PDA

View Full Version : Fins Sign LJ Shelton

LtFinFan66
03-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Dolphins sign LT Shelton... (http://www.finheaven.com/news/3095/)
Posted on: 2006-03-13

http://www.finheaven.com/newsimages/shelton.jpg [Sun-Sentinel (http://www.finheaven.com/links/outgoing.php?LID=140&URL=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-313marvez,0,4719011.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)] The Dolphins have found a replacement for left tackle Damion McInotosh, signing free agent veteran L.J. Shelton to a four-year contract on Monday.

Shelton, who turns 30 in eight days, was not re-signed by Cleveland. The Browns unsuccessfully tried to re-sign Shelton after he started all 16 games in 2005, prompting Cleveland to instead sign Atlanta tackle Kevin Shaffer to a five-year contract Saturday shortly after the free-agent signing period began.

The 6-6, 345-pound Shelton is a seven-year veteran who spent his first six seasons with Arizona, which drafted him in the first round (21st overall) in 1999. He was a three-year starter at Eastern Michigan.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
There's a team that gets it.

Devin
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Not bad.

Ebenezer
03-13-2006, 11:04 AM
isn't that the guy Arizona couldn't give us last year?

clumping platelets
03-13-2006, 11:05 AM
yep

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Shelton is a bum. There's a reason Arizona didn't want him, and a reason the Browns didn't want him. He sucks.

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Shelton is a bum. There's a reason Arizona didn't want him, and a reason the Browns didn't want him. He sucks.
He would have been an upgrade for us.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2006, 11:24 AM

Over Gandy? No. Trust me, he's no better than either starting Tackle for the Bills. I watched a lot of Browns games, the guy really does suck. He's another turnstile.

Michael82
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Over Gandy? No. Trust me, he's no better than either starting Tackle for the Bills. I watched a lot of Browns games, the guy really does suck. He's another turnstile.
Good post. And Mouse McNally didn't even want him, thats why we didn't do the trade last year.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Shelton is a loser. I'm glad he went to Miami. He was getting beat all last year in Cleveland. I remember seeing footage in Primetime of everyone running past him. He couldn't have gone to a better team!

PS Don't forget that Arizona tried to trade him to us for Travis - which we didn't want, then released him...and we STILL didn't take him. There was a reason for that!!!

LtFinFan66
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Well be can't be worse than what we had. Hudson Houck did wonders with the scrubs we had last year so we will see if he can whip Shelton into shape :idunno:

Michael82
03-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Damn that's a lot of money for a guy like Shelton. :rofl:

Dolphins | Contract update: L. Shelton
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:35:36 -0800
Free agent OT <A href="http://www.kffl.com/player/39/nfl">L.J. Shelton (Browns) agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract that includes a $3.5 million signing bonus with the Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl), according to ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9)'s John Clayton (http://www.kffl.com/link/125).

MikeInRoch
03-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Any time Buffalo doesn't want an O-Lineman because he won't be an upgrade over the bums we already have, that speaks extremely poorly for the guy. I look forward to our defense torching this guy next year.

mysticsoto
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Any time Buffalo doesn't want an O-Lineman because he won't be an upgrade over the bums we already have, that speaks extremely poorly for the guy. I look forward to our defense torching this guy next year.

GO SCHOBEL! :party:

justasportsfan
03-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Good post. And Mouse McNally didn't even want him, thats why we didn't do the trade last year.

Hope to break it to you guys but Houck isn't a bad Ol coach. Arguably just as good if not better than Mouse. He's had more recent success with fixing the Ol of miami compared to Mcnally. Although people can blame TD for that, the jury is still out on what Shelton could do with a good OL coach.

The thing is, he could've been had at a cheaper price last year. I believe his contract with the cards was 3 million a year and when he was released his price could've even gone down. The fins paid a lot for him IMO considering he wasn't all that great with the Browns and add to the fact that the cards didn't want him.

He was our version of "False Start" Anderson and the fins were one of the most penalized team in the NFL last year and a lot of that was their OL . Hopefully both the fins and Shelton continue their ways.

My guess is Kelsay Schobel will have a field day against him.

!Papacrunk!
03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Hope to break it to you guys but Houck isn't a bad Ol coach. Arguably just as good if not better than Mouse. He's had more recent success with fixing the Ol of miami compared to Mcnally. Although people can blame TD for that, the jury is still out on what Shelton could do with a good OL coach.

The thing is, he could've been had at a cheaper price last year. I believe his contract with the cards was 3 million a year and when he was released his price could've even gone down. The fins paid a lot for him IMO considering he wasn't all that great with the Browns and add to the fact that the cards didn't want him.

He was our version of "False Start" Anderson and the fins were one of the most penalized team in the NFL last year and a lot of that was their OL . Hopefully both the fins and Shelton continue their ways.

My guess is Kelsay Schobel will have a field day against him.

Justa you're not supposed to be objective and give both sides to a situation in a fair light, you've just went and broke all of the rules :lol:

I really think that Hudson was one of our best pick ups, coach wise from Saban last year. He did whip our beleagured line to at least middle of the pack, which compared to the previous season was leaps and bounds. I saw that Hudson's replacement in SD got fired, so it seems like they're missing the Hudson magic er something.

feelthepain
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Really, according to the Sun sentinel:

l The Dolphins have found a replacement for left tackle Damion McIntosh, signing free agent veteran L.J. Shelton to a four-year contract on Monday.

Shelton, who turns 30 in eight days, was not re-signed by Cleveland. The Browns unsuccessfully tried to re-sign Shelton after he started all 16 games in 2005, prompting Cleveland to instead sign Atlanta tackle Kevin Shaffer to a five-year contract Saturday shortly after the free-agent signing period began.

The 6-6, 345-pound Shelton is a seven-year veteran who spent his first six seasons with Arizona, which drafted him in the first round (21st overall) in 1999. He was a three-year starter at Eastern Michigan.

Seems their telling a different story, the Browns wanted Shelton back. But what do they know. I'm sure you know more about Sheltons ability then the Browns or Saban.

Nighthawk
03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Really, according to the Sun sentinel:

l The Dolphins have found a replacement for left tackle Damion McIntosh, signing free agent veteran L.J. Shelton to a four-year contract on Monday.

Seems their telling a different story, the Browns wanted Shelton back. But what do they know. I'm sure you know more about Sheltons ability then the Browns or Saban.

Yeah, he's a freakin' all pro...all because he is a Dolphin now. You're a loser...get off this board!

Samphin1
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Eh. LJ seems like a stopgap. I doubt he sees more than two of those years before he is restructured to vet minimum or released. I think he gave up six sacks last year. Not great, but not the worst ever either. I do see some advantage to this though because of Houck. I truly think that Houck likes taking these middle of the road guys (like he had in San Diego and Miami last year) and turning them into a cohesive unit.

Lj has to cut down on the penalties, but if he can, he will serve hsi purpose well enough imo. Now, if we can only get LaVar, Givens and oh yeah, Brees to sign...

feelthepain
03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, he's a freakin' all pro...all because he is a Dolphin now. You're a loser...get off this board!

Who said he was an all pro?? However with Houck coaching him he may be now!! I was pointing out the Browns wanted to resign him!! I guess, that's not something you want to read. Therefore the usual bill fan 2 year old response.

Nighthawk
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Who said he was an all pro?? However with Houck coaching him he may be now!! I was pointing out the Browns wanted to resign him!! I guess, that's not something you want to read. Therefore the usual bill fan 2 year old response.

Buddy, you need to read your own posts if you want to see a juvenile response.

feelthepain
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Buddy, you need to read your own posts if you want to see a juvenile response.

Gosh I'm just losing all kinds of sleep from all the hate I get here. I just give what I get, I dare you to find "one" post where the very first thing I write in any thread is an attack with idiot reamrks of hate or cursing towards another member here, you won't find one. What you will find is me being attacked first, then I respond with hate because thats what I get. So get your facts strait....BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!

At least I don't resort to name calling like you or cursing like another two year old that posts here. You don't have to like what I say, but be adult enough to allow others to have their own opinions, but you just can't do that. Bill fans post on Finheaven all the time and post their opinions, the rules won't allow the kinda hate and TOS abuse that is like a out of control cancer here, so Bill fans are allowed to join in with the adult conversation.

justasportsfan
03-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Gosh I'm just losing all kinds of sleep from all the hate I get here. I just give what I get, I dare you to find "one" post where the very first thing I write in any thread is an attack with idiot reamrks of hate or cursing towards another member here, you won't find one. What you will find is me being attacked first, then I respond with hate because thats what I get. So get your facts strait....BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!

At least I don't resort to name calling like you or cursing like another two year old that posts here. You don't have to like what I say, but be adult enough to allow others to have their own opinions, but you just can't do that. Bill fans post on Finheaven all the time and post their opinions, the rules won't allow the kinda hate and TOS abuse that is like a out of control cancer here, so Bill fans are allowed to join in with the adult conversation.WAAAAHHHH!

You keep whining about the way people treat you here. LEAVE or call 1-800- cry-baby . :wail:

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Mularkey wanted Shelton all along, apparently.

YardRat
03-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Mularkey wanted Shelton all along, apparently.

Good observation, MM.