PDA

View Full Version : After much thought Marv is taking the right approach to FA

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:06 AM
We were NEVER going after Bentley or Hutchenson, sorry to dissapoint, But those of us that live in reality (Marv being one of us) realise it wasn't even worth an attempt. So marv and co have looked at WHO IS OUT THERE WE CAN POSSIBLY GET with any REALISTIC Chance and evaluated them. Maybe non one is out there worth a damn? That is possible. So maybe we do what we can and that is shore up BOTH DT spots in FA then draft OL? Holy crap....what a concept!!!

And remember I told you folks, two new OL tops. Peters WILL play on this line, so will gandy and Villarial. You cant revamp and entire line in one offseason, esp when the great ones are un affordable and the FA market is thin. Marv is doing the RIGHT Thing. You NEVER sign someone just to sign them to appease the fanbase. How did that work out for Tom Donahoe?

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:09 AM
I know we never had a chance at Hutch and Bentley, Ralph is too much of a cheap ass.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I know we never had a chance at Hutch and Bentley, Ralph is too much of a cheap ass.

Pure stupidity. Marv was SMART not to go after these guys. Neither one of them is worth the money.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:13 AM
So what's your excuse for not going after Shaffer? He didnt break the bank but is potentially a great OL.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
So what's your excuse for not going after Shaffer? He didnt break the bank but is potentially a great OL.

Simple, I don't know what Marvs plan is. Do they already have a trade in place with a team above us to get D'brick? We don't know. I do know reports were made during combine week the Bills were talking trade with teams. So who knows? I do know that every draft expert has guys at LT that will be there in the 2nd round, touted to become damn good (5 mill per year was the quote) Left tackles in this league.

Let marv work his plan. ***** after the draft.

Gunzlingr
03-13-2006, 10:17 AM
This will be a first, but I am actually with ICE on this one :shocked:. I am actually pleased with what we have done so far, and look forward to our future moves.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Ice makes perfect sense.

ICE74129
This will be a first, but I am actually with ICE on this one :shocked:. I am actually pleased with what we have done so far, and look forward to our future moves.
I knew you would come around... :beers:

BTW another board quoted lenny passthepotatos on WGR This morning. He feels the Bills will sign Pickett. Is concerned we haven't had an OL man in yet, but it seems we at least have a good plan so far for FA

gr8slayer
Simple, I don't know what Marvs plan is. Do they already have a trade in place with a team above us to get D'brick? We don't know. I do know reports were made during combine week the Bills were talking trade with teams. So who knows? I do know that every draft expert has guys at LT that will be there in the 2nd round, touted to become damn good (5 mill per year was the quote) Left tackles in this league.

Let marv work his plan. ***** after the draft.
Ill ***** anytime I want. We have done nothing this off-season (other than signing Tripplet) to make our team better. You might be happy with being the laughing stock of the NFL but Im tired of it.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Ice makes perfect sense. Can you immagine how much better our DL would look if we land Pickett as well? I say make DE the priority @ #8 and we don't worry about the DL for oh....about 5-6 years!

Wouldn't it be nice to hear 'The Buffalo Bills field the best DL in the AFC'?

Philagape
03-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Quite a flip-flop from this ....

Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=94269)

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM

Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=94269)
Seriously. That is why I cant take anything this guy says seriously. Make up your mind.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I think the Bills need to focus on their problem positions with their cap room first, then go for improvements. Improving one position when others are lagging so drastically behind seems like putting the cart before the horse. We also don't have an unlimited amount of cap space to play with. What happens if a stud comes up for one of the lines, do we pass on him because we needed another TE?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Ill ***** anytime I want. We have done nothing this off-season (other than signing Tripplet) to make our team better. You might be happy with being the laughing stock of the NFL but Im tired of it.

Free agency is still young. The draft has yet to occur.This team is more than one season of re-building away from being a contender.

To ***** now is asinine, impatient and shows a lack of full understanding of how the NFL works.

As for Shaffer, teams can't force guys to sign with them.

justasportsfan
03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
We were NEVER going after Bentley or Hutchenson, sorry to dissapoint, But those of us that live in reality (Marv being one of us) realise it wasn't even worth an attempt. So marv and co have looked at WHO IS OUT THERE WE CAN POSSIBLY GET with any REALISTIC Chance and evaluated them. Maybe non one is out there worth a damn? That is possible. So maybe we do what we can and that is shore up BOTH DT spots in FA then draft OL? Holy crap....what a concept!!!

And remember I told you folks, two new OL tops. Peters WILL play on this line, so will gandy and Villarial. You cant revamp and entire line in one offseason, esp when the great ones are un affordable and the FA market is thin. Marv is doing the RIGHT Thing. You NEVER sign someone just to sign them to appease the fanbase. How did that work out for Tom Donahoe?BuffaloBlakely14 said it better :D.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Ice write on both sides of the fence, to please many masters and increase his rating. I write facts, steal ideas from other boards and point out what's wrong. Lately people want to say they are making the right moves that's fine. Ostrich's like burying their heads in the sand as well.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM
BuffaloBlakely14 said it better :D. You are close to a swift kick in the package you know that?

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:30 AM

Read the first part of my post.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Can you immagine how much better our DL would look if we land Pickett as well? I say make DE the priority @ #8 and we don't worry about the DL for oh....about 5-6 years!

Wouldn't it be nice to hear 'The Buffalo Bills field the best DL in the AFC'?
That would be very nice. These guys need to chill and wait to see what our final roster looks like. Free agency just started there are still tons of players available.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Free agency is still young. The draft has yet to occur.This team is more than one season of re-building away from being a contender.

To ***** now is asinine, impatient and shows a lack of full understanding of how the NFL works.

Well put, Doctor! I couldn't have said it better if I had tried. You hit the nail on the head.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Ill ***** anytime I want.

No really? We hadn't figured that out yet

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:35 AM

IF ICE is upset with your *****ing, you are clearly *****ing too much. :D

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:37 AM
You have no place to talk to anyone about their *****ing about the Bills. You do nothing but *****.

You people can continue to live in your little dream worlds where we are the best team in the NFL. I live in reality, we have done nothing to make us a continder so far. Untill we do Im not happy.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
IF ICE is upset with your *****ing, you are clearly *****ing too much. :D
Go back to the joke that is KFC.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Money talks.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:40 AM
You have no place to talk to anyone about their *****ing about the Bills. You do nothing but *****.

You people can continue to live in your little dream worlds where we are the best team in the NFL. I live in reality, we have done nothing to make us a continder so far. Untill we do Im not happy.

Do you think the Bills will become a contender in one year? How would Archuletta help the Bills?

Nobody here is saying the Bills are the best team. Most of us are in the reality that this team is more than one year away.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Money talks.

Since he signed with the first team that he talked with, the Bills had no chance. If they sign a guy like Runyan and move Peters to LT the move works out fine.

Neither you or I know what the longterm plans are. I do know that they are not signing every single FA available. The draft is also very, very deep in OTs.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM

Wow, the smartest person here today. What is wrong with everyone here, we are freaking upgrading at TE?? We need significantly more help than a new TE, we need lineman that can block. Is this really that hard??

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Do you think the Bills will become a contender in one year? How would Archuletta help the Bills?

Nobody here is saying the Bills are the best team. Most of us are in the reality that this team is more than one year away.
One more year away? With this OL? With our best players health in question? With an RB who feels like he can play only when he feels like it? With an HC who has had all of one winning seasons? With a GM who has ZERO GM experience? With an owner who refuses to ever open up the wallet? With us spending $10 million on TE's who have done nothing?

Explain to me where the ray of light is, cause I dont see it. With the exception of us having Nate for one more year.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:46 AM

Please STFU already.

Reality is this is a two offseason process. Sorry you and the others didnt grasp that REALITY. REALITY also says FA is only 48 hours old. Tell me who all is scheduled to come in this week? You don't know. What does the FA list they have look like? You don't know. What does the war room board for the draft look like? You don't know. Who are we going to draft? You dont' know. So QYB!!

Look Take a midol, get a heating pad and go lie down before posting again.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Read what I said:

more than one year away.

More than one year.

And Ralph opens up his wallet. Look at the recent signing bonus'.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Since he signed with the first team that he talked with, the Bills had no chance. If they sign a guy like Runyan and move Peters to LT the move works out fine.

Neither you or I know what the longterm plans are. I do know that they are not signing every single FA available. The draft is also very, very deep in OTs.
Are you thinking before you type? Why would you put Peters at LT? The most important position on the OL to a right handed QB.

I dont want every FA available, I did not want Hutch or Bentley, their salaries would kill us and make it impossible for us to sign other positions where we need th help.

The draft may be deep in OT's but OT is not out biggest problem right now. Gandy is fine and Peters is fine. We need help up the middle and we need a freaking pass rush.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Please STFU already.

Reality is this is a two offseason process. Sorry you and the others didnt grasp that REALITY. REALITY also says FA is only 48 hours old. Tell me who all is scheduled to come in this week? You don't know. What does the FA list they have look like? You don't know. What does the war room board for the draft look like? You don't know. Who are we going to draft? You dont' know. So QYB!!

Look Take a midol, get a heating pad and go lie down before posting again.
Loser talk. I want results.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Read what I said:

more than one year away.

More than one year.

And Ralph opens up his wallet. Look at the recent signing bonus'.

Doc you are trying to argue with the 'Madden Generation' They have no friggin clue at all on how to field a good football team. They have no clue about the dynamics of depth, Free agency, Draft and the contracts that go with all of that.

Turn and yell at your wall, you will get further than with GR8

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Since McNally and a number of others have said he has he ability, I say try Peters at LT.

And Gandy is fine??????

He is an adequate/below average LT. He is a decent guard and would be great for depth (due in part to his versatility).

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Doc you are trying to argue with the 'Madden Generation' They have no friggin clue at all on how to field a good football team. They have no clue about the dynamics of depth, Free agency, Draft and the contracts that go with all of that.

Turn and yell at your wall, you will get further than with GR8 Never even played Madden. Too busy getting an education and trying to win national titles.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
BTW, is this part of the "master plan?"

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=94389

What a joke.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Depth. And he can be cut at any time with little or no impact.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 10:55 AM

Turn and yell at your wall, you will get further than with GR8

Your dreaming here brother, your patting people on the back that don't deserve it. We need lineman now, not unknown TE's and WR's.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Depth. And he can be cut at any time with little or no impact.
I dont like the re-signing.

Philagape
03-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Your dreaming here brother, your patting people on the back that don't deserve it. We need lineman now, not unknown TE's and WR's.

Unknown only to people who are not very knowledgable

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
There goes another good OL.
http://www.finheaven.com/news/3095/

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
There goes another good OL.
http://www.finheaven.com/news/3095/

God are you really this stupid or just trying to piss smart fans off? The guy is a BUM. This is the same POS TD wouldn't even trade for! That should tell you everything you need to know about the worthless POS. I love the fact he went to Miami, it is now a revolving door for schobel to thier QB.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
God are you really this stupid or just trying to piss smart fans off? The guy is a BUM. This is the same POS TD wouldn't even trade for! That should tell you everything you need to know about the worthless POS. I love the fact he went to Miami, it is now a revolving door for schobel to thier QB.
You have no place to be calling anyone stupid. Have you read some of your own posts?

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
You have no place to be calling anyone stupid. Have you read some of your own posts?

Yeah on a much higher level than the crap I am reading here lately.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah on a much higher level than the crap I am reading here lately.
Get over yourself. Your posts are as stupid as anyone's on this message board 3/4ths of the time.

YardRat
03-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Ahem...

Royal is a blocking tight end, one of the better ones in the league according to some.

You want an upgrade on the o-line? You just got one.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Ahem...

Royal is a blocking tight end, one of the better ones in the league according to some.

You want an upgrade on the o-line? You just got one.

I knew rat would get it. :beers:

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I knew rat would get it. :beers:

for whatever reason we have not had a real TE on the roster for many years now. They never seem to make it past spring training or come in damaged.