PDA

View Full Version : Bills Never Had A Shot At Bentley or Jurevicius

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
According to MSN/Fox Sport, it appears that the Bills--and virtually the rest of the NFL--had absolutely no shot at signing either LeCharles Bentley or Joe Jurevicius because both guys, who are originally from Cleveland, wanted to go back home to play for their beloved Brownies:

"I can die happy now," said Bentley, who wore a Browns jersey under his sports coat. "This has been my dream."....

"This is where it all started for me," said Jurevicius. "I had opportunities to go to a couple different places. First and foremost, I wanted to become a Cleveland Brown, put on the orange helmet, play in front of Lake Erie and enjoy the feelings.
"This is going to add years to my career because of excitement that comes along with it."

(URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5405088 )

As I have often tried to point out to those who say that the Bills need to sign this player or that one and who blame the Bills for not offering enough money to a player that they want the team to sign when that player goes elsewhere, there is a lot more to signing players in free agency than just offering them money--there are often things that the players want of feel or are looking at that have nothing to do with money that play a role in where they decide to ultimately go.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Good post

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I could have told you we have no chance at either of them before FA began

Sportsuser101
03-13-2006, 10:10 AM
It couldn't have anything to do that the Browns made Bentley the highest paid center of all time could it? It's never about the money.