• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

After much thought Marv is taking the right approach to FA

We were NEVER going after Bentley or Hutchenson, sorry to dissapoint, But those of us that live in reality (Marv being one of us) realise it wasn't even worth an attempt. So marv and co have looked at WHO IS OUT THERE WE CAN POSSIBLY GET with any REALISTIC Chance and evaluated them. Maybe non one is out there worth a damn? That is possible. So maybe we do what we can and that is shore up BOTH DT spots in FA then draft OL? Holy crap....what a concept!!!

And remember I told you folks, two new OL tops. Peters WILL play on this line, so will gandy and Villarial. You cant revamp and entire line in one offseason, esp when the great ones are un affordable and the FA market is thin. Marv is doing the RIGHT Thing. You NEVER sign someone just to sign them to appease the fanbase. How did that work out for Tom Donahoe?
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: After much thought Marv is taking the right approach to FA

I know we never had a chance at Hutch and Bentley, Ralph is too much of a cheap ass.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      I know we never had a chance at Hutch and Bentley, Ralph is too much of a cheap ass.
      Pure stupidity. Marv was SMART not to go after these guys. Neither one of them is worth the money.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

So what's your excuse for not going after Shaffer? He didnt break the bank but is potentially a great OL.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

So what's your excuse for not going after Shaffer? He didnt break the bank but is potentially a great OL.
          Simple, I don't know what Marvs plan is. Do they already have a trade in place with a team above us to get D'brick? We don't know. I do know reports were made during combine week the Bills were talking trade with teams. So who knows? I do know that every draft expert has guys at LT that will be there in the 2nd round, touted to become damn good (5 mill per year was the quote) Left tackles in this league.

Let marv work his plan. ***** after the draft.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

This will be a first, but I am actually with ICE on this one . I am actually pleased with what we have done so far, and look forward to our future moves.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Ice makes perfect sense.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                This will be a first, but I am actually with ICE on this one . I am actually pleased with what we have done so far, and look forward to our future moves.
                I knew you would come around...

BTW another board quoted lenny passthepotatos on WGR This morning. He feels the Bills will sign Pickett. Is concerned we haven't had an OL man in yet, but it seems we at least have a good plan so far for FA

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Simple, I don't know what Marvs plan is. Do they already have a trade in place with a team above us to get D'brick? We don't know. I do know reports were made during combine week the Bills were talking trade with teams. So who knows? I do know that every draft expert has guys at LT that will be there in the 2nd round, touted to become damn good (5 mill per year was the quote) Left tackles in this league.

Let marv work his plan. ***** after the draft.
                  Ill ***** anytime I want. We have done nothing this off-season (other than signing Tripplet) to make our team better. You might be happy with being the laughing stock of the NFL but Im tired of it.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                    Ice makes perfect sense.
                    Can you immagine how much better our DL would look if we land Pickett as well? I say make DE the priority @ #8 and we don't worry about the DL for oh....about 5-6 years!

Wouldn't it be nice to hear 'The Buffalo Bills field the best DL in the AFC'?

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Quite a flip-flop from this ....

Looks like my fears for this offseason are coming true
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                        Seriously. That is why I cant take anything this guy says seriously. Make up your mind.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

I think the Bills need to focus on their problem positions with their cap room first, then go for improvements. Improving one position when others are lagging so drastically behind seems like putting the cart before the horse. We also don't have an unlimited amount of cap space to play with. What happens if a stud comes up for one of the lines, do we pass on him because we needed another TE?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Ill ***** anytime I want. We have done nothing this off-season (other than signing Tripplet) to make our team better. You might be happy with being the laughing stock of the NFL but Im tired of it.
                            Free agency is still young. The draft has yet to occur.This team is more than one season of re-building away from being a contender.

To ***** now is asinine, impatient and shows a lack of full understanding of how the NFL works.

As for Shaffer, teams can't force guys to sign with them.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              We were NEVER going after Bentley or Hutchenson, sorry to dissapoint, But those of us that live in reality (Marv being one of us) realise it wasn't even worth an attempt. So marv and co have looked at WHO IS OUT THERE WE CAN POSSIBLY GET with any REALISTIC Chance and evaluated them. Maybe non one is out there worth a damn? That is possible. So maybe we do what we can and that is shore up BOTH DT spots in FA then draft OL? Holy crap....what a concept!!!

And remember I told you folks, two new OL tops. Peters WILL play on this line, so will gandy and Villarial. You cant revamp and entire line in one offseason, esp when the great ones are un affordable and the FA market is thin. Marv is doing the RIGHT Thing. You NEVER sign someone just to sign them to appease the fanbase. How did that work out for Tom Donahoe?
                              BuffaloBlakely14 said it better .
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X