on the board and go with the best rated player remaining on their draft board (I know, I can already hear half of you going, "Oh God, NO!" :lol:)--who might be Huff, Ngata, Mario W., Ferguson, Hawk, Hali or someone else.

Because this is a draft where the teams picking before the Bills could go in a number of different directions, but there is enough talent at the top of the draft that you know that you are going to get a good player--just at what position is unknown--having the flexibility to be in a position to go with whatever player falls to you who will be the best player on your draft-board at that point is not such a bad thing. I think that Marv is trying to position the team to take advantage of having a player who might go higher drop to them unexpectedly--and I think that is smart because I do think that someone will drop to them this year, but there is no way of telling right now who that is going to be.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I still think were done going after DT's in FA and Marv will draft Ngata :(
If we are done why even have pickett in? That doesn't make any common sense at all. Can you be any more gloom and doom about this offseason? I mean hell FA is what...2 days old now?

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
If we are done why even have pickett in? That doesn't make any common sense at all. Can you be any more gloom and doom about this offseason? I mean hell FA is what...2 days old now?
Its called being realistic. We have an owner that would rather pocket every penny than pay good money for quality players. The best off-season move we can make is to get a new owner.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Why not? The kid is good. He has the best cashe of moves for a DL coming out.

After Mario, the dropoff is enormous. Tamba and Kiwanuka are probably late 1st rd quality at best. They will probably be grabbed mid 1st rd by impatient GMs, but that is too high for them. If we have no gems fall to us at #8, we either take Ngata (if we haven't filled the 2nd DT position yet), take Huff, or try hard to trade down and maybe grab Brodrick Bunkley in the late 1st rd. I just don't feel either of these two could beat out Kelsay or even Denney...and I want a starter that can contribute now!

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
After Mario, the dropoff is enormous. Tamba and Kiwanuka are probably late 1st rd quality at best. They will probably be grabbed mid 1st rd by impatient GMs, but that is too high for them. If we have no gems fall to us at #8, we either take Ngata (if we haven't filled the 2nd DT position yet), take Huff, or try hard to trade down and maybe grab Brodrick Bunkley in the late 1st rd. I just don't feel either of these two could beat out Kelsay or even Denney...and I want a starter that can contribute now!

So what you just said was, anyone other than the top guys in the draft won't start in this league. Damn folks get a fuggin clue. There are guys in the 3rd fuggin round that will come into this league and start and make probowls for God's sake.

You people never cease to amaze me.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
So what you just said was, anyone other than the top guys in the draft won't start in this league. Damn folks get a fuggin clue. There are guys in the 3rd fuggin round that will come into this league and start and make probowls for God's sake.

You people never cease to amaze me.

Nice the way you jump lump people in your self created categories and generalize. You obviously didn't understand what I said so let me try saying it differently.... I said Tamba and Kiwanuka are a big dropoff from Mario and aren't worth a #8. If there are no gems that fall to us, Ngata and Huff will be the primary people that would fill needs on the team. If not, we should probably try to trade down where we could pick up a next top need of our team (like Bunkley) but not overpay for him pick-wise (and also pick up an extra pick in the process).

Now, was that more understandable to you, or do I need sock puppets to explain it further? I see no place whatsoever, where I'm saying there aren't guys who can start in the league. I really don't know where you got that from ... (???)

:wtf:

Michael82
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Its called being realistic. We have an owner that would rather pocket every penny than pay good money for quality players. The best off-season move we can make is to get a new owner.
:rofl:

Ralph has been one who always tends to spend up to the cap. :rolleyes:

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Nice the way you jump lump people in your self created categories and generalize. You obviously didn't understand what I said so let me try saying it differently.... I said Tamba and Kiwanuka are a big dropoff from Mario and aren't worth a #8. If there are no gems that fall to us, Ngata and Huff will be the primary people that would fill needs on the team. If not, we should probably try to trade down where we could pick up a next top need of our team (like Bunkley) but not overpay for him pick-wise (and also pick up an extra pick in the process).

Now, was that more understandable to you, or do I need sock puppets to explain it further? I see no place whatsoever, where I'm saying there aren't guys who can start in the league. I really don't know where you got that from ... (???)

:wtf:

I got that from your post. Pretty simple to read your message. I'd still like to know how Tamba and Kiwanuka don't warrant the #8 pick. Oh in your opinion right? But what is Ralph, DJ, Modrak and Guy's opion on them? hell they might have Tamba rated above Williams and huff. I've seen it before.

What is Tamba comes out and has 15 sacks as a rookie and averages 13 sacks a season over a 15 year career. Was he worth the #8 pick then? We don't know what these kids will do yet. 'But ICE they are rated so and so by the experts'. Yeah the same ones that had ryan leaf as the top QB over manning? #2 at worst? The same ones that had Tony Mandarich as the best LT ever? We just dont' know, but to say 'so and so isnt' worth this or that pick' Is stupid.

Let it play out how it plays out and come back 5 years from now and see if the guy was worth #8.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:15 PM
The way I understand it is that Bernard is similar to Trips in the mold of being more of a pass rusher than a run stopper. Perhaps I'm wrong, but i've been seeing Russell Davis and Ryan Pickett as the best fits for the void left by Pat Williams-scheme wise of course. I can't see Marv wanting to give starting duties to stop the run to a rookie who could be bust or boom.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
I got that from your post. Pretty simple to read your message. I'd still like to know how Tamba and Kiwanuka don't warrant the #8 pick. Oh in your opinion right? But what is Ralph, DJ, Modrak and Guy's opion on them? hell they might have Tamba rated above Williams and huff. I've seen it before.

What is Tamba comes out and has 15 sacks as a rookie and averages 13 sacks a season over a 15 year career. Was he worth the #8 pick then? We don't know what these kids will do yet. 'But ICE they are rated so and so by the experts'. Yeah the same ones that had ryan leaf as the top QB over manning? #2 at worst? The same ones that had Tony Mandarich as the best LT ever? We just dont' know, but to say 'so and so isnt' worth this or that pick' Is stupid.

Let it play out how it plays out and come back 5 years from now and see if the guy was worth #8.

Given that 5 years is a long time away, the Bills FO needs to make decisions now. And yes, sometimes - even the experts can be wrong. All one can do is go with what you see at the moment. Let's look at Gabe Watson for instance. He looked awesome at the senior bowl and at the combine, but took plays off during the year...do you go with him? It's somewhat of a crapshoot, but part of it is your own instinct and gut based on what you've seen the kid do. My gut/instinct say, that Hali and Kiwanuka will probably be average - and we have that in Kelsay already.

Yes, that's just my opinion and it could be wrong. Just like it's your opinion that you like Hali...

YardRat
03-13-2006, 12:33 PM

Yes....I'm all for trading down a couple of spots and taking Hali.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd take Hali. From scouting reports he sounds like another Ogunleye.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Given that 5 years is a long time away, the Bills FO needs to make decisions now. And yes, sometimes - even the experts can be wrong. All one can do is go with what you see at the moment. Let's look at Gabe Watson for instance. He looked awesome at the senior bowl and at the combine, but took plays off during the year...do you go with him? It's somewhat of a crapshoot, but part of it is your own instinct and gut based on what you've seen the kid do. My gut/instinct say, that Hali and Kiwanuka will probably be average - and we have that in Kelsay already.

Yes, that's just my opinion and it could be wrong. Just like it's your opinion that you like Hali...

They are making decisions. We have to wait until the draft to see what they are.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
They are making decisions. We have to wait until the draft to see what they are.

But it's cool to come up with the rationales and guess also, isn't it? :)

CAbills
03-13-2006, 02:11 PM
My dream would be to sign Pickett and somehow have Williams fall to us at 8.

ublinkwescore
03-13-2006, 02:26 PM
mine too - then we go after OL for the next three rounds, and all is well in Buffalo Fandom.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 02:29 PM
mine too - then we go after OL for the next three rounds, and all is well in Buffalo Fandom.

Wow are you sleepwalking or what?

ILOVEMIBILLS
03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Chiefs | Bernard to visit
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:34:05 -0800

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent DT Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) has a visit planned with the Kansas City Chiefs.

This might be that "surprise" visit.

ZacGriffi~82
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
The news said we didn't have anyone in to visit today.

camelcowboy
03-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Why not? The kid is good. He has the best cashe of moves for a DL coming out.

Not worth the 8th spot. Mario Williams or trade down.